Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Census
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some new questions have been added:

1. your screen name - - - Rocksiren
2. your post count - - - 84
3. your connection to the internet - - - DSL
4. how active you'd say you are on the site - - - Check it once/twice daily
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site - - - some. Of course, I cant get through some of them, and that makes me sad, especially if they used a song I really like.
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) - - - Yes.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? - - - 8
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? - - - Mucho nice-o.
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? - - - I like them.
Do I use them when picking vids? Depends on the song and other reviews of the vid.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? - - - Not specifically for the admin, but perhaps, and I know everyone has thei favorites, slow down on the Charlie/Claire vids? Overwhelming amount!
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? - - - Very nice. Were such dorks, how could we ever really be mean to anyone?
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...why have I not done this yet?

1. crazymol4588
2. 258
3. Road Runner High Speed Online
4. Very
5. Considering I judge them, I'd say all.
6. Yup
7- All of them. Perk of being a council memeber.
8. 10+ Everything's run beautifully.
9. I like that we do them. Before I was a council member I loved seeing if I would get approved.
10. If I do I'm sure I'll rant about it later, lol.
11. Oh so very pleasent. :-p

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Polarbear
2. 129
3. Cable (2 meg)
4. very active I check it everyday usually
5. probably half
6. Yes I love putfile.
7- 4
8. 7- I think things could be done quicker sometimes
9. Yes I do like them although perhaps there should be a fans pick vote aswell I think.
10. ACCOUNTS FOR USERS- very much needed I want to edit my profile and provide new links for some of my vids but I have to pm a mod every time to do this grr you guys must hate this too dealing with it so make us some accounts! please
11. It's very nice we could do with more regular users on the boards though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name- Bad Wolf
2. your post count- 4
3. your connection to the internet- BroadBand
4. how active you'd say you are on the site- Fairly Active, im New Though
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site - half to many
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?)- yes putfile works for me
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?- havent made any
8. how would you rate the organization of the site?- very good, easy to use
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?- i use them
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?- umm nope not that i can think of
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?- nice
Flight-815

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Census Reply with quote

1. Your Screen Name: Flight-815
2. Your Post Count: 19 XD
3. Your Connection to the Internet: Uhh.. I don't actually know.. XD
4. How active you'd say you are on the site: I'm mainly a viewer, I look at most posts instead of replying.
5. If you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: Many
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): Yep
7. How many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: None, yet.
8. How would you rate the organization of the site?: It's A-OK!
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: The ones picked by the Council Pick Seals are, a majority of the time, good picks.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: None at all.. :S
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?: Harsh, of course.
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual...I'm the last to do this

1. Your Screen Name: Fan4Lost
2. Your Post Count: 447
3. Your Connection to the Internet: Cable
4. How active you'd say you are on the site: I try to be as active as possible and help whoever I can.
5. If you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: As many as I can
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): Putfile works
7. How many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: 2 out of 2
8. How would you rate the organization of the site?: Perfect
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: I watch a variety, but the council picks usually draw my attention
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: I'm going to go with the suggestion by Aislynn, that contest winners should also receive a special ribbon of sorts and that if a video entered even if it didn't win was good enough for a council pick, should get the CP.
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?: At times, some people can get a little harsh, but for the most part everyone is pretty cool IMO. It would be strange if everyone was perky sweet all the time tho.
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name: Distress Signal

2. your post count: 135

3. your connection to the internet: Um...Linksys wireless broadband

4. how active you'd say you are on the site: Not very.

5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: Ohhh, some.

6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): Yes.

7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: 1.

8. how would you rate the organization of the site?: Excellent.

9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: Usually I'm more attracted to the type of video it looks like it's going to be, or the vidder, or the song, more than a CP, even though that helps. Sometimes I feel myself disagreeing with the judging on certain videos (more than just my own), so CPs to me don't always mean all they're cracked up to be.

10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: Nah, not really. More users online and more posting action?

11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?: Nice. But it depends. Any forum can seem like a nice or harsh atmostphere depending on your recent experiences and perspectives.

sig by IslandofMystery
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name: Di

2. your post count: 71

3. your connection to the internet: It's supposed to be broadband, but sometimes it acts like a dial-up connection. *shrugs* Go figure.

4. how active you'd say you are on the site: Hmm... just a bit.

5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: Some...

6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): I can watch vids on it just fine... I never tried uploading any, though.

7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: 10 *is proud*

8. how would you rate the organization of the site?: Brilliant!!!

9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: I think they help. And they often bring some vids to my attention that I probably wouldn't consider watching if it weren't for them. But of course it doesn't mean that all vids that didn't get CPs are crap! I've seen some very good non-CP vids.

10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: uh... more vidders???

11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?: As far as I know it's really nice! *loves LVI*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name: DaisyAdair
2. your post count: 281
3. your connection to the internet: DSL/Wireless
4. how active you'd say you are on the site: pretty active
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site I have seen a lot of videos on this site
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) yes
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? o
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? 10/10
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? yes. CP videos are always one notch above the average video..
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?
I have allready posted
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? HARSH lol jk

I love everyone here .... esp. Marcus JK JK

lol

LVI RAWKS (11 year old internet speak)
cows23
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Census Reply with quote

1. your screen name Cows23 (known on the main site, Putfile, and Youtube as Cows42)
2. your post count 104, now 105, got majorly deteriorated when Spam 18 was deleted.
3. your connection to the internet OptOnline
4. how active you'd say you are on the site I come once or twice a day and stay for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site I've seen quite a few, but 1472? That's a lot man.
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) Yes.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? 0
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? Thumbs up!
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? When I don't have time to watch that many.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? Not yet...
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? Is that a trick question?
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Census Reply with quote

1. your screen name Shankle
2. your post count 210, although I post bucketloads in the spam thread
3. your connection to the internet DSL broadband (i think)
4. how active you'd say you are on the site I hover around most of the time when i'm not in school...mainly spamming.
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site I've watche a fair amount of 'em, but nowhere near half lol
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?) Yes.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals? 3 so far
8. how would you rate the organization of the site? Really good. I can find stuff really easily . Don't change it!
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble? It' a huge help, and i often am tempted to watch any and every vid with a council pick.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better? A more polite webmaster...lol kidding!
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here? *sniff* Everybody picks on me!!!!
Nah, joking, it's such a great atmosphere here. That's why i hang around so much.

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name: mistojen

2. your post count: 88

3. your connection to the internet: comcast cable connection

4. how active you'd say you are on the site: recently, pretty active.

5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: some, but that's mainly because my computer is very picky about when it wants to play things and when it does not. More often than not, it's the latter.

6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): uh...again, sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes not, because my laptop is a spaz.

7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: 3

8. how would you rate the organization of the site?: on a scale of 1-10, 10

9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: yes...unless I'm looking at newly submitted vids, this is my main deciding factor on what to watch.

10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: ...I think it's in really great shape, actually, and doesn't need any help.

11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?: really, REALLY nice and friendly!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name: rbexter93

2. your post count: 443

3. your connection to the internet: NTLworld broadband

4. how active you'd say you are on the site: pretty active.

5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: probably some to half.

6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): Yeah it is fine for me

7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: 2 silver picks

8. how would you rate the organization of the site?: on a scale of 1-10: 10

9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?:I do use it most of the time

10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?:not really

11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?:There are so many nice people here
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. your screen name: Spiral Static
2. your post count: 285
3. your connection to the internet: NTLworld Broadband
4. how active you'd say you are on the site: Quite Active
5. if you've seen few, some, half, many, most, or all of the videos on the site: I'd say almost half.
6. Did you get Putfile working? (if no, then what's your reason?): Yep.
7- how many vids made by you got Council Pick seals?: 1 Gold.
8. how would you rate the organization of the site?: on a scale of 1-10: 10 - This was one of the things that really impressed me when I first joined.
9. Do you like/use the Council's Pick Seals when deciding what videos to watch, or are they not worth the trouble?: I do tend to be more attracted to CP Videos.
10. Any suggestions for what could be done to make this site better?: Nope.
11. Is the atmosphere nice, or harsh here?: Very Nice.
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. AlcoholicPixie

2. 40, counting this one.

3. Depends on whose computer I'm on. Until Wednesday, fast-ish broadband. Will be getting broadband on my own computer probably from September or October.

4. Usually pretty active.

5. I've probably seen less than half the vids on the site.

6. As much as possible, I avoid Putfile like the plague. I much prefer YouTube or RapidShare/ZShare where I can download the vids. But the last time I tried it, it wouldn't work. Don't ask me why.

7. None at the moment, but my latest one - which I think is my best yet - is still Judging In Progress, so I don't know if it will have one or not.

8. Pretty good, but it could probably be better, like you could have someone to review the uploads for spelling/grammar errors, e.g. on the 'Artists' list, you have four different spellings of Evanescence. (I'm good at organising stuff if you're actually looking for someone to do this!)

9. Personally I really appreciate the Council Pick seals, as I usually only tend to watch vids that have Gold or Silver picks. It stops me from wasting my time watching a vid that might not be all that great, and it helps me when I'm commenting, as I like to write long comments for vids (e.g. stuff that I liked/didn't like, things I thought were good/not so good etc).

10. Maybe try to get through videos slightly faster? I know that you get really backlogged with the vids, but it is slightly frustrating to have to wait anything up to a week or more to find out if your vid has been judged yet. I also agree with a previous post, that we should be able to have accounts, but I understand that for a site as MASSIVE as this one, that would probably cost a helluva lot.

11. In all honesty, I really like it. I think more people should make comments on vids, but otherwise I really like it, because it feels like a little community. *squee*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: