Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congrats to LOST, Matt and Naveen on your GG-noms!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hearts Aislynn right back*

If Mr. Eko wasn't already my boyfriend, Ais, I might just have started an "Ethan is my boyfriend" thread. Swoon.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
If Mr. Eko wasn't already my boyfriend, Ais, I might just have started an "Ethan is my boyfriend" thread. Swoon.

*points at quote*

See? KC is one cool cat!

Hm, we might could start a "Ethan is my secondary and slightly evil boyfriend" thread and co-opt him between us? Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for you; Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for me? Or the other way around, of course. Then give him Sunday to recover?

~Aislynn

And naturally, Sawyer is MY number one boyfriend. But I doubt I had to tell anybody that, huh?
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... will LOST win tonight? And Matt, oh, Matt... I really hope he wins that Globe, he deserves it. And Naveen - I hope he wins too, he does an amazing job and I really respect him as a person, it would be great if he won. Buuuuut... something tells me that Sutherland guy from CiC is gonna bring it home.
And I really hope that Desperate Housewives go home with NOTHING, NADA! It would make me soooo happy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually HATE awards shows. So if they dont win, y'all know its electing senior class president- its just a popularity contest.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy, I forgot they were on tonight. Not sure if I'll watch. Haven't you guys seen the documentary on how the golden globes really is a big ole hoax? It's the "foreign press association" with like, a handful of members or something. But see this is no news to me, I find that most awards shows are arbitrary at best. Especially the "people's choice" awards. Please! People's choice my patookie!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is when you try to narrow stuff down in vidding to the "best", it's far too mcuh just popularity and personal preference. And now you're narrowing huge films and determining the best? Nah, I don't think you can trust those results very muich. Still, if Lost wins, I'll be cheering Someone said to me today "nobody ever uses statistics unless they're in their favor".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good surveyist would declaire the GGs null and void. I hear they have something like 45 members or something and their qualifications are questionable at best. That would be like us calling ourselves the "Vidders Foreign People-of-much-Importance Association" and handing out awards to hollywood types. (We're multi-national, aren't we?) We could call them the Silver Psuedo Awards. There are technically more than 45 registered board members, but we'd probably be hard pressed to scrounge up 45 of us who would participate in the voting. Let's do it!

Despite everyone knowing that it's a load of garbage, they continuously make a huge deal out of it every year. I'll never understand.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, got to make a big deal about something!
Like Y2K...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite my complaining, I actually watched the globes tonight. I normally don't though, but I do discuss them with my award-show-addict friend Bradley. Which is another reason why I have such strong opinions on them all. I have to hear about every little award show detail. Ack. I need to discredit that which bores the snot out of me.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Lost win best drama?
Oh and Matthew Fox may not have won, but he couldn't have lost to a more deserving actor love that show...
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it did See my siggy for proof
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Congrats to LOST for winning inDrama and congrats to Steve Carell becuase I'm a fan of his. Even though everyone here hates him and thinks he just copies Ricky Gervais all the time.

LOL When they won my mom's friend calledto ask if we were watching... and then they asked who's that guy when Damon came on. First time I've actually cursed at my mom.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:

LOL When they won my mom's friend calledto ask if we were watching... and then they asked who's that guy when Damon came on. First time I've actually cursed at my mom.

LOL oh man that is so typical "mom"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: