Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so not a trailer....does the soundtrack have to be from the movie? I thoguht I read that it did...
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you did indeed see that in the rules in the first post:

Quote:
Vidders can choose to have music or not for their video but if they use music it must be from the film score of the film they are portraying and be purely instrumental, no lyrics.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the soundtrack for the movie. most movies to have an instrumental version. Like i adore the Pirates of the caribbean soundrack and the Jurassic Park one as well.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, Kat!!!

So it has to be from 'the' movie audio that you're using...alright.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Sassy! Its so hard finding the right audio bit, i mean Clockwork Orange is perfict because the whole movie is just using Bethoven, although allot of the scenes dont really tell a whole story. Im debating between two of them. When i was trying to think of stuff though, i came across the musical bit in Billy Madison, and thought it would be very humerous if someone did a video to that...
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun. xD

Gosh, this contest is confusing. I may just sit back and watch for this one.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont give up Sassy!

Hmmm, just wondering, but who all is entering? Id dosnt seem like many of you are doing it, though i could be totally wrong. Ive picked a different scene for my vid. May have to add music though at the end to build a climax. Im still using A Clockwork Orange though. And its a scene from the first half of the movie if anyones wondering.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement, but I have sooo many vids going right now, as well as school and I was recently cast in an independent film...so yeah. xD Unless I am suddenly struck with an amazing idea, I may just watch everyone else's vids.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement, but I have sooo many vids going right now, as well as school and I was recently cast in an independent film...so yeah. xD Unless I am suddenly struck with an amazing idea, I may just watch everyone else's vids.

I hear you sassy. Probably after i finish this im going to take a large break (mainly because im sending my computer in) till probably end of october. Wow what indi film? im really into film making and stuff, so it sounds awsome!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called 'Hindsight' and I play a character named 'Katie'...erm...the lead actually. I was called a few minutes ago, only 3 hours after my first audition, and told that I got the lead (and they said they weren't gonan call me 'till tomorrow) It's an action/thriller about...well, I'm not sure exactly what it's about, it's very hard to explain. I've been told that I die 4 times tho, cuz the day repeats itself. I hear it's a bit violent too, but it actually sounds like a lot of fun. I had to be shot in the stomach, and in pain during my audition, so I actually mirrored my acting (somewhat) to Josh's (he's just so good at it). Not the screaming like in 'Confidence Man' tho. I was just generally in pain, and talking on the phone to someone, and his acting was my inspiration.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. I'm just ecstatic that on my very first REAL audition, I got the lead, indi or not. *faints*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
It's called 'Hindsight' and I play a character named 'Katie'...erm...the lead actually. I was called a few minutes ago, only 3 hours after my first audition, and told that I got the lead (and they said they weren't gonan call me 'till tomorrow) It's an action/thriller about...well, I'm not sure exactly what it's about, it's very hard to explain. I've been told that I die 4 times tho, cuz the day repeats itself. I hear it's a bit violent too, but it actually sounds like a lot of fun. I had to be shot in the stomach, and in pain during my audition, so I actually mirrored my acting (somewhat) to Josh's (he's just so good at it). Not the screaming like in 'Confidence Man' tho. I was just generally in pain, and talking on the phone to someone, and his acting was my inspiration.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. I'm just ecstatic that on my very first REAL audition, I got the lead, indi or not. *faints*

That is soo awsome!!!! Movie sounds cool. I will deffinatly be looking out for it in the future, you should keep us ubdated on it!!! Congrats for getting the part!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe It involved hit-men too, and I think they said I get tortured...ooh, gonna hard to act for that one. It's one thing, being in pain and having my breathing labored/groaning etc, but yeah....I think I need to watch some more Lost. xD Anyway, you can go back on topic now. Sorry.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice Trey! Can't wait to see it.

Hopefully people are just working so hard they have no time to post!

This contest is a confusing one I admit but if you get it right there could be some outstanding videos. Best of luck to everyone!

That's so cool you got a part in a film Sassy!! You gonna end up on imdb? lol
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hey now, what kind of "can do" attitude is that? Get in there and arm-wrestle that idea into submission! I have faith in you! ♥!

last samurai/lost crossover.

Was never gonna have a chance
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
That's so cool you got a part in a film Sassy!! You gonna end up on imdb? lol

hehe That'd be so awesome. I'd be freaking out for a while if that happened. xD

I'd definitely wanna watch that Izzy, what characters were you going to use (if you did it, I mean)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: