Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x03- The Economist Episode Descussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Yeah, that's what I thought too. He wants Kate to be happy, even if it means he can't have her. (How nice of him....did I just compliment Jack?!?)

lol
Yeah he's definitely a Skater.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not a Skater! He's the biggest Jater there is! He's just.. a good guy in love with a girl who can't make her frakking mind up.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

Ben is the Jater! Hardcore!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked this episode! Sayid does it for me every time! Gotta love the guy...

I squeed when Sayid announced that Kate stayed with Sawyer. And I got a little weepy when Sawyer told her he wanted to play house. Aww, that's so... *heart aches*

I was so surprised at the beginning of this ep. I'm really intrigued to find out why exactly Sayid chose to become what he did. Is he really protecting his friends? If so, which friends? The other Oceanic 5? The only thing that disappoints me is that Ben is his boss. I know I will be trampled to death, but I just do not like Ben. I would've been much happier knowing he hadn't made it off the island; I don't like the games he plays and every week I find myself shouting to Sawyer to actually kill the guy!

It hurt me to see Sayid kill that woman. He clearly understood that she had used him once she made the phone call to her boss, but he also couldn't have helped himself in inadverantly falling for her. Poor Sayid...

OMG, Desmond! You were missed last week, my love. I love how he took one glance at the photo and he insisted getting on that helicopter. (But Desmond knows how to fly a plane? When did that happen? Do you think he knows how to because he once operated a boat by himself?)

I like Dan too. He seems like such an innocent guy; I'd hate for anything to happen to him. And he stayed behind for Charlotte - how sweet of him!

Um, I think that's it for now... *thinky thoughts*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
I squeed when Sayid announced that Kate stayed with Sawyer. And I got a little weepy when Sawyer told her he wanted to play house. Aww, that's so... *heart aches*

Since when are you such a Skater, Maria?

Quote:
The only thing that disappoints me is that Ben is his boss. I know I will be trampled to death, but I just do not like Ben. I would've been much happier knowing he hadn't made it off the island; I don't like the games he plays and every week I find myself shouting to Sawyer to actually kill the guy!

I'm totally with you here. I wish they'd finally finish Ben off I hate the thought of Sayid working for that little evil bastard, especially after what Sayid said about not wanting to sell his soul.

But geez, the Losties are pretty messed up in their future off-island lives, aren't they?

Quote:
OMG, Desmond! You were missed last week, my love. I love how he took one glance at the photo and he insisted getting on that helicopter. (But Desmond knows how to fly a plane? When did that happen? Do you think he knows how to because he once operated a boat by himself?)

Yeah, I missed him, too.

I'm wondering how Penny and her dad could be involved in all of this...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Now that I've squeed about the promo, I can talk about the episode. Awesome. Naveen was excellent and heart-breaking. At the end, he really comes across like a man who's soul is mortgaged. Whatever mission he's on, whatever this work is that he's doing for Ben, it's clear that he does not find it easy. I was surprised to learn that his "girlfriend" had been playin him the whole time for HER boss, just as he was playing her. That was a rather bizarre and unexpected twist.

Daniel is a lot of fun in this episode. He's totally getting his geek on with his experiments, and if I'm not mistaken he said - or rather mumbled - that the island is 31 MINUTES out of sync, not 31 seconds as we'd seen in the synopsis. Need to rewatch that part. Jack was freaking a bit watching Dan's experiments, but Frank told him to relax because Daniel is always doing this kind of stuff on the freighter. Jacks asks if he knows what it's about. Frank says no because "Half of everything he says goes over my head... and the other half goes way, WAY over my head." Hee.

Loved the Kate and Sawyer scene. They actually talk TO each other for a change, rather than talking at each other and that was nice. She called him James and he called her Freckles. She must have liked that because... oh yeah, she decided to stay!

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but WTF was this episode about?! I stopped paying attention to the flashforwards altogether, only when he shot that woman did I actually listen and I'm still confused. I was spoiled about Ben but come on,
"They know I'm coming for them now"
*tense music*
"Good"
BOOM!

ROFL! WTF? Someone told me that Lost tries to make anything look really cool even when it's not. Now, I completely agree. I actually lolled at that ending. Then again, I laughed at most of this episode. I think Sun and Jin have died and Claire, Hurley and Desmond have had serious memory loss. Tch. The only bits I liked was the Skate scene (God, I love Sawyer this season) and the trippy time difference thing. It would be SO cool if they introduced that whole time travel plot but you know how many opportunities this show has missed so whatever.

And yeah, I love Daniel too. Lol, he rocks. And I definitely noticed that Daniel/Charlotte thing too but it's getting ridiculous how we just ship anyone who has the slightest conversation or something, lol!
Oh, and yay! Germany!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you're not enjoying this season very much, Jemma.

art by me&tammy
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Jemma!

Yeah I was really pissed that about the whole Hurley, Claire, and Desmond acting like nothing has happened. I guess the writers think that they gave us their reactions on the first eppy, so their covered....well not by a long shot guys!!!!! And now that Des had left the island, it completely screws up Claire getting the list. And it doesn’t help much that Claire had what like a half a line in this eppy. I'm still going by what I said before, maybe when they get settled in the others town we'll actually have a whole scene with Claire and then we'll really see what she's thinking. But something tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up, at least that’s what it seems like at the moment.

I don't know if anyone had watched the sneak peak yet for next week’s eppy but...

Spoiler:

In it Sawyer says that Kate is staying in Claire's house, hopefully that means we'll see more of Claire...*fingers crossed*

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it sucks. I suspected it wouldn't be as good but I'm kind of shocked at how these episodes aren't meaning anything to me. Back in S1 & 2 I would have described almost every episode as perfect but now it's just different O___o
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*tries to resist, but reads spoiler*

Spoiler:

YAY! Kate in Claire's house = CLAIRE!! Hooray! *happy dance* Maybe we'll get to see more of how she's reacting.

I hope you keep watching, anyway, Jemma. Maybe it'll get better.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
lol Jemma!

Yeah I was really pissed that about the whole Hurley, Claire, and Desmond acting like nothing has happened. I guess the writers think that they gave us their reactions on the first eppy, so their covered....well not by a long shot guys!!!!! And now that Des had left the island, it completely screws up Claire getting the list. And it doesn’t help much that Claire had what like a half a line in this eppy. I'm still going by what I said before, maybe when they get settled in the others town we'll actually have a whole scene with Claire and then we'll really see what she's thinking. But something tells me that I shouldn't get my hopes up, at least that’s what it seems like at the moment.

I don't know if anyone had watched the sneak peak yet for next week’s eppy but...

Spoiler:

In it Sawyer says that Kate is staying in Claire's house, hopefully that means we'll see more of Claire...*fingers crossed*

Yeah, Des is coming off as a git right now. He seems so selfish. It's like he's forgotten who died to give them the opportunity of this helicopter and rescue etc. And I have no idea what's happened to that letter. I guess it isn't important Like Charlie's death as it would seem T_T I don't know about Darlton but if someone I loved very much died, I would cry non-stop. It's just not human to show no feelings about something like that. You're not upset just one day and then are fine the next (I don't think it's even a DAY, is it?) unless she's numb or in denial or something like that but come on, he's being forgotten in true Lost style, isn't he.

That spoiler seems like that would be fun. They're roomies! lol. xD
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember this is a tv show and scenes of people being depressed and moping around don't make good for exciting, fun television. Just because they didn't show it doesn't mean Claire has been having a good cry and..

Spoiler:

I read a spoiler about this season ages ago and Desmond is meant to be strugging with him feeling responsible about Charlie's death so I am sure we will see this in episode 5 which is Desmond centric.

Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but I don't like to watch TV shows with lots of death either but this show has alot of that and it's not right to have death and hardly any grief. If Lost didn't want depressing scenes then there shouldn't be so many depressing storylines.

I heard that too. It would be a bit random now though, seeing as nobody's mentioned him for ages. Desmond should be feeling that though. Charlie wouldn't have done it if Desmond hadn't of told him it was "his destiny"
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the fence last season about whether I liked Desmond, but now I've decided. I don't like him. He's incredibly selfish and the only one he cares about is Penny.

That spoiler does seem like fun! XD I always liked Kate and Claire being friends, but we haven't seen much of that lately.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: