Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Something Different" by dayln03
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: "Something Different" by dayln03 Reply with quote

"Something Different" 02-10-2007
Jack and Juliet have felt alot of the same pain in their lives. Now that theyre on the island they have a chance for something different, something better, with each other.
Song: Different by Acceptance
Vidder: dayln03
Length: 3:29 (46.5MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXgNDxeVCyE
http://www.zshare.net/video/different_jacket_final-wmv.html
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of THE most brilliant openings I think I've ever seen! The comparisons were just spookily dead-on! Then we went into some great AU!

Spoiler:

Jacket baby! *squee!*

This rawked! Beautiful, beautiful job! I loved it!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i've like already gave you 2 comments about this but it rocks and yeah like ais said

Spoiler:

jacket baby

The beginning was awesome and how they have both been compared to leaders, how you did it its like a drama technique like i said on youtube. I use it alot for my drama pieces
But yeah that video rocked
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn - Thank you so so much! I was really hoping the opening would turn out the way I pictured. As soon as Juliet said that "im not a leader" line in the episode, a light bulb went on in my brain! And i couldn't turn it off!

charmed_charlie - It's okay, I love your comments! And thank you, again! I was hoping that the AU made sense, i don't really like doing it because it feels like i'll be the only one who understands it lol. But thank you!!

ohh p.s - here's the youtube link, youtube's bein kinda weird so it might not even work, but here it is --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXgNDxeVCyE

--KC's Wife! --
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

Just...if I wasn't already a Jacket fan, this would have DEFINITLEY converted me!

Amazing!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already commented over at CE

Quote:
Wow! That was awesome!

I've never been a Jacket fan but that was great!

I'd noticed how they were similar in someways, but I had no idea how much!
Especially at the the things that they were saying at the start! Almost identitical! Spooky!

Totally believable AU at the end too!

Nice job!

Great vid!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stardael
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! That was amazing! I never realized all those similarities. Especially the opening was just genius!

I've never been very fond of the Jacket ship, but even I was left with a smile on my face going "Awwww...". That was one cute piece of AU there. Really awesome work on this!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over at CE I wrote:
OMG Dayln! This is the best Jacket vid EVER!

The opening bit, was just.. SQUEEE!!! I can't believe they both said things like that!! I guess Juliet is really the female-version of Jack.

Very very very very very GOOD JOB!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacket!!!! Squeeee!!!

Brilliant comparisons! Jacket is meant to be!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just turned me into a Jacket shipper!! Go you!!

That video was awesome. The clips were perfect fot the dynamic of comparison/storytelling... I loved the
Spoiler:

baby

part!!! Very well done, it all looked so real and it made me smile. Great vid.

Excellent job. Keep stuff like that coming. Because it was friggen brilliant!!

A+++++ and 150 gold stars!!!

-Freckles
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's what I call an awesome vid!! It has everything a great vid needs: Some good beat use, good timing and editing, nice effects and, most important, a great story. I love how you compared Jack and Juliet! That was really wonderful! The AU story towards the end was really nice and

Spoiler:

Oooohhhhh! A Jacket baby!!! Squeeeee!!!

Only the file size could be smaller because 46MB is huuuuge
But I totally heart this vid!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was soooo amazing!! The ending was like the best thing!!! [/spoiler]
pumpkin_heart
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, dalyn, as usual after one of your vids I'm speechless. That is why I carefully wrote down what I thought during the vid (ha ha, I feel smart)

Anyways, the start was so cool, I never even realised how alike Jack and Juliet's backstories are. I loved how on the first chorus Juliet turned the light on (symbolism, lol) - OK well I accidentally on purpose just watched the rest of the vid. There goes my smart plan out the window.

That was so cute! I will never, ever ship Jacket but still - awww! The baby! You made it all look so real, Dalyn. Gah, I don't know what to say, apart from: flawless!!

http://pumpkin-heart.livejournal.com/

Sophie, 16, Irish, finally got her hands on Sony Vegas and now has to figure out how to work it... trial and error
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tought i will enjoy Jacket video...but in fact i really enjoyed this...the opening was awesome,the whole comparing and stuff was great...you prove once again that you're great vidder...keep going!
I'm really impressed!

btw you made me look at juliet a bit different but i still don't like her though....
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostaway - Oh thank yoU! The possibilty of converting someone is such a compliment! It makes me so happy to know that i could've persuaded someone with my video! thanks

LOSTOnAnIsland - THank you! I know, that's why i made the video, when juliet said that "im not a leader" line in NIP I was like wow, they're so alike, and i had to make the video! so thank you very much!!!

Stardael - Ahh thanks! I'm glad I left you smiling! That's EXACTLY what i wanted my au to do, because i'm not a fan at all of jacket truthfully ( ) but i just thought i'd be fun to do something really different! So i'm glad you liked it!

IntoTheVoid - OH yay! There's nothing i love more than making someone squee! Mission accomplished! Thank you so much

cylune - oh a real live jacket fan? lol well i'm definately glad you approve then! thanks so much!

FrecklesPhoenix - Oh my gosh! Thank you, i think this is one of the nicest comments i've ever gotten! I turned another one into a jacket shipper..wow! I'm so glad! I'm so relieved the baby part turned out okay, because i was like mmm maybe that's TOO out there! But i'm so glad you liked it! Thanks!

KajaM - Thank you so much! I admire your videos like no other, so whenever i see a comment from someone like you I just gotta squee back! THANK YOU! It means alot to me! I'm so glad ppl are liking the baby, because i have this thing w/ AU where i get so paranoid that i'm the only person who will get what's goin on! lol, but i'm glad you liked it!
Oh and sorry about the file size -- Im not exactly sure how to change it because when i make my videos, my vegas doesn't exactly work the best. When i try to render things on it, i cant' save the whole movie at once, so i save it in like little chunks, and then i take those pieces and then save the whole thing on WMM. I just save it w/e size it's at, idk how to change it. But i promise i'll try next time!

PrincessSparkle - aww thank you so much!

pumpkin_heart - Aww it means so much to me that you went through the agony of watching a jacket vid! thanks hun! It was a smart idea to write the comment while you're watching the video -- always thinkin one step ahead of the crowd! lol
I'm so glad the similarities worked, i didn't want them to be like too overdone..with juliet turning the light on and the whole symbolism! i'm glad you noticed and liked it though!
Don't worry, I'll never stray from Jate again, it was a one time, trying something different thing. I won't be turned into a jacket shipper!

Borislava - Wow, i got a jater like YOU to enjoy my jacket vid! Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it! Very glad! -- I know, i dont' think i'll ever truly trust juliet, i still think she's up to no good. However her flashback made me look at her a little different and thats like 90% of the reason i made the video was because i wanted ppl to see her in a different light. so i'm soo glad you thought that!

--KC's Wife! --
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: