Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eps 9-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:
Jemmz wrote:
I love Sun and Jin but I'd challenge anybody to try and find a Korean like Jin who could learn english that quickly. xD

I thought everyone was complaining that Jin was learning English too slowly.

I don't see why everyone's condemning Charlotte already. We barely know her. Who knows what we might learn about her in her flashback. As for pistol-whipping Kate... that's what Sawyer should have done, after she slapped him. I'm seriously done with Kate and wish she would just get killed off already.

I love that baby name!!

Too slowly?? Lol, I just don't think it takes 3 months for someone to learn so much english especially when busy with mysterious island stuff. How long did it take Sun..?

And about Charlotte-I hate the idea of her because I disliked her before I even saw her. And now I have, she's just annoying. but I hardly know her, yeah exactly. I don't know her enough yet to want to know anything about her past
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LIKE to like Charlotte, because at first I thought she might be cool, but now she bugs me. I hope when we get her FB episode she turns out to be cool.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you hate her though when you don't know enough about her? She's certainly an antagonistic character at the moment but we have plenty of those on the show and they play their part. I think her background sounds really cool, another English/British character on the show (where's the love my peeps?) and I certainly see her behave differently around Daniel she's a completly different person. I think she has trust issues with our losties.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She seems so smug or w/e and I don't care for her at all. I don't know what is it. And I don't know why they decided to call her Charlotte either. That bugs me too. Because it's like Charlie and I don't get the point in that. Why have such similar names? There are pleanty of names to choose from. It's like when they kept calling everyone "Tom". There was no significance with that either.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just they like to recycle names so we get more of a feeling of connections between characters and such. Maybe Charlotte was the lead singer of a punk rock band in college or something hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I think her name rocks

Best name ever tehe.

Or maybe Charlotte was a member of LVI under the name charmed_charlie LMAO!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. now that would be weird it would be like future version of yourself on a tv show
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh freaky lol.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:

Too slowly?? Lol, I just don't think it takes 3 months for someone to learn so much english especially when busy with mysterious island stuff. How long did it take Sun..?

First of all, there's a reason for him to learn quickly. Sun is kinda forcing it on him, helping him out with it constantly. Second of all, he's been hearing almost only English for 3 months. I know from experience that if you're around a language for a period of time and only around it (especially if you have someone explaining what it means once or twice and then ONLY saying it in that new language) you pick it up pretty darn fast. You may not be fluent, but you do tend to understand a lot. I think Jin understood a bit to begin with, and then when Sun started teaching him bunches and having him speak English as well, that he would start picking it up even faster.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well I know I've lived in Germany for three years and learnt how to speak it for two and I haven't been able to speak anywhere near fluently. But then I guess Jin's alot smarter then me. Sun's been teaching him, yeah. But not everyday for 3 months. Didn't he randomly put together a sentance in the last episode? Was he taught how to say that? Even my sister thought that was a bit much. And english is actually hard to learn (so I've been told) so I just don't see it. Sun wrote down a few words on paper, then started to speak to him in only english (which didn't last long) and that's all we've seen. I don't know, it's not a big deal anywyay. I'm not really bothered lol.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't think he'd be anywhere near fluent, but I could randomly put together a number of sentences in Spanish, just from having relatives who speak Spanish on occasion and hearing it around (before I learned, I mean). You do have a point about English being hard to learn tho. It's the toughest European language, I hear. But Korean also ranks pretty high on the list of hardest languages to learn. So, I dunno...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I don't think English is that hard to learn. It's much easier than French or German, for example (just think of all the stupid articles we use.. )
I had a really bad English teacher for most of my school time so I started to learn it myself by watching movies and tv-shows and reading books in English.

We had lots of exchange students when I was in school and they were always pretty fluent in German after a few months. You basically have no choice when everybody around you speaks a different language.

Icon by ack attack
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I hate Charlotte! But on the brightside, if she has a centric, she can die

I liked Nikki, she was awsome in a bitchy kinda way, didnt like Paublo though.
I really really want a Jack ff it's mean! I can't wait a whole season without one! Jack is like the star of the show...he needs one
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh don't get me started on Nikki and Paulo.

In a way I can see if they don't do a Jack ff this season because he introduced them the end of the last series and it's given all the other characters chance to have on if they got off the island.

I think though for the last episode it could be mulitple ff lol (could be kinda hard to do though)

With Charlotte some episodes I like her some I don't lol. Dan is still the best <3
ToxicTrashAlarm
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Lostpedia it says that episode Nine is gunna be
Spoiler:

a Sayid flashforward

Which is really annoying!
I want a Claire flashback and find out what visions the psychic had

Spoiler:

not another sayid flashforward

this is the site
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Season_4/spoilers

it has quite a few spoilers on it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: