Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x03- The Economist Episode Descussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's right. I also have a little sneaky suspicion maybe the other survivors aren't on the island at all but are hiding out in the real world under assumed identities. I just got that impression from the way Ben spoke about them.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben dosnt count. Plus Ben can get off the island when ever he chooses, hence all the passports and currencies.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought! And cool theory Paul! I think you may be on to something!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! I forgot to mention the payload and the time difference that's huge! Guess they could be living in an altered time bubble then But that would mean craploads of time will have gone by in the outside world..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, that would be a cool twist. And then they'd catch up to 2008, b/c aren't they still stuck in 2004? And it would explain Walt growing up so fast!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skater_815
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Oh! I forgot to mention the payload and the time difference that's huge! Guess they could be living in an altered time bubble then But that would mean craploads of time will have gone by in the outside world..

If that's true, that could be a way for them to explain why Walt got so much older (and taller) so quickly.

www.youtube.com/astrosgrl41
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
Woah, that would be a cool twist. And then they'd catch up to 2008, b/c aren't they still stuck in 2004? And it would explain Walt growing up so fast!

I really like that idea!!! It would explain so much!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG!!! The ending of that eppy !!!!

Loved the eppy, I was feeling like Daniel liked Charlotte a bit lol. I really loved that episode, the skate bit was like awwwwwwwwwwww, playing house .

The time difference thing is totally believeable now, especially with the difference on that clock.

I loved the bit where Sayid found the passage way that was like cool, all the passports and different currency. I seriously can't wait for a Ben episode now I need more lol.

*goes to watch eppy again*
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this whole time difference thing now and the delay with the rocket, how was Daniel able to talk to Regina on the phone? I'm confused.

Besides that, I thought it was a great episode. Did not think Sayid would be one of the Oceanic Six. !
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooaaa guys, this time bubble thing is trippin me out! Especially since that would make so much sense about Walt!!!

Is Michael the man on the boat? Jemma said that as a joke, but it seems like a decent idea.

Either way, this episode was good. Jack breaks my heart. I feel so bad for him.

But no really. I wasn't shocked by the end, cause I had read a spoiler (ugh), but I was like, "Sayid is so evil!" when she was like, "I love you." But it turned out SHE was evil!!!

Poor Sayid... when he was crying! I just wanted to hug him! I love him!

Annnd ohhhh my godddd him getting out of that bed!?!???? Scandalous! That was pretty hardcore.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG!!!!!! i just watched this ep and it was AWESOME!!! way better then last weeks; this one even rival's the beginning of the end for me so much happned!!! kate stays with sawyer!!! Sayid works for BEN off the island!!!! Sayid topless; with awful hair, but topless nonetheless!!!!! omg; hurley being left behind was great, lol. i totalyl believed him. and when sawyer came into kate and shushed her ; it creeped me out a little. i give this one a 9/10!! I LOVED IT!

only thing missing, that i'll complain about until i get it, is that Claire was once again shoved aside. and apparently she's all better since Charlie's death. she had ONE line this ep; so far the smallest amount she's had all season. Why bother with the real baby then if she's barely in it? But for that matter; there was no Sun or Jin in this ep, either. or rose and bernard; one of my fave couples. anyway, someone was talking on the first page about the fact claire still hasn't gotten the greatest hits list and now DES LEAVES THE ISLAND!!! he hasn't even spoken to Claire; told her anything about charlie, what he said, etc. Charlie DIED saving Des and he just leaves?

not only that; when is someone gonna just take a dam look in aaron's crib and FIND THE DRIVESHAFT RING!!!!! i hope that maybe sun looks in there, maybe thinking of her own baby, and finds it and hangs onto it to give to claire. Man, if they cut a scene that explains any of this ill be pissed. ill still love the show; ill just be pissed

anyway; other then that i lvoed this! i was on the edge of my seat the whole way through; i had to keep pausing it and digesting what i'd seen. what is up with naomi's bracelet and why did elsa (?) sayids girl have one too? cos they're working for the same people? the same people who apparently have some of our losties in danger which is why sayid is working for ben; to keep them safe?

and omg when sayid shot that guy at the beginning i freaked!! awesome way to start the show that daniel guy is really irritating to me; cant stand him. but i really do like miles; i like the atmosphere around the characters when he's there. Charlotte I can live without as well as Daniel.

all in all; fantastic ep so jack, hurley and sayid are definites for the Oceanic Six; cant wait ot see who the rest are. although i hope ones not Ben....but he does get off the island then? so the rescuers FAIL at capturing him....or maybe they're all in it together in some weird scheme.

Jourdan im so with you about sayid; how gorgeous is he when he cries? i wanted to hug him too!!! and how fine did he look in that suit at the beginning? and even tho he's literally a head hunter; he smiles more in the future; that im happy about.

So we think there's a time bubble? I agree; something is up with the time. woulda been helpful if they'd had a date on that thing too since Jack says it's been '100 days' since he's watched a game. Nikki; that is such a believable idea that they're stuck in 2004 while the rest of the world is in 2008!! ooh; but that brings me back tothe jack quote for a second. he asks that pilot if the red sox won the series and he basically says yes and jack says "cant believe it's been 100 days since I've seen a game." surely if it had been longer the pilot woulda picked up on it?

omg; at first i was gonna type "i dont think walt is the best example to use because its not like the writers have an control over how malcolm grows." but then i remembered sawyer's awsome line about Taller Ghost Walt; so they're making mention of the fact that he's taller and older rather then pretending he's the same....AWESOME!!!!!!!

wow; i really loved this ep. ill have to watch it again tomorrow to see what i missed.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of Sun finding the DriveShaft ring and giving it to Claire, Kat. That would be sweet! Desmond really pissed me off with the whole leaving-the-island thing. It's like no one matters to him at all other than Penny. I'm really upset about Claire being shoved aside too, she's such a sweet character but it seems like now she's just going to be the girl with the baby in the background.

I really want to know what Sayid's connection with Naomi's bracelet is! My mom was wondering if maybe he knows Naomi, but they did talk in Season 3 and didn't seem to know each other at all... Hmmm...

Quote:
Elyse I think Ailsa was working for the same people as Naomi cause she had that bracelet on. Guess it's a tag to show who they are or something. Wouldn't be surprised if her boss was Matthew Abaddon. Either that or I was thinking Charles Widmore and I bet he's one of the people Sayid has to kill.

Are you talking to me, Paul? I'm Eryn. Elyse didn't talk about Ailsa. 0_o

Abaddon freaks me out. That's an interesting theory though, that she's working for Abaddon or Charles Widmore. Ooh! I just thought of something! We know Naomi was working for Abaddon, but what if Abaddon is working for Widmore?? It would explain Naomi having that photo of Penny and Desmond!!

The time bubble thing is going over my head...I need some time to think about that one...

art by me&tammy
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode. It's the first Sayid centric episode i've really enjoyed and didnt want to end.

points on the ep:

1. omfg! I LOVE DAN. Like, more by the minute. He's awesome. I want him. Oh Daniel. You can make an electronicy device thingy for me ANY DAY. I dont know how thats meant to be dirty but I want it to be.

2. MWAHAHAHA Kate! Juliet totally pwnd her on the thing Jack asked. Her face was lol and Juliet was all *haha b!tch* me love it.

3. Kate's smile when she was talking to Jack.. *goes to make a mvideo JUST because of that scene* it was adorable. That whole scene was lovely. "does that mean wait 20 minutes and go anyway?" oh Jack. You can wait 20 minutes and go anway for me ANY DAY.

4. I cant believe Hurley went all Juliet on us. Team Locke might destroy him. But I did love him before we found out he was lying. "Oh great the boat sent us another Sawyer." "Dude DONT ASK. I was just trying to argue with him.." haha.

5. I liked that Skate scene. WHAT! Dont think i'm turning sides any time soon. I just liked Sawyer in it mostly. "How longdo you think we can play House for?" "Lets find out." hmms. And I just felt sorry for him when he said he had nothing to go back for. So why does Kate wanna go back? That woman is crazybaby!

6. I LOVE JACK.

7. I LOVE DESMOND. so good to see him in a episode *drools*

8. I'm worried for Sayid! And for Dessie! I can only think the worst is going to happen with them on that frieghter. I dont want Des to die ): i'l sob. He's my 2nd fave male! *sobs*

9. Jack looked so hurt/dissappointed/sad when Sayid said "She decided to stay behind." The way Sayid said it and looked at Jack, made me think that Sayid was kinda subliminaley (dont care, I know i've spelt it wrong, and I dont care) was saying "She stayed back for Sawyer, cos you let her come with me you idiot."

10. I knew it was gonna be either Ben or Jack in the last scene. I was convinced it was Jack at the beginning, but then I heard the voice clearer and I knew it was Ben. His face is scary. LOST. I want a new episode now thanks.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof

Last edited by IntoTheVoid on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jourdan im so with you about sayid; how gorgeous is he when he cries?

I know Kat! He really is... this makes me want to make a Sayid video now.

Damon and Carlton said they had a plan to address Malcom's growth spurt. So the time bubble could very well be it!!!

And how creepy was it when Dan was like, "Follow the exact same bearings you came in on." Just like how Ben told Michael to follow certain bearings when he left, and then said something like, "You couldn't find it again if you tried."

I didn't pick up on this braclet bisuness. I rarely do. I'll have to look it up now.

Haha Kat, I HATE Miles! I just want to punch him! I actually like Dan the best out of the boat people. So I guess we're opposites here.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dan too! He's my fav or the boat people...the rest are just blah to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: