Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x04- Eggtown Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys just finished watching the eppy and LMAO Nikki.

I loved the almost skex aswell it was sooo cute tehe. The slap was pure genious I loved it

Ok can't be bothered to go back to sleep lol.

Sooo..
I really liked that episode, I like the FF's I thought they worked well because that was the main question if they were to get rescued what would happen to Kate. Guess she got a good deal 10 years probation.

Sun and Jin finally were back I loved that lil scene where they were deciding where to live that was cute

I like the bit aswel when Sawyer was on about kicking Hurley out it made me smile but then I was like noo you can't kick him out lol.

I think though, if this was real time it would have been a few days after Charlie's death Claire could have been a little sad if she cared about him so much, but I think she could just be trying to think about herself and Aaron now Love the Klaire scenes they were cute tehe.

I also went aww with the Jack in the trial scene it was kinda cute tehe.

But Sawyer in just his boxers *faints* that is like the best shot of him since confidence man tehe.

The whole Aaron thing aswell, I'm not quite sure about this because when I first heard about it I was like OMFG she's got Claire's kid, but I don't know whether it's just the writers confusing us trying to make us believe it's Sawyer's kid and then it's Claire's. Hmmm.... lol

But no I quite liked the episode, and not only for the Skate tehe, I just liked it kinda in total, and when she slapped him I went 'That season 1 Kate back' lol it just reminded me of something season 1 kate would do tehe.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw Charlie!!! You are so devoted!!!

Oh yeah, can I mention how badass it was when Kate first got out of the car, with her shades on and stuff!? Movie star!!!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren will kill me for saying this but....

Sawyer took his shirt off! *throws confetti*

I was totally shocked by the whole Aaron things at the end. I mean, who-da thunk? I despise the way Kate treats men. I realize her character has had it rough, but sometimes she's just plain nasty.

Locke is some scary stuff when he wants to be. The whole grenade thing...my dad laughed. How is that funny Dad? You sicko! My father is strange...
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Locke is some scary stuff when he wants to be. The whole grenade thing...my dad laughed. How is that funny Dad? You sicko! My father is strange...

LOL... I agree with the bit about Locke being scary stuff!!! The 'you sicko!' bit got me laughing as well

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Steph, When I saw that scene I opened my mouth and was like I can't fit a grenade in my mouth tehe.

Tehe Jourdan yep Devoted Skatee
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sawyer-Kate argument/slap was more comical than traumatizing. Hot? Yes. Angsty? Sure. Random? You bet.
And if that's the end of Skate, then I'll eat my chair. Jesus. Talk about a set up for a reunion.
I liked the fight because it seemed so typical Skate-fight to me. She's crazy, and he's mean.

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the first ep this season that was filler. Okay there was the big reveal at the end but nothing else happened but so many of the scenes were just people talking about nothing. Even the Miles/Ben thing ended up just being about Miles wanting money I thought maybe there was something more sinister there.

Also Claire was way too happy this week have to admit. It seemed like house on the prarie not Lost or something.

Bring on next week!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jack and Kate...very sweet, but it makes me sad that Jack can't get past the fact that she kept Aaron. If he loves her as much as all you Jaters say he does then whats up with him?

Maybe something happened we obviously don't know...i bet is something with Claire...he's going to find out they're brother and sister and my theory is that he was trying to help her get off the island but he died there and he's blaming fimself somehow...don't know...we'll wait and see...

btw Evie was great in this episode

Love the Jate scenes!!! ...thanks to team Darlton i have more material for my new vid...alhough i hoped for a kiss but maybe later in the season!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!!!! WHY THE HELL DOES KATE HAVE AARON!!!!!!!

I couldn't have screamed louder!!! this ep was AWESOME!!!!! best one of the season so far, absolutely!!! So much stuff happened!

agree with you totally about Claire, Paul. WAYYYYY too happy, smiles, laughter, no mention of charlie...do you reckon there's a reason for that?

Im sure someone else picked up on it, but when kate's lawyer said she 'almost starved to death on that island' people starve to death within a few days, a week at most. So that time bubble thing seems like the real deal now; maybe the world thinks that the survivors were only gone for a week or so...although I dunno how that works with Aaron being Kate's son...but her mother said 'i wanna see my grandson' so she thinks he's hers, right? :S

back to the whole reveal at the end, i was 100% sure kate was pregnant and she had a kid. My thoughts were that it was jack's or sawyers. Then with the convo about Jack I was convinced it was Jack's kid because of the way he acted when Kate said come and see us. But now it makes more sense, Jack must know Aaron is his nephew. It must be part of that whole story they created, the one Jack yapped about on the stand. Only 8 survived the crash, etc. in my head i see all of them making up the story on the way home from the island Man i wish it was next week already!!!

adored the jate scene in the parking lot at the end; of course he still loves her:P i was hoping for a kiss tho... no mention of juliet tho

I have a feeling Sawyer doesnt leave the island - my hope is that he falls madly in love with claire now that kate's gone and then god forbid she dies and he doesnt want to leave her - so then whose the last of the oceanic six? sun and Jin? what about des and juliet? Jin was cute in this ep; btw; 'i learned english for you' aww, yes you did, Jin!!!

I do think this week was a great ensemble episode; everyone really got pretty good airtime, especially Claire, her ultra-happiness aside. Plus i totally loved that 'coffee scene' between her and Sawyer; blissful! and now that kate is going back to the beach; maybe i can get me some ConMama action...but if Kate goes back to Jack and they get rescued...again, how does Kate get Aaron? Maybe Claire dies and Sawyer takes him to Kate...

Can i just say how pi$$ed i will be if Claire dies? especially if it happens this season BEFORE she gets a f/forward. never in my wildest lost theories did i see Claire WITHOUT aaron in the future

The skex was awesome, although it wasnt really skex. it was almost skex i actually loved her slap; i thought it was right on the money. One second he wants to sleep with her and the next he's insulting her; id slap him too...if he wasn't sitting there in only boxer shorts.

All in all I LOVED this epsode; great to see Kate's mum back too! 10/10!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
Warren will kill me for saying this but....

Sawyer took his shirt off! *throws confetti*

I was totally shocked by the whole Aaron things at the end. I mean, who-da thunk? I despise the way Kate treats men. I realize her character has had it rough, but sometimes she's just plain nasty.

Wait, which one am I killing you for? I agree on 2 of the 3 things you said. I'm sorry, but I still roll my eyes when Sawyer goes shirtless . I just hear this far-off "SQUEE!!!!". It scares me .

And yes, Locke was indeed one scary little mo-fo this ep. I am not pleased with him. Actually, I'm fairly convinced that this is out of character for him - being so pathetically unreceptive, becoming an abrasive "dictator" with no rhyme or reason for why he's doing things, and letting Ben get the best of him that easily - and obviously? That's just pathetic.

I have a theory - which is to say, I saw it this ep and predict it's going to stay like this - that when Kate's being written "well", and "realistically", then it requires a few other characters to take a hit, and get completely obliterated from how we'd consider their characters to act.
NAMELY:
Locke, Claire, and Sawyer were absolutely CRAP this ep. ALL of them - in my opinion, got ruined from how they should have acted.

Claire:
Gather round PB&Jers, and listen to the magical words. The words that can whisk away and destroy an entire 3 years of "character development" (and I use this term loosely with Claire, since she's been a mere prop for Charlie this whole time), listen to them:
"Good morning"
"Coffee sure smells good"
"Well, why don't I go make you a cup?"
Goodbye, dear Charlie. Nice knowing you. Oh well, if we're lucky we might still get some Conmama. After all, those lines were just dripping with double meaning.
But seriously. I'm disgusted with the lack of dedication to her character there. It is appalling. EVEN IF she didn't really love Charlie (which is a pet theory of mine), having her act this way before revealing it is still completely wrong. No, just no. This was not right.
Claire became a prop this episode - yet again. She became a prop as the loving parent who Kate felt unfit to emulate. They made Claire all cheery so that Kate could feel all unworthy of motherhood (yeah, because that's why we wanted to watch this episode. Right. It was so we could see Kate's character develop. Right. (I'm sorry, I still hate Kate)). And in order to do that, they just rebooted Claire back to square one.
Is this it? Is Claire really doomed to be a prop for the rest of this show? Does this have something to do with Emile's acting?
If yes - to any of those questions - then... damn. That just sucks. That's just not right.

Sawyer:

BUT, to look on the bright side! She can at least be a prop for Sawyer, and can get going with the Conmama! Especially after he conveniently decided to act like an asshole right after an intimate night with Kate just so there would be no more complications once she's left the Lockesters. And he made sure of that by doing the one thing you never do if you want someone to come back: point out they'll be back. No, this Sawyer-Kate thing was just another plot manipulation. Okay, yeah - that's obvious - but still. It's just one more tree-frog-squishing I just don't want to deal with .
Can we make that the new "jumped the shark" phrase, btw? Can "squished the tree frog" mean a character just got obliterated? It's so fitting!

Locke:

I know a lot of people hate Locke. With an ep like this, I really can't blame you. But... I don't think that was the Locke I know just there . Or at any rate, I don't think the right emphasis was put on his character as there should have been. Perhaps if this had been his episode, and we had a big emotional flashback about how he never knew what to do back before the island, and now he doesn't know what to do here - for the first time in a while - it might have been forgivable. Then we might understand his whole: being an over-abrasive jerk thing, to prove to himself he's the leader and he knows what he's doing. And it could culminate in that nasty grenade thing, zipping into a flashback just as he exits the doorway. (btw, I thought that was morbidly funny . That Miles certainly does like to talk a lot. He wanted 3.2 million dollars for nothing though, and sometimes you have to put some nasty things in your mouth to get it!).
Perhaps, in that context, Locke would make more sense this ep. BUT EVEN THEN, I think it's... well.. stupid, for him to act that way. First, he should know that cutting people out with no good reason is a lame way to lead, and is bound to stir up trouble. I thought Locke knew this sort of thing, and would have instead tried to make Kate see his side of things - and perhaps work with her on things. But nooooo....
You see, Kate needed an on-island storyline here. One that culminated in her leaving the Lockesters. To do that, she needed Locke mad at her. To get Locke mad at her, she needed to break some rules. To do that, there had to be some rules. To do THAT, Locke had to be a little dictator. And then all she needed was some stupid reason to break those rules - queue Miles and his useless info for Kate. (I mean, it's fairly obvious they know about her. If they know the manifest of Oceanic 815, then they know her. Dumb). Locke, too, became another stupid pawn - just like he did in the entire first half of last season, in his little "I blow shit up" phase, just because the writers didn't want them any way to get off the island.

Ug.

Suffice to say, I wasn't too happy with this ep. I don't like it when the characters are tossed about for stupid little stories like this one. It.. irks me.
Lets hope other episodes make up for this one.

Oh, and: Aaron?! Yikes!
(did anyone else hear Kate's last line and think "Erb? Ern? Ern? What the hell did that girl say?", and not know it was Aaron until they checked an episode review site? Because I did. )
So, my theory is getting backed up further here. Here's how it goes now:

1. Somehow the Oceanic 6 - so far consisting of Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid - made it off the island, along with Aaron (lets assume he's not counted as one of the Oceanic 6, what with not being on the plane). Obviously, Claire did not make the trip.
2. For unknown reasons - but likely because someone, or some people, are looking for them and want to hurt them, these 6 have made a cover story about their survival that leaves out all but two of the others. Whether that means the rest are dead, or they're still stuck on the island, we don't know. But based on Hurley and Jack's conversation about giving them away, I'm going to make a guess that they aren't dead - and they are still on the island.
3. As for Aaron. The fact that Kate is posing as his mother means that Claire is NOT off the island, and is likely NOT one of the two dead people in Jack's story (since then getting past the whole pregnancy, in the story, would be impossible). This means that whatever her fate is - it's the same as the rest of the losties. If they're on the island, so is she.
How Aaron ended up with Kate is a mystery. I'm sure we'll find out sometime though. Perhaps it's one of those "take him with you, give him a good life!" things, or perhaps she dies, or perhaps Kate just happens to be holding onto him when she gets off the island, but gets separated from Claire in the process. Either way, it's interesting.

Aaaaaannnd, I'm done. Overall, there really wasn't much new this ep . We just learned that whatever's up with the island - it's important enough that Jack will lie (flawlessly) under oath about it. And, whatever happened, it's such a destructive hit on Jack's conscience that he can't even look at Aaron. What could possibly cause that? Could Jack be the cause of Claire's death?! Could ALL the losties be in mortal peril?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON A BRAND-NEW EPISODE OF

LOST
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren; about CLaire in this ep, you took the words out of my mouth, man. but personally i dont think it has anything to do with emilie's acting; she's played that blank, heartbroken thing before like in Fire+Water when she was always distant to Charlie; I doubt it's lack of trying. Really, that scene about coffee, which being a ConMama fan i adored, could really only be taken in a sunny way. The lines they gave her weren't at all sad, depressing. "why don't i make you a cup?" surely if they wanted her to sound sad someone would have asked her to.

I agree as well, though im not happy about, the fact that Claire was a prop for Charlie. I've always thought Claire was an unused character but in season one she definately had more of a voice. The writers have missed to much oppurtunity to delve even more deeply into her character with the effect Charlie's death has had on her. But maybe this is all a Lost ploy, maybe when (yes, im being optimistic here) she gets a f/back we find out that claire had some kind of psychotic break. or maybe she still 'sees' Charlie, doesnt think he's dead at all in her mind, hense why she's happy all the time.

I don't however think that Claire would willingly give Aaron to Kate to 'give him a better life' if that was the case; she would've gone with Jack in the beginning. Or gone with Sayid when he came back with Kate. To me the reason she went with Locke in the first place was because she thought he was better on the island with her. This also help my little CLaire/insane theory. If Kate, or possibly Sawyer, thought that Claire was going a little whacko, she/he might take Aaron back to the beach to 'save' him.

And Warren I love how on board you are with ConMama right now; somethng HAS to happen between them right? That little coffee scene could ALMOST be considered as flirting - well, it will be in the video I'm sure I'll make based on it, lol - Claire was certainly happy to see Sawyer arrive

I also agree Claire existed as a prop for Kate in this ep, the comparison between the mother claire is and the mother kate wants to be.

plus, i do like the idea of squished the tree frog - perfect Lost adjustment for jumped the shark But is this the final end of Skate? Surely, she wouldnt go back to him again?

Who do we think the 8 survivors are that Jack mentioned? Obviously the Oceanic 6 arent calling Claire one of them; i assume they're all in on the 'kate being aaron's mother' story. I'm hoping one of the six is either sun or jin. Hopefully sun; id love to see her have her baby But anyway, if Claire is NOT one of the 8, could she still be alive (and in my theory, crazy) on the island?

I don't know about the Jack being guilty thing over claire's death; they haven't met up since they all separated in ep one. so unless claire comes back to the beach or jack goes to the barracks; he wouldn't know. Although, perhaps Claire has been left behind on the island, crazy or not, and that's one of the reasons jack wants to go back. Makes the whole season three finale scene that much more interesting. If Kate is talking about Aaron as the one whose gonna be wondering where she is, it makes the tears from both Jack and Kate that more intense. And maybe Jacks. "We were not supposed to leave" has something to do with leaving Claire and taking Aaron with them instead.

phew; i have a lot of theories going on.

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:

back to the whole reveal at the end, i was 100% sure kate was pregnant and she had a kid. My thoughts were that it was jack's or sawyers. Then with the convo about Jack I was convinced it was Jack's kid because of the way he acted when Kate said come and see us.

adored the jate scene in the parking lot at the end; of course he still loves her:P i was hoping for a kiss tho... no mention of juliet tho

I thought the baby could be Jacks when he was talking to Kate in the parking lot. I though maybe his daddy issues could lead to him feeling that he'd fail his child and want to keep away. I also really wanted him to kiss her!!

The skate was super-cute, especially when Sawyer said he'd take care of Kate
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Kat! I love your banner and I thought about you the second that Claire/Sawyer had that flirty coffee moment ! I'm glad you got your conmamma moment!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha; thanks Nikki. I got my moments; YES!!! hopefully its the start of a whole famliy of ConMama moments for the season I also count sawyer's line "How are things at Casa De Claire?" as a ConMama moment lol

LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, Locke was being sorta OOC in this episode.

He's freaking out since there's no Jacob. That's the whole thing. He's thinking "OMGODFGMFODGMJODFGDOFGMFODGM WHERE'S MY JACOB!?!!?" This isn't the old Locke. He's ticking me off now, I mean he's not usually a dictator. Just a crazy-ish philosophical guy. That's the Locke that I knew and want back.

I still think it's sickly funny Miles has a grenade in his mouth. It's probably one without powder in it. How did Locke get a grenade anyway? Mikhail's ghost drop one off?

Banner by erandil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: