Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (books & TV show)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shadow baby looked sick!

Finally Daenarys will have something to do this season. It was nice to touch base with so many characters although I missed Jon. The opening scene was really cool. The comical chat between the two Lannister guards was refreshing and Grey Wind and Robb's introduction was bad ass.

I would have thought Roose Bolton would have actually had more of a northern accent but he does give me chills and is excellently cast apart from that.

Tyrion is a major player this season and I love it. Lancel is such a little bitch and got pwned by Tyrion

It was cool to get some context for what Littlefinger was talking about regarding sadists who want what other people don't. Joffrey obviously fits into that category. I thought he couldn't get any worse!

We finally got some backstory between Stannis and Davos although I would have liked to see his stumpy hand lol

Tywin and Arya's meeting does not happen in the books so it's really interesting to see what happens there. Also that girl Robb met is a complete mystery to me although she was reported to be:
Spoiler:

Jeyne Westerling

The rat box torture thing was disgusting. I can't remember if it was in the books or not. Finally Arya's prayer comes into play. I loved that in the books although would have liked some more vengeance in Aryas words. Maybe that will come though..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scene with Joffrey and the whores really grossed me out. It was probably the most horrible scene of the show so far and uncalled for, imo. We already knew that Joffrey was a evil little bastard so why take it so awfully far? I didn't like that at all.
I want him to die a slow and painful death really soon... just imagine what someone like him would be like as an adult
(Oh, by the way, I kept thinking that he probably had no idea what else to do with the two women... I think of him as being fairly asexual )

I loved the introduction of Harrenhal... the place looks creepy as hell! And yes, the scene with the two Lannister guards and Robb & Grey Wind was pretty good!

Yay, I'm glad Dany finally gets some more action apart from the usual walking through the desert and dying of thirst and hunger I just read the part of the second book where

Spoiler:

Dany meets the Undying
That's a great part. I'm looking forward to see what it'll look like on the show. I hope they make it visually stunning *fingers crossed*

No, the rat box torture wasn't in the book. There was a lot of beheading and hanging, but not that thing with rats. It was pretty gross I'm so looking forward to Arya & Jaqen next week!
By the way, do we find out in book two or three who Jaqen really is? I've just read that part

Spoiler:

where he changes back to his real (?) looks. That was such a surprise!

Quote:
We finally got some backstory between Stannis and Davos although I would have liked to see his stumpy hand lol

I like Davos's storyline in the book a lot. It's too bad though that it's only a minor storyline compared to the others. I'm surprised though that

Spoiler:

Renly is still alive... because he was the "shadow's" first victim in the book and not that Lord who was taking care of Storm's End in Renly's place.

The storyline with Littlefinger visiting Renly's camp was different from the book as well. I almost felt sorry for him when he was reject by Cat once again.... well, ALMOST. She was right though: He did betray Ned and I'm sure he wasn't too sad when Ned was killed, was he?

Quote:
Tyrion is a major player this season and I love it. Lancel is such a little bitch and got pwned by Tyrion

Well, that's a thing I really don't understand: Cersei was sleeping with Jaime all those years and I believe that she truly loves him.... why would she then sleep with such smoothie like Lancel? He's such a "stripling" (if I may use Hoster Tully's words ), especially when compared to Jaime, and doesn't even bear resemblance to him. She could sure do better than that.... well, she seems to have a liking in pretty Lannister boys though, that's for sure

Oh, one more thing concerning book two/season two:

Spoiler:

Theon invaded Winterfell!!!!!
I was SO shocked about this and, to be quite honest, I didn't really believe this would happen. Wow, talk about evil twist in the story, huh? Now the prophecy about "the sea that is coming to Winterfell" is making perfect sense.
This is gonna be VERY interesting, especially Robb's reaction to his "brother" invading his home. I don't want Theon to kill Bran & Rickon though

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

Yay, I'm glad Dany finally gets some more action apart from the usual walking through the desert and dying of thirst and hunger I just read the part of the second book where

Spoiler:

Dany meets the Undying
That's a great part. I'm looking forward to see what it'll look like on the show. I hope they make it visually stunning *fingers crossed*

Spoiler:

Definetly! That's one of my favourite parts of the whole series. Can't wait

KajaM wrote:
By the way, do we find out in book two or three who Jaqen really is? I've just read that part

Spoiler:

where he changes back to his real (?) looks. That was such a surprise!

Spoiler:

No.. I don't think so. He's still a Bravossi guy as far as I remember, but he can change his appearance. That was really interesting in the books. It could look really cheesy in the show though so hopefully they can pull it off.

KajaM wrote:
I'm surprised though that

Spoiler:

Renly is still alive... because he was the "shadow's" first victim in the book and not that Lord who was taking care of Storm's End in Renly's place.

Spoiler:

I'm sure that he will be killed next week. I think they just wanted the birthing scene as a real WTF cliffhanger.

KajaM wrote:
Well, that's a thing I really don't understand: Cersei was sleeping with Jaime all those years and I believe that she truly loves him.... why would she then sleep with such smoothie like Lancel? He's such a "stripling" (if I may use Hoster Tully's words ), especially when compared to Jaime, and doesn't even bear resemblance to him. She could sure do better than that.... well, she seems to have a liking in pretty Lannister boys though, that's for sure

LOL If Cersei is attracted to siblings.. can we really try and understand her perversions too much? He does look nothing like Jaime though, and he's meant to look like him from the books, but I guess they wanted to make him a bit of a stripling as you put it lol I love the language from the books.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeeksss!!

Spoiler:

Sansa has just "bled" for the first time! God, the poor thing! She even tried to set her bed on fire in her despair to hide it from the Lannisters. It looks like she'll really have to marry that creepy, evil little bastard now, right?

By the way, Paul, which part are you currently reading?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started the fifth book: A Dance with Dragons which is the latest one. Wish Julia was here because I have a question for her about the fourth book.

I enjoy your updates as you're reading Helps to refresh my memory.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just started the fifth book: A Dance with Dragons which is the latest one. Wish Julia was here because I have a question for her about the fourth book.

Why don't you PM her? I think she's a bit busy at the moment, but I'm sure she'd reply to your question quickly.

I'm almost done with the second book.

Spoiler:

Martin almost had me believing for a moment that Theon had actually killed Bran & Rickon

I couldn't really believe it though because he surely would've let the reader be "present" at such a major event. It was only through the words and reports of others that we found out they were "dead". I didn't really buy.
It doesn't change anything about the fact though that I hate Theon more and more. I can see his conflicted feelings, yet I cannot help it: It makes me rather happy that he is haunted by these horrible dreams.
Speaking of which: These dreams are really creepy!! I hope they'll have them on the show, too... especially the one with Winterfell's hall being full of all those dead people and then Robb & Grey Wind marching in to take revenge on Theon. That would surely looking amazing!

I also really liked the scene with Catelyn confronting Jaime in the dungeon cell. It was easily one of my favourite moments of the second book!

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Spoiler:

Martin almost had me believing for a moment that Theon had actually killed Bran & Rickon

I couldn't really believe it though because he surely would've let the reader be "present" at such a major event. It was only through the words and reports of others that we found out they were "dead". I didn't really buy.
It doesn't change anything about the fact though that I hate Theon more and more. I can see his conflicted feelings, yet I cannot help it: It makes me rather happy that he is haunted by these horrible dreams.
Speaking of which: These dreams are really creepy!! I hope they'll have them on the show, too... especially the one with Winterfell's hall being full of all those dead people and then Robb & Grey Wind marching in to take revenge on Theon. That would surely looking amazing!

I also really liked the scene with Catelyn confronting Jaime in the dungeon cell. It was easily one of my favourite moments of the second book!

Spoiler:

He totally had me buying into Bran and Rickon dying.. I was losing my s**t over that I've never liked Theon as he was so smarmy and up himself but he took it to a whole new level when he invaded Winterfell. He's still a pretty fascinating character but he's definetly one you love to hate.

The latest episode seemed to be jumping all over the place. I really wish they had more episodes to work with It was still really fun and engaging but it must be really confusing for people who haven't read the books. Even George Martin says they should do more episodes but it must be a HBO thing.

Awesome to see Brienne in action. She's pretty kickass. Really excited for all the Qarth stuff that's to come, should be fun

Bronn and Doloreus Edd are hilarious. I love them too much.

Very much excited to see what's to come after this episode so bring it on!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the whole episode yet, so I'll post some questions I have concerning the book instead (btw, I'm finished with the second book ):

Spoiler:

- So what exactly IS Bran?? Now that he has opened his "third eye" he seems to be able to see things with Summer's eyes for hours and days. He is not some kind of shapeshifter though, right? I mean, he can only do this with his mind, his body meanwhile is in a state of sleep, right?

- What was this whole thing with "Renly's ghost" all about during the battle at King's Landing between Stannis and the Lannisters? Some people seem to have claimed that Renly or Renly's ghost was riding with the Tyrells when they attacked Stannins's army. That was just some nonesense though, right? Renly IS dead, after all.

- Is the Hound in love with Sansa??? That last moment between the two where he waits for her in her bedchamber, being totally drunk and waiting for her to sing him a song before he flees from the city made me believe that he really could be in love with her. Oh, and it was a great moment, too. I love that guy.... even when he gives me creeps.

- Is Theon dead??? (Oh please let him be dead!!!)

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

Spoiler:

- So what exactly IS Bran?? Now that he has opened his "third eye" he seems to be able to see things with Summer's eyes for hours and days. He is not some kind of shapeshifter though, right? I mean, he can only do this with his mind, his body meanwhile is in a state of sleep, right?

Spoiler:

Bran is a 'warg' which is as you described, being able to put his consciousness into an animal. When he wargs it up his regular body goes to sleep or a form of sleep.

KajaM wrote:

Spoiler:

- What was this whole thing with "Renly's ghost" all about during the battle at King's Landing between Stannis and the Lannisters? Some people seem to have claimed that Renly or Renly's ghost was riding with the Tyrells when they attacked Stannins's army. That was just some nonesense though, right? Renly IS dead, after all.

Spoiler:

It was just some guy wearing Renly's armor and colours which made them think it was actually Renly.

KajaM wrote:
Spoiler:

- Is the Hound in love with Sansa??? That last moment between the two where he waits for her in her bedchamber, being totally drunk and waiting for her to sing him a song before he flees from the city made me believe that he really could be in love with her. Oh, and it was a great moment, too. I love that guy.... even when he gives me creeps.

Spoiler:

I don't think he is.. he just sees her as something really innocent and pure and is drawn to her because of that.

KajaM wrote:
Spoiler:

- Is Theon dead??? (Oh please let him be dead!!!)

No comment
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I am! Sorry I got so far behind on this thread. I was so excited to come and read all of your comments!

Paul, what was your book four question?

Ok, here are my thoughts on some of the previous discussion:

1) Tywin and Arya

Spoiler:

I'm a bit foggy on the earlier books since it has been four or five months since I read them, but I was glad to see you say that they didn't meet in the books. I didn't think they had. I'd thought she was a cup bearer for Roose Bolton?

2) Talisa of Volantis

Book three spoiler:

Spoiler:

The girl Robb met on the battlefield. No idea what this is about since that character does not exist in the books. The actress, Oona Chaplin, has always been rumored to be Jeyne. If she is, I can't quite figure out the purpose of them having her lie, unless they're just trying to build some intrigue to help us believe Robb would fall for her. I hope that's all it is.

3) Joffrey/Whores scene:

Quote:
The scene with Joffrey and the whores really grossed me out. It was probably the most horrible scene of the show so far and uncalled for, imo. We already knew that Joffrey was a evil little bastard so why take it so awfully far? I didn't like that at all.

It was REALLY over the top! TBH, I was glad that he *hit* her with that staff or whatever it was, because that is not what I thought was going to happen. Even still, yuck and over-the-top.

I think they're just trying to make him evil in an adult way so people won't try to temper their hate by feeling like, "Oh, but he's a kid, he doesn't know any better."

4) The shadow

Spoiler:

The birth scene was AMAZING! I actually thought that was supposed to be her birthing the shadow that got Renly, rather than being the one they sent for the castellan at Storm's End. I'm not sure why they still had them go out in a boat into that cave like in the books, but I guess they were just mashing the two scenes together. I suppose it worked, though.

5) Theon/Winterfell

Spoiler:

I fully believed Theon would do it. By that point he had been so humiliated by his family and his people, he was desperate to do anything he could to show that he is ironborn and a true Greyjoy. I was sooo upset, though, when I thought B&R were dead, that I actually slammed the book down and told my husband I wasn't going to read any further. And I meant it, too. I was done. Of course I relented the next day, but I was pissed. LOL! Looking back--despite everything--I have such a soft spot for Theon. I think he is such a tragic character. Stolen away from his family and birthright at an early age, raised in an enemy's home, always being reminded he's not really one of them, then returning home to be told he's not one of his own family, either. "Not a Stark, not a Greyjoy." So sad. It makes him dangerous, though.

6) Lancel/Cersei

Spoiler:

I think she's lonely but it's also a little bit of a control thing. I think she's enjoying being able to have total control over a man--even a pretty weak one--just by taking him into her bed. She thinks she's being so clever by manipulating him into doing her dirty work. I didn't have a good handle on Lancel in the books, but if I plug the TV version into everything I remember, he is truly perfect!

7) Sansa and the Hound

Spoiler:

I have a slightly different take, but only because I'm a total Sandor/Sansa fan girl. Which, I know is kind of weird since in the books she's only 12/13 and he's obviously a grown man. So, to clarify, it's not that I wanted them to "hook up" (well, maybe if she was older?) but I do really enjoy the dynamic there. My feeling is that he is sort of in love with her, but at the same time he's not really someone who is cut out for love and is maybe not entirely capable of it. I also agree with Paul, though, in that the main attraction is her innocence. And, I think maybe, he might be a little drawn to her toughness. I think some part of him was kind of repulsed by the "little princess" who loves her prince and her knights in shining armor, but as that world shatters for her, I think he feels kind of a connection with her, like maybe she's the only person who could understand his disillusionment with all of it. I think he feels driven to protect her, but also like he's not really worthy of her. I think he was really torn at the end of book two, because on the one hand he was truly afraid of what would happen to her if he left her there and felt maybe it would be better to give her a clean death. But on the other hand, he just couldn't do it, and on some level had to trust that she would survive somehow. Such a powerful scene! I'm so afraid they won't do that scene (or do it right) in the TV show.

General thoughts and thoughts on last night's episode:

To be honest, I'm really uncomfortable with the way they are playing around with things this season. The timeline feels so screwed up to me. On some storylines they seem to be charging ahead at mind-numbing speed, and on others it's like they're still stuck in the early chapters of book two. I worry about how changes they are making will affect future storylines.

For example--and this is for Paul, so don't read it until you're through book three, Karolina!

Spoiler:

I wonder how, if they took out Jeyne and replaced her with this Volantis girl, how will that affect (going to be cryptic just in case Karolina peeked) a certain, shall we say "crimson" "event"? I mean, isn't it kind of important that Jeyne is from a minor house? Maybe not, but to me it just seems to change that whole thing.

Also, I wonder how the whole Arya/Tywin thing will affect future storylines.

(Book two spoilers only...)

Spoiler:

I mean, will she still be Roose's cupbearer, or did they decide that wasn't important? Are they even going to have Ramsay Bolton? Or, at this point, are they going to merge him with Roose?

Also, wasn't Chyswyck the second death Arya chose? Well, that has no meaning now since she's not working under him in the kitchen like she did in the book. They had the one little scene episode before last (before Tywin showed up) where Arya is getting ready to sleep and off camera we hear a woman ask Chyswyck for some bread and he yells at her and presumably hits her and then Arya adds his name to her list, but I don't think that's nearly enough to make her choosing him as number two make sense in the show. Also, another problem--she knows that Tywin Lannister is her brother's main enemy and that Tywin wants her brother dead, why would she not choose him as one of the ones to die? Before he was out of her reach because he was off in the riverlands somewhere. They're really going to have to jump through hoops to make this make sense now, I fear.

I really liked the last episode, though, despite everything. (episode spoilers)

Spoiler:

I really liked how the Tickler's death played out and I loved the end where Arya looks up and Jaqen taps the one finger on his cheek.

I thought Renly's shadow death played out perfectly. It really was awesome seeing Brienne in action, and then I loved the scene where she pledges herself to Cat.

I loved the north of the wall stuff, even though I wish we'd had some kind of introduction to the Halfhand. I was watching with my mom and she didn't follow who he was supposed to be. I mean, one minute they're talking about Quorin Halfhand, and the next minute there's just some guy there but they barely explain who he was. I did love the addition of Sam talking about Gilly, though, and Pyp (Gren?) and Edd teasing him with "you read it in a book". I wasn't sure about the addition of the party scene in Qarth. That kind of took me out of the story a bit. It was too Beverly Hills charity event for me. I also didn't understand why we had to spend three minutes on two of her bloodriders wanting to steal some statue. And did that whole part with Xaro taking her to that door and proposing to her there even happen in the books? I can't remember. It seems like Qarth was way beyond the second book. Oh! And did Quaith ever talk to Jorah in the books?

So, loved the episode in general. Just really worried about how much they're changing.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey Julia!

You have some really insightful thoughts.. they do seem to be willing to really change stuff from the books now which is kinda scary for me.

Talisa:

Spoiler:

I can only presume it's a ruse on her part. She has to be Jeyne and she was listed as Jeyne in the casting call I believe. It really threw me when she was just some chick from Volantis lol

Tywin/Arya spoiler book 2:

Spoiler:

Yeah she was definetly Roose's cupbearer and not Tywin's. Didn't catch that the Tickler was not one of the names she chooses in the books. I'm still a little hazy on the earlier books myself. I guess it makes more sense though to the casual viewer to merge characters into one.

eloramoon wrote:
It was REALLY over the top! TBH, I was glad that he *hit* her with that staff or whatever it was, because that is not what I thought was going to happen. Even still, yuck and over-the-top.

I thought that too :S Glad it was just a super severe spanking and I'm sure she made it out alive and not crippled/infertile or anything. It was disturbing but did appreciate that we actually got some context on Littlefinger's chat with Ros.

Book four question/thoughts on book five so far:

Spoiler:

So Brienne is dead right? That was such a bummer because I thought Biter was gonna kill her but she escaped and I was so relieved. Do you think her last word was "Jaime." That would be sweet. It's so hard to get a grasp on the books sometimes.. because we hear about people's death second hand so it is not necessarily true. It still has me questioning Brienne's death a little but that's just because I couldn't believe Catelyn would do that! They were so close and it breaks my heart.

Also on supposed deaths.. I'm sure I read Davos was dead in the 4th book (second hand source) or am I remembering that wrong? It was great to see him return anyway.

I've just got to Reek's first chapter in book five and I totally called who it was early on I have to admit I do feel sorry for him though but am also worried it will make him even more ruthless.

Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Oh hey Julia!

You have some really insightful thoughts.. they do seem to be willing to really change stuff from the books now which is kinda scary for me.

Thanks! Yeah, it is scary. Hopefully there is a method to their madness.

Quote:

Talisa:

Spoiler:

I can only presume it's a ruse on her part. She has to be Jeyne and she was listed as Jeyne in the casting call I believe. It really threw me when she was just some chick from Volantis lol

I hope you're right!

Quote:
Tywin/Arya spoiler book 2:

Spoiler:

Yeah she was definetly Roose's cupbearer and not Tywin's. Didn't catch that the Tickler was not one of the names she chooses in the books. I'm still a little hazy on the earlier books myself. I guess it makes more sense though to the casual viewer to merge characters into one.

A Storm of Swords spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh, you know, when I said that about Chiswyck, I hadn't even realized that The Tickler wasn't one of the ones Jaqen kills for her. I forgot that she kills him herself at that Inn. WTH? I'd thought it was kind of important and poetic that she kills him herself. Now I don't know who she'll kill then, if anyone. If any of that even happens in the show. So, in the book she had Jaqen kill Chiswyck. Who was the second person? Was it Weese? I think maybe I was getting Weese and Chiswyck confused. Weese was the guy she worked for in the kitchen, right? I can't even keep track anymore. The books are so different. LOL! It will be interesting to see what they do now.

Quote:

Book four question/thoughts on book five so far:

Spoiler:

So Brienne is dead right? That was such a bummer because I thought Biter was gonna kill her but she escaped and I was so relieved. Do you think her last word was "Jaime." That would be sweet. It's so hard to get a grasp on the books sometimes.. because we hear about people's death second hand so it is not necessarily true. It still has me questioning Brienne's death a little but that's just because I couldn't believe Catelyn would do that! They were so close and it breaks my heart.

Also on supposed deaths.. I'm sure I read Davos was dead in the 4th book (second hand source) or am I remembering that wrong? It was great to see him return anyway.

I've just got to Reek's first chapter in book five and I totally called who it was early on I have to admit I do feel sorry for him though but am also worried it will make him even more ruthless.

Spoiler:

You will have to wait and see with Brienne. I don't think the word was Jaime, but it would be so sweet if it had been.

You're right about reading that Davos was dead. I think someone said his head was on a stake outside whatever castle that was where he went to treat with that lord. Just further proof, as you mentioned, that it's always fair to question second hand information.

It is/will be interesting to see what happens with "Reek". Hopefully he will somehow land firmly on one side or the other. I hate the idea of him being more dangerous, but at least he'd finally be respected and find his place. Then I'll probably go back to hating him. LOL! (It'd be nice if the experience somehow made him good, though .)

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:

A Storm of Swords spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh, you know, when I said that about Chiswyck, I hadn't even realized that The Tickler wasn't one of the ones Jaqen kills for her. I forgot that she kills him herself at that Inn. WTH? I'd thought it was kind of important and poetic that she kills him herself. Now I don't know who she'll kill then, if anyone. If any of that even happens in the show. So, in the book she had Jaqen kill Chiswyck. Who was the second person? Was it Weese? I think maybe I was getting Weese and Chiswyck confused. Weese was the guy she worked for in the kitchen, right? I can't even keep track anymore. The books are so different. LOL! It will be interesting to see what they do now.

Spoiler:

Yeah it was Weese AND Chiswyck. Found it using this wiki: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

Jaquen was third, of course. Arya does become a very crafty character By the way I hope Arya doesn't kill Tywin because we know who's meant to, and how poignant and darkly humorous it will be. I'll bet Tywin will be gone before she has the chance to say his name, or stick him with the pointy end for that matter.

Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Spoiler:

Yeah it was Weese AND Chiswyck. Found it using this wiki: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

Jaquen was third, of course. Arya does become a very crafty character By the way I hope Arya doesn't kill Tywin because we know who's meant to, and how poignant and darkly humorous it will be. I'll bet Tywin will be gone before she has the chance to say his name, or stick him with the pointy end for that matter.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I think you're right. He'll be gone before she has the chance. I hope so, anyway. I've been sitting here secretly fretting that they're headed in that direction, of her killing him. That would be too big a change for me, I think.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally finished the latest episode... geez, that took me long!

I agree with you, Julia, they are jumping all over the place. It's really confusing and I also don't really see the point of it, to be honest, because Martin's timeline in the book made perfect sense to me.

I was quite confused about Bran telling Osha about his dream with "the sea coming to Winterfell"... does that mean Jojen and Meera won't be on the show??? I was so looking forward to seeing those two!

Concerning Sansa & the Hound:

I'm totally with you here, Julia: That last moment with Sansa & Sandor in the second book was so powerful!! I hope it will be on the show and I hope they'll do it right!
At first, the idea of Sansa & Sandor really grossed me out, but I'm slowly beginning to like it. I mean, she is still way too young for him, but I like the idea of him being protective of her.

It's funny, too, because in S1 I wasn't shipping anyone on the show (well, maybe Varys/Littlefinger a bit ) and now I'm starting to like more and more possible ships like Sansa & Sandor or Dany & Jorah. (Dany & Jon would make a pretty hot couple, too, imo but I don't know if the books are going there??)

Concerning Theon:

Currently, I hate Theon almost as much as I hate Joffrey & Cersei. I see what you mean though, Julia: He feels like he doesn't truly belong anywhere. He's not a "real" Greyjoy anymore, neither is he a Stark. I despise him for his deeds though and I can't imagine feeling much sympathy for him, but I guess we'll see...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: