Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Once Upon A Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the episode Skin Deep. I liked that it seemed like we got a little more fairytale story this week.

Emilie was great as Belle. I wasn't sure at first about their decision to make Rumplestiltskin 'the beast' but I actually really liked that story. I think I have a new fave ship on this show. I'm hoping that Gold can find Belle again in Storybrooke, and maybe this time he'll realize she can love someone like him.

I noticed that in Rumple's house he had the puppet/dolls that he turned those people into in Jiminy's episode. I had seen them in his shop, but I had never seen them pop up again in the fairytale story.

I liked that Gold had kept that chipped cup. Kind of reminded me of Lost and Kate's plane. It was just a small trinket that most people saw no meaning in, but to these characters it means the world to them.

Emilie confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that she will be back on OUAT(That was pretty obvious from the ending, but still good to hear this from her.)

Here is a short piece where Emilie talks about OUAT

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/12/once-upon-a-time-emilie-de-ravin-on-belles-debut-and-return/

I liked that this week we got to see Ashley again. We really hadn't seen her since Cinderella's episode. I hope they continue to bring characters into the story even if it isn't their flashback like they did with her this week. I was happy to see that Shawn proposed to her.

I'm still a David/Mary Margret fan, but this week David was kind of a jerk.He needs to make a choice and stop leading Mary and Katherine on.

Looks like next week will be The Little Mermaid's episode. Wonder if they'll make any referrence to Disney's version with the talking lobster and Flounder?

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Skin Deep" is definitely my fav ep so far! I'm a rather incurable romantic and this hit pretty much every note I could've hoped for, short of a happy ending (which I totally wouldn't expect at this point, of course).

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
Emilie was great as Belle. I wasn't sure at first about their decision to make Rumplestiltskin 'the beast' but I actually really liked that story. I think I have a new fave ship on this show. I'm hoping that Gold can find Belle again in Storybrooke, and maybe this time he'll realize she can love someone like him.

I LOVED Emilie as Belle, I thought she did a wonderful job! I felt exactly the same way as you about Rumple being "the Beast" in this but I think it turned out brilliantly! I really thought that he was going to stay sort of outside of the storyline, for lack of a better way to put it, that he wasn't going to fall in love with her, that it was all just going to be another deal to him or another sort of scheme. Once I realized that he really was falling for her (and we saw what all he was willing to go through just to get that chipped cup back), I was completely hooked! They're definitely my fav ship on the show at the moment! ♥♥♥!!!

That was also pretty cool that true love's kiss actually DOES seem to break curses. After all, Graham remembered his fairy tale life when he kissed Emma (*squee* then they were true love? So he just can't be permanently dead then, noooooooo... ).

At this point, I'm still a really big Snow/Charming fan but Mary Margaret/David's storyline is driving me slightly batty. Exactly why can't he just leave the wife he supposedly doesn't love? Because he remembers their life together? Uh, so what? And if he does love Katherine, then why not do the honorable thing and stop seeing Mary Margaret? That's just not very "heroic" to me and it's putting me off of David quite a bit.

And was anybody else surprised that he gave Katherine the "I woof you" card? I guess it was his way of getting around giving her a sappy, mushy Valentine's card, I don't know. But it just seemed strange to me, lol!

Thanks so much for the link, I really hope that we'll be seeing her again very soon!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely my fav ep! Beauty & the Beast is my fav fairy tale & I think Emilie was perfect as Belle! I like the storyline of Belle & Rumple. I'm so glad Belle/Emilie is going to be on the show again!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

That was also pretty cool that true love's kiss actually DOES seem to break curses. After all, Graham remembered his fairy tale life when he kissed Emma (*squee* then they were true love? So he just can't be permanently dead then, noooooooo... ).

And was anybody else surprised that he gave Katherine the "I woof you" card? I guess it was his way of getting around giving her a sappy, mushy Valentine's card, I don't know. But it just seemed strange to me, lol!

I liked the part about true loves kiss. I hadn't thought of how Graham remembered after his kiss with Emma. I loved that pairing. I still miss Graham I hope they find some way to bring him back.

I was also surprised that the 'I woof you' card was for Katherine. I think he gave that card to Katherine because in one episode he talked about how she'd been telling him about a dog named Ajax that they owned. He had pretended to remember the dog. That would be my reasoining for that card.

I really liked that in this episode they finally confirmed that Gold knew he was Rumplestiltskin.

Do you guys think Belle is really dead in Fairy tale world? Or was the Evil Queen lying? Does Gold know Belle is still alive in Storybrooke?

I think Belle is alive in fairytale world.I think most of what Regina said was true, up to the part about Belle throwing herself from the tower.

Macaila
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually enjoyed the last episode. It was great to see Rumple in love and Emilie was just adorable. Have to roll my eyes at the David/Mary will they, won't they thing. I actually feel sorry for his wife or is it just me?

How funny was it when Rumple turned Gaston into a rose and gave it to Belle? That made me lol

Loved the ending with the mental asylum showing her alive. Maybe she actually remembers her past life and that is why she is being locked away?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Loved the ending with the mental asylum showing her alive. Maybe she actually remembers her past life and that is why she is being locked away?

That's an interesting theory. I like that. Maybe she was like Henry and told people they were fairy tale characters.As an adult, she'd be seen as crazy and put in a mental asylum. Where as people just see Henry as an over-imaginative kid.

I also liked that Rumple turned Gaston into a rose. Now that we've seen him turn people into roses and dolls/puppets it makes you wonder what other possessions of his used to be people.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
I liked the part about true loves kiss. I hadn't thought of how Graham remembered after his kiss with Emma. I loved that pairing. I still miss Graham I hope they find some way to bring him back.

I was also surprised that the 'I woof you' card was for Katherine. I think he gave that card to Katherine because in one episode he talked about how she'd been telling him about a dog named Ajax that they owned. He had pretended to remember the dog. That would be my reasoining for that card.

I really liked that in this episode they finally confirmed that Gold knew he was Rumplestiltskin.

Do you guys think Belle is really dead in Fairy tale world? Or was the Evil Queen lying? Does Gold know Belle is still alive in Storybrooke?

I think Belle is alive in fairytale world.I think most of what Regina said was true, up to the part about Belle throwing herself from the tower.

I'm holding out hope that we'll see Graham again, too! *fingers crossed* I do like Emma being Sheriff, I think that was a cool twist that gave her more of a reason to stay in Storybrooke (as well as a reasonable explanation as to how she was living without a job, lol ). But I'd love, love, LOVE for Graham to come back!

Oh, great point about the dog, that could definitely explain about the "I woof you" card!

I *squeed* out loud a bit when Mr. Gold confirmed he knows exactly who he is. Everybody suspected as much but it was great to finally have it confirmed!

I'm with you, I think Regina lied about Belle being dead in the fairytale world. I can't figure out why Rumple would just take her word for it, though. Unless he was basically just still so emotionally involved in the whole thing, feeling guilty that he had driven her away so he was willing to just immediately believe that something horrible and tragic had happened to her and thus it was his fault (at least in his own mind).

I'd imagine that fairytale!Belle was locked in that tower just like realworld!Belle is locked basically in a dungeon. I hope we'll be seeing her again very soon! *fingers crossed*

I totally did laugh when Gaston was turned into a rose like that, lol! And then Belle snipped the end of the stem off! I was half-afraid the rose was going to scream or something! That would've been rather traumatizing, to say the least, lol!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

I'm holding out hope that we'll see Graham again, too! *fingers crossed* I do like Emma being Sheriff, I think that was a cool twist that gave her more of a reason to stay in Storybrooke (as well as a reasonable explanation as to how she was living without a job, lol ). But I'd love, love, LOVE for Graham to come back!

I like Emma being Sheriff, too. I really like that character.I hope that eventually they'll give us some flashbacks so we can learn more about her past.Right now we only know who she is in Fairy Tale world and whatever dirt Regina prints about her on the front page of the paper.It'd be nice to learn more about her, from her POV.

I found a couple more interviews with Emilie. I haven't found any yet that took place after the episode.

Emilie's interview with The Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-upon-a-time-lost-emilie-de-ravin-preview-skin-deep-289691

Emilie's interview with TV Guide:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Emilie-de-Ravin-Lost-1042984.aspx

And this small piece comes from E's Watch With Kristen:

Ladiebug91: Anything on OUAT? Please please pretty please?
Prepare to see more of Emilie de Ravin on the show as Belle and most likely her Storybrooke counterpart who is currently residin' (aka trapped) in a secret padded cell under the hospital. (How awesome was that reveal by the way?!) When we asked de Ravin if we'd be seeing her on the ABC hit show again soon, her answer made us very happy. "You will actually," she says. "Hopefully even more because it's been really fun."

Macaila
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Happened to Frederick was an alright episode. Still liked last weeks episode better, though.

I like Prince Charming, but why does David have to be a jerk? Being a coward and not telling Kathryn the truth has lost him both of the women who loved him.
I liked the reveal toward the end that Regina had been the one to write 'Tramp' on his car.

I enjoyed the little exchange between Emma and Mary Margret where Emma told her 'I'm not your mother.'

Who is Frederick? At first I thought he was a student since Kathryn bumped into him at the school. But maybe he was a teacher? It seems like he may be a some what important character.

I'm glad they finally told us the strangers name: August Wayne Booth.
Unfortunately, this does little to resolve who he is. There has to be some kind of clue in his name. Most of the characters on this show have some meaning in their name. This one has me a bit stumped though.

I thought it was odd that August seemed to have disassembled the book. I wonder if he changed it? I did like that he took Emma to the Wishing Well for a drink. I also liked that the well gets its water from the Mermaid's lake.
But why did he take the book, just to return it?

What happened to Kathryn? Did she just get out and walk away? Is she dead?
Or did she just cease to be? I am wondering if Regina had someone take her away after the crash. Regina could frame anyone she wants for that disappearance.

Another thing that just occured to me, why was 'Frederick' on that road anyway? Nobody ever leaves, so why was he there?

Macaila
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary and David need to get things worked out soon! I don't want to see them passing each other by and give these longing looks, I want them to finally live happily ever after!

That guy, I forget his name... the stranger who came into town... I had a thought, maybe a stupid one at that... what if he IS from the fairy tale world but he wasn't near by when Regina started the curse? Like, he was a writer back then and he's still a writer now, so he knows about the book, (as we've seen) because he wrote it? and he took the book to fill in the pages that were missing because he felt that it should be complete. Which then means that if the book has all of the pages, this means that if Regina gets hold of the book again, she'll see those pages and will have more of an advantage and hold it dear so nobody could stop her. I hope that's not the case because regina needs to be one or two steps behind.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, his name's August While watching this ep, I also came to the conclusion that he wrote the book back in fairy tale land. It's strange that nobody recognises him though, he's really intriguing as a character...
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
What Happened to Frederick was an alright episode. Still liked last weeks episode better, though.

I like Prince Charming, but why does David have to be a jerk? Being a coward and not telling Kathryn the truth has lost him both of the women who loved him.
I liked the reveal toward the end that Regina had been the one to write 'Tramp' on his car.

I enjoyed the little exchange between Emma and Mary Margret where Emma told her 'I'm not your mother.'

Who is Frederick? At first I thought he was a student since Kathryn bumped into him at the school. But maybe he was a teacher? It seems like he may be a some what important character.

I'm glad they finally told us the strangers name: August Wayne Booth.
Unfortunately, this does little to resolve who he is. There has to be some kind of clue in his name. Most of the characters on this show have some meaning in their name. This one has me a bit stumped though.

I thought it was odd that August seemed to have disassembled the book. I wonder if he changed it? I did like that he took Emma to the Wishing Well for a drink. I also liked that the well gets its water from the Mermaid's lake.
But why did he take the book, just to return it?

What happened to Kathryn? Did she just get out and walk away? Is she dead?
Or did she just cease to be? I am wondering if Regina had someone take her away after the crash. Regina could frame anyone she wants for that disappearance.

Another thing that just occured to me, why was 'Frederick' on that road anyway? Nobody ever leaves, so why was he there?

Macaila

I was confused by some of this too!

Frederick looks so young. I thought the guy she bumped in to might be him, but still, he looks young....

David seems so different to Prince Charming. David just seems a bit pathetic and cowardly, nothing like Charming at all :S:S Or maybe he is just overly sensitive? =P

That's an interesting thought that Catherine may have just disappeared...maybe she did O_o
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcat wrote:
That guy, I forget his name... the stranger who came into town... I had a thought, maybe a stupid one at that... what if he IS from the fairy tale world but he wasn't near by when Regina started the curse? Like, he was a writer back then and he's still a writer now, so he knows about the book, (as we've seen) because he wrote it? and he took the book to fill in the pages that were missing because he felt that it should be complete. Which then means that if the book has all of the pages, this means that if Regina gets hold of the book again, she'll see those pages and will have more of an advantage and hold it dear so nobody could stop her. I hope that's not the case because regina needs to be one or two steps behind.

It does seem like the queen's curse only covered so far. So I think that's a possibility that someone could have been brought to this world but not completely affected by the curse. I agree that the book is more dangerous now if Regina gets ahold of it. Before Emma had burned the portion revealing who she was.

After this last episode I started to wonder if August was supposed to be someone along the lines of Wilhelm or Jacob Grimm. But as I was doing a little research on them I came across a guy named Johann Karl August Musaus.

Musaus wrote a collection of German fairytales called Volksmarchen der Deutschen. His collection was done in 1782-1787 which is a few decades before the Grimm brothers who published a collection in 1812.

He is a little more obscure but perhaps he provided some inspiration for August on the show.

They want us to believe that the fairytale characters actually existed, so it would be a neat twist if the writers who wrote down these tales actually lived among these people, rather than compiling the stories from oral tellings that had been passed on through generations. That would also explain why the stories are very non-traditional. Some fairytales have many different versions around the world and it seems like they change some with each retelling.(Just like we see how Disney puts their spin on the classic stories.)
But if the writer was supposedly a witness to these events, he would be telling the actual story.

I have some good news for my fellow Graham fans. They are trying to figure out a way to bring him back to the show. Here's what they told E:

'VeroPadilla34: OUAT! Just need some type of fix!
How about a ridiculously good-looking, charming and Irish fix?! The ABC hit series is currently trying to figure out a way to have fan favorite Sheriff Graham/Huntsman (Jamie Dornan) return. "To be quite honest, I hope so," executive producer Edward Kitsis says of Dornan appearing in a future episode. "We would like to have him back. Sometimes it is a scheduling thing that is beyond our control, but right now we are trying to move heaven and earth to hopefully make it happen. I can't you promise you." Eh, we're still going to hold you to that non-promise, Kitsis!'

Here is a link to an article on E with some spoilers and teasers for upcoming storylines and guest stars.
http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/once_upon_time_bosses_dish_on_mad_guest/296279

If I'm reading that correctly it sounds like Emilie may appear again in the show as early as episode 14.

I also read that in an upcoming episode

Spoiler:

Mary Margret gets arrested (for Kathryn's disappearance) and Mr. Gold will be her lawyer.

Macaila
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamy was kind of a weird episode to me. (The whole show is weird, but the flashbacks were just a little extra odd.)

I never knew the 7 ( or 8 ) Dwarves hatched from eggs.That was a bizarre spin on the story. I was expecting a dragon or some mystical beast to hatch.I almost don't want to know what creature laid the eggs in the first place. That part was a little too weird for me.

It seems as though they plan to take full creative license in renaming and adding dwarves. Dreamy? I couldn't help but smile at that name, it just seemed so strange. I did like how when he became angry and broke his axe, his new axe displayed the name Grumpy. I thought that was great symbolism that the axe with the name Dreamy broke, symbolizing his broken dreams.

Now the dwarf height thing has never bothered me greatly, though I do see how strange it is. But it did seem weird that the fairy, Nova was taller than Dreamy/Grumpy. I thought fairies were supposed to be really tiny.Maybe she has magical powers to make herself taller? Who knows?

I wish the Storybrooke side of the story would have progressed a bit more.

I am looking forward to the episode when Emma finally realizes who she is and that Mary Margret and David are her parents. That's going to be very awkward for them all. Especially since Emma just more or less arrested her dad. She's also kind of been discouraging their affair.And poor Mary Margret and David, they go from being the same age as Emma to not only realizing she's their kid, but they also have a grandson. That's going to be interesting when that crazy storyline gets settled.

Good to see Belle again. I liked the little talk she gave to Grumpy about love.This seemed to have shown us a small glimpse of what happened to her after Rumple kicked her out.

What is the deal with Gold and nuns? What happened to Rumple to make him not like them in the Storybrooke world?

I'm glad we get Red's story next week. I wonder who the Big Bad Wolf will be.

Macaila
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this week's episode. Ruby is one of my favourite characters so it's great to get some more light on her. I loved the twist of her being the wolf; did not expect that. At first when I saw the footprints going to the house I thought Granny was the wolf. Speaking of, how much of a bamf is Granny?! When she sat facing the door with a crossbow I thought, I would not like to cross her on a bad day! Also very interesting twist at the end with Mary Margaret's fingerprints being on the box. No doubt planted there by Regina. Also like the idea of Red's cloak being to stop her from becoming the wolf. Although that kind of throws off the whole of the original story, but that seems to be the whole point of Once Upon A Time, and I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: