Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x10 - Something Nice Back Home Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, gosh I've missed a bit on this topic lol.
I know what you mean about ship beating it's all over DarkUFO because there's a rumour

Spoiler:

kinda skate rumour on there, that JH and EL have been filming in LA

And there's all this oh that's just some jealous
Spoiler:

skater

after the new episode and everything and it's like WTF??

But yeah I gotta agree with your post totally true. Sometimes though when people start bashing ships it just makes you think as much as you love the one ship why does it have to be taken to some of the extremes that it does when it's a tv show (a much loved one) but the whole Ship/Character bashing there's just no need for it.

Anyways a couple of notes I forgot to add to my other post

-Awww the Sun/Jin convo over Dan liking Charlotte tehe. That made me smile.
-OMG Charlotte can speak Korean
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Knowing that, it makes it okay to hate on them once in a while - so long as it's tentative, temporary hate. You don't want to look like a moron when they're suddenly awesome in the series finale, do you?!

I feel like maybe you were hinting about Locke... and if you were, I agree, lol. Re watching season one restored my faith in him!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... okay one more post... when Sun and Jin were speaking Korean I totally called it in my head... I was like, "I bet one of them can understand them... awkward if it's Charlotte cause they were talking about Dan liking her!"

I SWEAR... I really did

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap... okay one more thing i'm sorry.

So reading back through this, alot of people are stating that Kate's character basically got butchered, a big part of that having to do with her being "Domesticated" and whatnot...

BUT in Eggtown, she was still all 'motherly' and she wasn't running, so she was basically the exact same character, except now JACK is in the picture, and everyone is going off on tangents, when I don't recall anyone talking about how her character was destroyed in Eggtown.

I could be mistaken though... and I am far too lazy to go back and check the posts...

And now it is REALLY four thirty in the morning ere and I REALLY do have to work tomorrow... so I REALLY am going to go to bed...

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So reading back through this, alot of people are stating that Kate's character basically got butchered, a big part of that having to do with her being "Domesticated" and whatnot...

While watching the episode i thought smth like that... i thought that the housewife kate didn't make much sense, but now that i think about it... what would she do?? The only things she ever did, her entire life were: blow up houses, run, rob banks, run and being a housewife (when she got married with that guy....). So, the only thing she can do now is the last one
And that is exactly what she was doing (apparently) before Jack moved in (except for the wife thing, but you know what i mean...)

Oh, and i LOVED the episode, I think the Jack/Hurley scene was the best one! it really freaked me out!

_bel_
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is completely random but does anyone else think that Kate's barron? She seemed pretty sure that she wasn't pregnant, and we know she hasn't been pregnant. Just a thought....
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing around with that idea for quite a while actually. She wasn't pregnant when she though she might be with Kevin...then on an island where the sperm count is like times 5! So...yeah. I've thought about it for a while. Yay for someone mentioning it!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, so I'm not the only one who's been thinking that! I think it might be likely because of what you said about the sperm count, and so it'd probably be alot more likely for her to get pregnant. So it would make sense....
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Jemma, I hadn't thought of that. That would make a lot of sense though! Otherwise, why would she be so sure that she wasn't pregnant?

icon by becca
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool idea but I don't think she knew about it on the island cause it seemed like she really wasn't sure until no symptoms started. Off the island though she is very protective of Aaron though maybe this is why. Cool theory!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belxf wrote:
Quote:

While watching the episode i thought smth like that... i thought that the housewife kate didn't make much sense, but now that i think about it... what would she do?? The only things she ever did, her entire life were: blow up houses, run, rob banks, run and being a housewife (when she got married with that guy....). So, the only thing she can do now is the last one
And that is exactly what she was doing (apparently) before Jack moved in (except for the wife thing, but you know what i mean...)

Oh, and i LOVED the episode, I think the Jack/Hurley scene was the best one! it really freaked me out!

I think her choosing to stay home with Aaron shows maturity on Kate's part b/c she wants him to have the best life. I don't know why so many people are harping on Kate for being a housewife. Like its so awful..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, I think it's great that Aaron is Kate's number one priority and that she's not repeating her mothers mistake in choosing a man over her child. That's not my problem, I think she acted very mature in that last scene with Jack.

I only have problems with the way they let her off the hook so easily. I already said after Eggtown that I the trial was IMO completely unrealistic and it seemed to me that they wanted to erase Kate's whole fugitive backstory with that episode. And that's the part that I don't like - if they always wanted her to be more of a mother figure they shouldn't have given her that backstory. In the first seasons other characters always used to point out how dangerous and manipulative she is and how she has "murder in her heart". And now all of that is gone and we haven't seen her take responsibility for her actions at all.

Icon by ack attack
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:

I think her choosing to stay home with Aaron shows maturity on Kate's part b/c she wants him to have the best life. I don't know why so many people are harping on Kate for being a housewife. Like its so awful..

I don't think it's awful at all! And I wasn't harping on Kate, I just said I that thought, at first, that it didn't make a lot of sense for her character, because of what Joon said, but i think it does make some sense after all... Since she is not a fugitive anymore...and it really shows she's more mature, cause she didn't make the same mistakes that her mom made...
Am I making sense?

_bel_
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like Kate as the caring housewife in the real world I mean she has no reason to be an outlaw with nothing hanging over her head. But I agree with you Joon she got off way too easily. Can't help but think if it was Sawyer he wouldn't have got off so easily because he's a con man by trade. Why was the case relying on her mother's testimony with all the bad things she's done apart from killing her father?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont know what Kate was like before she commited her murder. We've never seen what her life was like before then, so we dont know if she was like how she was in 4x10 before she became a "murderer".

And actually, when she was with Kevin she was kind of like how she was in 4x10 with Jack, so it's not really a random character change.

As for her not paying for her crimes and stuff, well would you rather her off island scenes were all her sitting alone in a cell? Cos i'd be pissed if she was in jail tbh. It would be so boring.

I'm not even worried about the Sawyer thing - hey - if she made a promise, she made a promise. But she loves Jack, she always has.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: