Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Say What You Will" by mistojen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: "Say What You Will" by mistojen Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Say What You Will" 06-04-2007
Tribute vid to Boone, Shannon, and Charlie (as well as Shoone, PB&J, and Shayid) Purposefully a bit montage-y, fyi
Song: Say What You Will by Damhnait Doyle
Vidder: mistojen
Length: 4:04 (14.6MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/2142417b1c35e9/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IamyxpNxqI

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww!

Such an emotionally touching video. I liked how it included not just Charlie, but Shannon and Boone as their deaths were saddening as well.

I loved the song personally, never heard it before (I find myself saying that alot), but it fit so beautifully with the clips, both in sound, and in lyrics.

Very good job, Mistojen!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an emotional vid! *charging Jen for all the Kleenix* The moments that really got me were Charlie tearing up before he jumped into the water, Shannon crying over Boone (and smoothing back his hair *sob* ) and of course Sayid with Shannon's body...

Why they gotta keep killin' people on this show, eh???

Back on point, a really great and moving tribute to the fallen characters from each season!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooangeliceviloo wrote:
I loved the song personally, never heard it before (I find myself saying that alot), but it fit so beautifully with the clips, both in sound, and in lyrics.

heh...it was the song they played over JT's memorial video on an episode of Degrassi TNG I fell in LOVE with it.

Thanks for watching and reviewing I'm glad you liked it

Aislynn wrote:

Such an emotional vid! *charging Jen for all the Kleenix*

Yeah, like I'm not already broke enough

Quote:
Why they gotta keep killin' people on this show, eh???

Quote:
Back on point, a really great and moving tribute to the fallen characters from each season!

Hence, I'm done watching. Those are my three favorites and now they're all gone, so... *shrug* I figure this was a pretty good way to end my Lost vidding career and move on to something new, eh?

Thanks for watching (and the beta!), Ais. I love your feedback *Megatron!Hugs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for Christ sake that was depressing.

Those damn writers sure like to kill the youngest and more innocent people on this island do they?? while selfish murderers are allowed to live. Argh!!

But back to the vid, that was a great tribute to three amazing characters. And I don't know what you're talking about when you say it's montagy..., I thought there was a definite structure to it. Ending was beautiful. (And thanks for the dedication too.) Beautiful vid, Amazing tribute.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I depressed ya...but that song was begging to be vidded to Lost; I'd already done one with Boone and Shannon (mixed in with a few characters from Dead Like Me and Supernatural), but after Charlie, I had to re-vid it.

Thanks, Cin, for your compliments You're welcome for the dedication--no one better to dedicate it to than my two favorite Pacettes.

I tried to keep it structured so it wasn't straight out montage, but, I still felt like it was a smidge on that end of the spectrum, so I thought I'd warn

In any case, thanks for watching and reviewing *big, squishy hugs*
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say thank you for the...uh...thanks! Certainly not necessary since I didn't do too much here but I appreciate it. And, dude, there's just something about seeing your name in lights...

Thanks again! *hugs!*
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all good, Ais
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its soo awsome when someone puts Boone and Shannon in a vid, they were two very great characters and after they died it seems like most people just forgot about them. Very nice tribute. very sad. loved it Jen!!!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Trey Yeah, I feel like Shannon and Boone are totally neglected in the vidding world
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful tribute for them all .
I loved the way, right at the end, how you overlaid those shots of Claire and Charlie with the waves as the water came in - subtle but so gorgeous.
If this really is your last Lost video, then it's a superb one to end off with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Say What You Will by mistojen Reply with quote

Aw Jen, that was wonderful. Great work.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Say What You Will by mistojen Reply with quote

So sad!! Really great video, Jen!!! Nice to see Boone & Shannon again.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, Jen, that was so wonderful!! I really miss all three of them and this was such a great tribute to them!

Btw, did you change the colour or contrast settings? The colours are very strong, it looks really good!

Last edited by KajaM on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Beautiful tribute for them all .
I loved the way, right at the end, how you overlaid those shots of Claire and Charlie with the waves as the water came in - subtle but so gorgeous.
If this really is your last Lost video, then it's a superb one to end off with.

holy sh*t! Warren, you have NEVER commented on one of my vids! For the time being, yeah, this is my last Lost video, I think, because my heart just isn't in it anymore. Storylines aren't coming to me and now when I hear songs I think Sam and Dean Winchester, not so much Shannon Rutherford or Charlie Pace, which is how it used to go. You commenting is a HUGE compliment to me and one hell of a way to end my Lost vidding "career," so THANK you! *wibbles*

Uh, so yeah, that specific clip you're talking about is the FIRST thing I did on the timeline, because it was the first thing that came to my mind when I wanted to redo this song for just Losties. Thank you for the compliment on it, because, honestly, after I finished it, it didn't look the way on screen as it had in my head and I wasn't sure I liked just how subtle it ended up. I'm glad it worked Thanks for the comment

SuperKC wrote:
Aw Jen, that was wonderful. Great work.

Thanks, KC Glad you liked! While I'm at it, actually, because, honest to God I'm just really effing lazy...I told you already that I liked your latest Charlie vid, but my favorite thing about it was, like I saw a few people mention, the way that you incorporated the ongoing water theme in Charlie's life into it. Really poignant!

Uruviel wrote:
So sad!! Really great video, Jen!!! Nice to see Boone & Shannon again.

Thanks so much I miss Shannon and Boone SOOOO much, dude, and there just aren't enough vids with them included. I wanted to do this as JUST Charlie and Claire, but I couldn't; I had to put them in. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's nice to see them about from time to time Thanks for your comment, Heather!

KajaM wrote:
Aww, Jen, that was so wonderful!! I really miss all three of them and this was such a great tribute to them!

Btw, did you change the colour or contrast settings? The colours are very strong, it looks really good!

Well thank you! I secretly hope I really did make you cry, cuz that was my goal I know that's awful, but there you have it I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the comment, Karolina!

Uh, I upped the saturation levels and then brought up the contrast a little bit, yeah, because I really can't stand how murky the clips are once they come off the television and come onto the computer. They're just...ick. So, yeah, I tried to deepen them so the clips would look sharper. Thanks for noticing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: