Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x10 - Something Nice Back Home Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I wasn't trying to convert you....or was I? Nah, it was just an example. I mean, it seriously is nice to have a show that doesn't revolve around ships like that! What you say actually makes a lot of sense though. I have noticed that about ABC, and you're probably right. It's still kind of annoying though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
hehe I wasn't trying to convert you....or was I? Nah, it was just an example. I mean, it seriously is nice to have a show that doesn't revolve around ships like that! What you say actually makes a lot of sense though. I have noticed that about ABC, and you're probably right. It's still kind of annoying though.

It is nice, but every show has its vices. 24 is extremly unshippy, but they kill off characters like their going out of style. (and last season was just plain bad) Prison Break, their milking that like its a cow carrying holy water or something. I mean there making season 4 The Office is getting a little too outragious, BSG... well that shows perfect for the time being. Greek is good but its not great, allot of shows also tend to lose their edge after the first few seasons. Im just glad Lost has regained that edge even though its obviously not the same show it was when it started.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say sorry to the Jaters for my earlier comment where I called Jack, Kate and Jate icky, lol. I know it was kind of out of line and I'm sorry. I don't like the characters or the ship, but I know it sucks to have your favorite character and ship bashed.

For the record...I don't think I'm a Skater OR a Jater anymore. Kinda sad...I still prefer Skate to Jate, but I don't really love either.

Can we talk about something besides the Jate/Skate thing? What do you guys think about Claire seeing Christian?? What theories do we have??

art by me&tammy
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:

Can we talk about something besides the Jate/Skate thing? What do you guys think about Claire seeing Christian?? What theories do we have??

PLEASE!

I thought it was cool how she said "Dad" Im thinking she will be with jacob or someone. Im thinking Jack will find out about Claire being his lil sis very soon!

oh also its weird for some reason i thought Christian had said more than one word in the episode. He only said Jack. Oh well, maybe hes in the finally!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping she finds out Jack is her brother! How cool would that be?

I said earlier I think Christian and Charlie are both dead, but also working for Jacob as ghosts or something.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg wowowowow. Dude, I LIKED this eppy! It was great! The Hurley scene I almost died! No, infact I cried Srsly! It was amazing! And do you know why? Because it touched on some of the stuff that really bothered me! Plus, it was sorta creepy "Charlie visits me, and we sit on that bench out there.." Wow! Yay, Charlie keeps in contact with Hurley! Maybe we'll see him again! And the message, I was just sat there pointing at the screen going "THANK YOU!!" Because it was just what I wanted to happen! "You're not supposed to be raising him." Exactly! They shouldn't be raising Aaron! So I adored that part! Loved it. And I really loved Jate's argument at the end where Jack was like "He's not your son, you're not even related to him!" Quite right too! I don't know why they didn't mention Claire at all though, you think they would have...

So those parts were the best. The good thing about is that they recognised these things, and they realised they were wrong. So hopefully there willl be a solution and perhaps Jack will even get a visit from Charlie! I have my hopes up I know, I'm prepared for disappointment.

I also liked the parts with Claire and Sawyer when Keamy came..though the promo made it look ALOT more intense then it really was And I liked how Miles saw that he was acting like a big brother to her. When she saw Christian, that was great too! I know there was some talk that Christian and Charlie are working for Jacob but there is a rumour
Spoiler:

that Jacob is Christian

so I don't know about that...I don't like the idea of Charlie working for anybody but if it brings him back, I'll be for it. Can't wait to see the next ep!

Oh, and I also liked the scenes with Sun, Jin, Charlotte and Dan. "Does she know he likes her?" Haha, too cute. I thought Jin threatening to break Dan's fingers was a bit much But I guess he was bluffing...

About the Jate, I couldn't care much for it but as for the arguments, this is what the triangle does. I thought that the Jate in the FF finally meant they had ended this conflict! But then they had that argument about Sawyer and I was like I guess since out of Darlton, one of them is a skater and the other is a jater so that's why they have lots of screentime which probably means they arent ending this any time soon... But who knows...

So yeah, I liked this episode! At first I was a little pissed when I saw Jack reading to Aaron and Kate watching because they have Charlie and Claire's life (as someone said on the fuse) but it doesn't bother me so much now because they've realised that they shouldn't have him in the first place so hopefully something will be done about that...

ETA: Oh yeah, and Claire's seeing things? Charlieeeeeee?

Last edited by Jemmz on Sat May 03, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Jemma, I'm kinda surprised (but glad!) you liked this eppy! I did the same thing as you when Hurley gave Jack that message. I'm really glad Charlie still visits Hurley...it's nice of him, lol. I thought the Claire/Christian stuff was good as well as the Dan/Charlotte scenes. (Charladay! Squee!)

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here! I'm actually quite excited about it now =D I don't know what happened to me during that Hurley/Jack scene. I just clasped my hand over my mouth and started crying Kinda like in the first episode of S4 But I didn't mind, I loved that scene! <3333 I was like "Finally!"

This has kinda given me an idea for a fic challenge on LJ *hmm*
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've gathered of reading the posts that came after mine... apparently I have no right to express my annoyance with the writers. Do people get mad at critics who write reviews for books and movies? No. But expressing disappointment with the writers of LOST is bad. Did I miss something? I didn't point fingers at Jaters. I said I didn't like a character and that I didn't like the way the writers have written the last few episodes. I didn't target any fellow LOST-lovers, because I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Sorry if I offended Jack/Jate fans. I was just expressing my opinion.

But I guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's KC when we need her? Who's going to say "Forget Jate and Skate! What about Jawyer! Look at that reaction from Jack when Kate mentioned Sawyer! He's TOTALLY just angsty over his longing for Sawyer."

I kinda like when there are arguments in here. Good points are always brought up. Just don't get carried away. This is Lost, after all. God knows that nothing on this show is for certain. Jate and Skate are probably still totally up in the air, and probably will be until the series finale.
What I like to keep in mind is that it's pretty likely that, however this turns out, those three will end up with some happy relationship - be it Jate, Skate, Conmama, Jawyer , or whatever. Unless one of them dies, that is (but it would be an EPIC death, where they'd go out as a total HERO, so it's okay).
Knowing that, it makes it okay to hate on them once in a while - so long as it's tentative, temporary hate. You don't want to look like a moron when they're suddenly awesome in the series finale, do you?!

I don't have much more to say on this ep, except:
Lost has got like... twice as good since it started using flashforwards. Never before did I actually look forward to those long, drawn out "fwoooooooooooOOOOOOOOP" sound effects that trigger a FB/FF. heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Jate hook up proper in the series finale I'm done with the show I tell you done with the show! Of course I will be done with the show anyways cause it's the series finale.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth (and not that I want to start the whole debate going again but I haven't been online until later today because I've been sick *looks pitiful* ), I can tell all of the Jaters right now who are feeling so bewildered and attacked, that this is exactly how it felt to be a Skater in s3.

It really did hurt my feelings at how we were just NOT allowed to be happy over our (temporary) win. It's not that you expect the opposing shippers to be all "Oh wow, congrats! We're so thrilled for you!" but you just don't expect to read outright hate towards your ship or the characters! So honestly, it really did feel exactly like this. I'm sure Skaters right now are thinking, hey, I'm being TOTALLY civil here just like the Jaters thought that way back when. But the bottom line is it hurts when your "team" loses and there's just no way around that feeling. And so somebody else's happiness feels like they're rubbing your nose in your loss and somebody else's dislike of the winner feels like they're personally attacking you. So we just all need to keep that in mind while we're talking, just so hopefully there won't be anymore hurt feelings than there is already going to be anyway.

Now, all that said, everybody is more than allowed to have their own opinion and to be happy or sad over whatever the events are going on and, like Warren said, debate can bring up some great points! So definitely don't stop voicing your opinions, whatever they are! We just all need to remember at the end of the day that we're all Lost fans. So no matter which side of the debate you're on, (or whether you're on the side that thinks Jate AND Skate have ruined the show ) just remember that it's not anything personal towards you if somebody doesn't like your ship or character, it's just their opinion.

*gives everybody cookies and hugs* ♥♥♥!!!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that you're not feeling well, Aislynn. *gives Ais a basket of freshly baked, Sawyer-shaped cookies*

I couldn't have said it better, Ais! You're incredibly right. The Jaters were just as bad as some Skaters are being now, towards the characters, the ship, and the writers. They found it utterly disgusting and wrong and out of character for them to sleep together in "I Do", just like people are finding Jate wrong and out of character and disgusting this episode. Personally, I don't think it was any of those things (for either ship!). lol But I should just try to stay out of things, it's better that way. People are totally entitled to their opinions, but using so many negative words (for BOTH sides, both Jate and Skate or any ship really) probably isn't a good idea, is all.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're soo right, Aislynn. Ship/character bashing of any kind is not ok and just makes people upset. I think if somebody doesn't like something, they shouldn't personally attack someone who does. (No one on here has gone to that extreme, thank God, but I've seen it happen.) Let's remember we all love each other on here, okay? ^_^

art by me&tammy
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY. Clearly I LOVED this episode.

Holy shit... can I say we finally now have more than ONE jate kiss to work with!? Hip hip hooray!

I loved the whole happy thing together, but I knew by the end there would be some crazy showdown where someone would fuck something up. It's to be expected that your ship (skate, jate, pb & j, whatever) will be happy for one episode and then inevitably conflict will rise again. It's just the way writing TV works I suppose. Still loved it though!

LOVING Sawyer so much... he is so freaking cute! Totally protective... i'm loving it.

Christian Shepherd... loving him too! Although he did look like a bit of a creepo when he was holding Aaron, lol.

I agree Kate is seeing Cass and Clem for Sawyer too...

Lastly...

I know i'm happy because of the Jate in this episode, but everyone... it's okay. I don't think things are ever wrong or 'out of character' with any ship. They are who they are because the writers make them that way. I know I was upset in the beginning of the season when it was all Skate, but I think when people go on writing paragraphs about how it was "out of character" or how the writers were just "throwing the ship an episode" it's a little unnecessary.
I think everything the writers write is essential to the storyline- the skate, the jate, and the jacket. I don't think the writers "throw" big random plot points out there (such as Kate and Jack eventually living together) just to make the general ship audience happy. Sure, maybe a little thing, like Tom being gay, but as far as the big stuff goes- I think it's all relevant to the story they're telling, and that nothing is really out of character, because the writers are writing them that way... also this is quite a bit into the future, and things can change.

I don't know if any of that made sense... but all in all, I'm very pleased with the Jate of this episode, and to those that weren't, my heart goes out to you- no seriously, it really does, cause i've been frustrated by my ship getting shunned countless times, so I totally know what you feel like!

Yeah... oh yeah, way pissed Danielle is dead too! Ugh....

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: