Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x15 - Left Behind Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: 3x15 - Left Behind Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Character Centric:

Spoiler:

Kate

Episode Description:

Spoiler:

Kate and Juliet are stranded in the jungle after Kate learns that there is a traitor in the survivor's midst. Meanwhile, Sawyer's poor attitude and selfish ways towards the beach community may earn him a vote of banishment if he doesn't have a change of heart.

Guest List:

Spoiler:

Shawn Lathrop (federal agent), Bill Ogilvie (Man), Andrew Meader (Johnny), Fredric Lane (the Marshall), Beth Broderick (Diane), Kim Dickens (Cassidy)

Use spoiler tags until the episode has aired fully in North America. Thanks!

Discuss
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! It's
Spoiler:

the Marshall again! Yes, I have a soft spot for the Marshall, I don't know why... Darn the crummy footage that prevents me from making a decent Kate/Marshall shipper vid!

And I can't wait to see why
Spoiler:

Cassidy is in Kate's flashback!

And of course, there's the
Spoiler:

RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE with Freckles "the Brawler" Austin and Blondie "Stungun" Burke...

*crosses fingers that it's a good ep*
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yey a kate ep!!!!!! waited a looong time *well not that long!*
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope it's not the
Spoiler:

soap-opera catfight

that it looks like. Judging by some of those spoilers, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

sig by IslandofMystery
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay- Locke us SUCH a jerk*ff...really.

Kate getting into ass-kicking mode again was awesome, Juliet needed a good punch in the face.

Sawyer and Hurley- it was like the "night before christmas". Hilarity ensues.

Broke his heart??? What a load of bologna! How many chances did he have??? And also, I do think it was because he didnt want her to get hurt, honestly. They both "know" Jack in different ways.

Oh god Sayid just freaking rocks. I hope this Juliet thing isnt a trick; sorry but the chemistry between Juliet and Jack when they saw each other- was like the Sawyer and Kate cage scene- I really dont like Juliet, but I admit it.
Good episode.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Rocksiren on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really liked tonights episode! Juliet and Kate were awsom! Great to have the monster back! Sawyer and hurley stuff was very funny, especially the stuff al the end, Hurley was literlay making me laugh out loud. Loved how Sawyer is trying to catch suns eye whyle hes doing something nice, but she wont look at him. Loved the flashbacks too. Kate and Cassidy were great, the mom stuff was good too. Next week looks even better!
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was upset to find out it was a Kate episode and not a Sawyer episode, but dude it was worth it. Cassidy coming back was awesome. I love that girl. And dude, Kate convinced her to report Sawyer, how friggin cool is that? The rest of her flashbacks were kind of pointless. Just the same stuff we already knew. ( I couldnt help but hum "Love is Blind" during some of the flashback i.e. "I loved him and you blew him up" lol)

Sawyer was lovely. He was edgy but sweet. The true delimma of his character. He wants to be that guy, he just fails miserably most of the time.

Desmond looked so sad at the end, when Hurley walked up and gave him his food. I wanted to jump in the TV and give him a hug. I miss him being a staple in the episodes, I mean, seriously when is he gonna come back strong?

Also, I'm so tired of Sun being angry with Sawyer, they have such a cute chemistry, not lover chemistry, but just plain "they shine on screen together" kind of way. Plus, she gave Charlie a break, why can't she give a chance?

Kate and Juliet were so cool this episode. When they were fighting I was like "this is awesome!" cuz those two girls are badasses. I have to say though that I was hoping Juliet would beat Kate down. She wins too often. lol. Oh and the jealousy of Kate when Jack saw Juliet/asked about Juliet. That was great.

I was so happy about the comment that Sawyer was the leader.
Spoiler:

Too bad he doesnt get that title for long

. But it was about time Sawyer got recognized for his skills in leading. I think he really would make a good leader of the Losties. Plus, its a place of honor, I wish he would see it that way instead of "what if i dont want to be the leader?"

Also, I'm glad Sayid is going to come back strong and be awesome in the next few episodes. I love Sayid and I miss the badass in him.

As for next week,
Spoiler:

Jack and Sawyer see each other again...hmm...cant wait to see what happens. Plus, that Skate hug on the preview makes me want to squee. But Juliet getting chastised makes me sad. I really want her to be a Lostie dangit!

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like I'm repeating myself, (c&p will do that do you) cause LJ actually DID eat my brain:

I've been frustrated with Kate, but I felt she was better in this ep. The ONLY time I didn't enjoy her in this episode was probably when Jack asked about Juliet. The look on her face was just... weird. I mean, okay so it's supposed to imply jealousy or whatever, but it seemed odd.

I feel like they're really forcing the whole Juliet/Jack thing. And maybe it's because of the flatness of her. I know that a lot of people seem to like her for whatever reason, but I don't believe that it's the actress, only because they seemed to have Ben, after he was revealed as Ben and not Henry, have that same kind of flat way of speaking and emoting. But even BEN's loosened up now. Juliet hasn't. And I think part of it is probably because she's some kind of mole or something. I dunno. I mean, unless it really IS the actress and I'm just terrible at reading this show.

The best way I can explain it is... have you ever seen mulholland drive? Well the acting in there was, what some would call mediocre, but it was intentionally that way, all flat, all having the same kind of voice, because I think the idea of that is that it was the same person inside each character's head. (It was a dream. Or whatever, I don't know, ask David Lynch.) So someone could easily, EASILY, watch that film and go, "Every actor in here sucks." But the thing is that the lack of emotion is entirely intentional. Even if a character smiles or laughs or yells there's still an emptiness about it. And I think, or HOPE that's what they're doing with Juliet. Because I personally don't see what anyone sees in her other than a stone wall.

Regarding Jack, I feel like he's slowly sort of.. becoming like Juliet. When he's WITH her, he kind of acts like her in that flat sort of way. But it's only been since the scene where he saved her from execution or whatever. So maybe she ate his brain? I just don't think they have any chemistry.

I am on the jacket lj lol. I liked their dynamic at first but now I'm just, MEH about the whole thing.

And Ruth, regarding Jack having his heart broken, I know you keep saying that Jack had a berjillion chances, but he did tell Kate that he was glad she kissed him, in a roundabout kind of way. But I guess the early bird gets the worm, right? Just because Sawyer banged her first doesn't mean that Jack's not allowed to have feelings for Kate or be sad that she slept with Sawyer. That's not very logical. Is Jack not human? It's not like he didn't have other things on his mind.

And on a final note?

ConMama is canon!

Quick, someone think of a ship name for a Jack/Claire/Sawyer pairing! I am writing a fic! Yes pairing, not triangle.

Last edited by SuperKC on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

Quick, someone think of a ship name for a Jack/Claire/Sawyer pairing! I am writing a fic! Yes pairing, not triangle.

so your going for slash and incest at the same time... you never ceace to amaze me KC!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a problem with it?!?!?!??!

This is me pretending to have not forgotten about Jack and Claire being siblings.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
You got a problem with it?!?!?!??!

no not at all, im just joking with you. let me think though, how bout for a ship name... Jawyercita???
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee! I love it. I hope you saw my note up there about putting on. I totally forgot about the great Christian Shephard connection. I guess I'll have to stick with a triangle, Jack/Sawyer vs. Claire/Sawyer.

The title of the fic will be: Sibling Rivalry
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Hee! I love it. I hope you saw my note up there about putting on. I totally forgot about the great Christian Shephard connection. I guess I'll have to stick with a triangle, Jack/Sawyer vs. Claire/Sawyer.

The title of the fic will be: Sibling Rivalry

haha yeah i saw it after i posted. Love the title though!!!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: They should change the name of the show to "The Great Christian Shephard Connection"

He's probably Alvar Hanso and the entire thing was orchestrated to "bring him home" with his "family" (aka, everyone he's ever met.) Hence why he wasn't in his coffin when Jack found it. Why am I talking about this?

Since this is the episode thread, may I just say that Charlie was looking ABSOLUTELY fetching in this episode? Not enough screentime, that one!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I must say that I really enjoyed this episode, Kate ep's are always my favs. Hurley coning Sawyer was great! lol. Best part of the ep imo.
I missed the preview for the next ep tho, does anyone have a link yet?
SuperKC wrote:
Since this is the episode thread, may I just say that Charlie was looking ABSOLUTELY fetching in this episode? Not enough screentime, that one!

Man . . . you just can't leave it alone, can ya KC? *shakes head*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: