Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer" by secret
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: "In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer" by secret Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer" 01-28-2008
James Ford is freed from prison and is sent to the island, to find himself and to forget his past. My first original Lost trailer. Also my 1 year anniversary since my first ever fanvid!
Song: - by -
Vidder: secret_neo
Length: 2:46 (25MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW-KVP_V2LY

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer by secret_neo Reply with quote

Okay... so that pretty much made my day... no my week!!!! THAT WAS FRIGGEN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved it!!!! I'm squeeing so much right now. YOU RULE!!!!!!

Wow.... definitely gold and 5 stars and a favorite on YouTube! Really well done. That was a phenomenal trailer, one of the best I've seen for Sawyer. Right up there with Sassy's Hitman trailer. Excellent!!!! Fantastic!!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where oh where did you get that lost font? *pleading eyes*

I love hello zepp as trailer music; its so inherently creepy that no matter what you're watching; it looks creepy I love trailers; so glad that you did a Lost one since all your lost/movie trailers are awesome as for this one; it was awesome! i loved the story; very original and, of course, all about Sawyer is always good i love wen the music picked up with kate's 'this has nothing to do with guns!" that was killer great beat use as well. and the ending was awesome!!

one little critique i have was that you could have stayed on the title cards for a second or two longer just to give people time to read them. just a note for next time but story, editing wise; this was pretty much flawless excellent work!

secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa thanks guys. ya i kinda winged the story, i changed my mind like 3 times while making it. at first, it was gonna be like "The Island", him being different than everyone else, then the story of just him escaping, killing people in his path, than this, whatever it is. lol

but ya, i knew the text was a bit fast for sum, i gotta agree with that lol.

anyway thanks, and in such a quick response, not even been up for a half hour yet, i dont think lol.

OH, and the font is just a little secret that microsoft provides, its called Impact
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was really great! I really have to commend you on your audio/music. I know how hard that can be and you did a great job with that.
Your story telling was nice. I liked the quote you had from the warden saying he was a free man and the clips you used for that. The quick pacing was really great too.
I do think there were times when you could have cut back toward the end. Like I didn't need to see every punch to the face and the explosions were exciting, but I don't think they went with the story. Less it more I guess.

Great first trailer! I am so proud of your vidding anniversary! You've come such a long way and this video is a testament to that.

PS: Your Titles and font were amazing!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome man! I liked that you kinda summed up his story, rather than making it totally AU. Your editing, dialogue and clip choices were excellent, and I was especially impressed by your title cards and fonts/color, it looked so freakin' incredible, just like a Lost commercial. You are talented, man. Waaay better than anything I've done, editing wise. I enjoyed it. I also loved how you fit the audio in there like every clip, it just looked exactly like a trailer. So cool! I enjoyed the quick pace of the vid (the fast title cards actually didn't bother me, cuz I tend to read quickly) and the song choices were great. "Hello Zepp" is a good trailer piece. I hope you make more original trailers in the future. I enjoyed this one.

My one, little, tiny critique is this secret_neo - I noticed that the border changed. Sometimes it was wide screen, other times it was more like a square around the clip. Instead of black just on the top and bottom, it was on the sides too. But it wasn't a big deal, just something I noticed.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that border thing happened in rendering, iunno what happened there, maybe cuz i mixed DVD ripped vids with downloaded clips, but much better than my previous vids i must say.

but that aside, thanks for the comment, always a pleasure to read yours. and your a fellow Sawyer fan so i'm really happy you enjoyed it.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was AMAZING! The font, the music, everything was just awesome. Totally faved that over at youtube! The only critique I have is what Sassy said about the border changing. It usually bugs me atleast if it does it a lot, but it didn't happen much in the trailer so it's not a big critique at all.

sig credit: adina_mpj @ LJ
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was soo cool!
I love Sawyer and this is definitely one of the best if not the best trailer about him I've ever seen.
Your editing and clip choice was brilliant! Really great video!

Icon by ack attack
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer by secret_neo Reply with quote

That was absolutely brilliant! It was so climactic with the choice of music and the clips, and the effects you used on the text was incredible as well. I really felt like I was watching a trailer! And you can't go wrong with Sawyer. You just... you can't. It's Sawyer! C'mon, man

That was godly. Almighty. Awesomely awesome. Wow. I'm gonna go watch that again.
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer by secret_neo Reply with quote

Wow this was really good. i thought i was actully watching a movie trailer and if it was real movie i deffo watch it
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That was amazing! Are you sure you're not really an editor for ABC? You should totally do their trailers! Anyways...definitely gold from me and I hope you get a CP for this!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer by secret_neo Reply with quote

Wow cool those titles were perfect like the ABC Lost trailers Fun, action packed enjoyed it!
ellibee
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer by secret_neo Reply with quote

That was one of the best traile i have ever seen! Gold start from me.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: In His Hands - A Lost Original Trailer by secret_neo Reply with quote

Wow that was soo Cool
So Action packed the music you used was great.
The text you used was awesome What Font was that BTW? The only thing I would say is IMO I think the text should have been a little longer in parts but not too long. Nothing Major to worry about though because it was a fabulous piece
Gold From Me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: