Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.09 - "What Kate Did" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... Ana killing Shannon WAS an accident
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get on the whole killer boat seems like a lot of the survivors killed some one or some thing. Walt killed the bird or so it seemed. Jack killed Shannon's dad by deciding not to work on intubating him.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention he had to smother the Marshall after Sawyer shot him in the lung
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah that too! I don't remember that in the Hippocratic oath. First do no harm. Unless Sawyer screws up delivering a coup de grace then do whatever you can to off the bugger!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hobbes- if I am not allowed to CRITICIZE Locke- you arent allowed to elevate him on some pedistool at every chance either! Or if you want, I can actually start speaking my mind again!

Also- at least all of the others (save Kate) showed remorse- I have never seen anyone more apathetic than Locke was. THAT I cannot forget or forgive.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I love the tension between Rocksiren and Hobbes it's almost as good as the show
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Thanks PB! Hobbes actually reminds me of one of my best friends, John. He feels the same way about Locke- so we just dont talk about it, lol.

lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Also- at least all of the others (save Kate) showed remorse- I have never seen anyone more apathetic than Locke was. THAT I cannot forget or forgive.

I'm not going to rehash this conversation again but in terms of Kate I wouldn't have been remorseful either. Her biological dad was just about as scum of the earth as you can get. I don't condone (sp?) murder but if any murder committed by a survivor was justified it's a damn close tie between Kate and Ana. They both had the most right to act out there anger that way and have little to no remorse for that but I agree with RS LOcke's lack of remorse is unforgiveable. With that said I love Eko so much more then I ever did or probably ever will Locke (however Terry O'Quinn kicks some serious acting butt).

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Quinn's acting is really good. I just saw "Silver Bullet" which I actually think is from '85- he plays the sheriff that gets taken out like immediately. He always has that stoic confidence which is cool.

Thank you LC.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL fine, no constant pedestal or criticizing
But why don't you two see any remorse from Locke? the guy was in tears. Granted, you could argue that that wasn't about Boone, but you can't determine that exactly, can you? As I said before, everything can be seen different ways on this. When I see that, I think that Locke was completely destroyed whern the plane fell, because it compltely destroyed everythign he had hoped for, killed his friend, and still left him with nothing at all. When he was crying I suspect it was a mix of everything washing up. He did carry Boone all the way back to the caves, despite the pain in his legs, didn't he? If he thought Boone didn't have a hope, he could have left him there.
I also doubt Locke feels like Boones' death was his fault. If anything, it'd be that he foresaw that Boone would die from this, but he didn't do anything about it, because it was what's supposed to happen and he can't change fate. Yet he DID tell Boone to get out of the plane when it was about to fall, didn't he?
He never commited murder in this, no matter how you look at it though. At least not First Degree. The worst could be manslaughter disregarding Boone's safety in order to open the hatch. Yet he seems to have the title here among all the Locke-haters as the worst murderer on the show There are THREE already on the island (four if you cound Jack's smothering ...) yet they get the forgiveness. And Locke gets involved in a very debatable scene where Boone dies and he's the ultimate evil? That doesn't seem very fair at all.

It seems like the Locke fans are pretty-much neutral on the subject, sicne we'd love him whether he's evil or not, but the Locke-haters are adament that Locke killed Boone, or at least didn't feel sorry for him dying. There's a lot to interpret to get any one answer, so all I want is for you two to admit that that's just what YOU see in those scenes A simple clause of "IMO" or "I think" is all I ask for

Who's this "John" you speak of? I'd like to meet such a genious guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can deduce that he was crying for himself by his actions and his words. He wasn't crying over Boone's lifeless body, but the hatch's opening. He wasn't screaming, "why did you do this to my friend?" He said, "Why are you doing this to me? I've done everything you asked me to do." (paraphrasing here) Implying that he is upset that all the work that he's done TO GET THE HATCH OPEN has been for naught. And not over the departure of his dead giunea pig (ie, Boone).

Are we talking about this again?
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know- Hobbes brought it up! LOL!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about that KC, but he could have also been saying it in relation to why the island took Boone from him after all he'd done. I doubt he thought of Boone as a friend or someone he knew personally enough to care deeply that he was gone, but it seemed to me that he thought of Boone as a potential apprentice and a good kid.
So he could have been more of a "why did you take him away from me?", a more selfish way of putting it, but still remorse for the loss of Boone. Think of it like an army sergeant who lost his platoon "Why did you take them away from me?!". Boone probably wasn't anything more than a recruit in Locke's eyes, but I still think he was devastated that he had gotten killed, especially when it was for nothing.

Quote:

Are we talking about this again?

Sorry . I don't know if we are or not, but it's obvious that it's still an unresolved issue over here
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it will ever be resolved. Put it on the shelf with the shipper debates.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine. Resolved that it's unresolvable and there's no straight answer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: