Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SurReality TV: The Challenge (feat. assorted LVIers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant speak for Paul, but I dont mind at ALL, anything you want to write. Its way more exciting than real life, he he. Also kudos Jen, its nice to know they arent gone forever from the island...go AIS! I died laughing at the "Sawyerette" part, hahahahhaa! Sigh as Ruth thinks about Will Kempy kisses....

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
"Sorry, Sun," Sawyer says sounding mockingly apologetic. "Aislynn says it's time for bed, so I can't go for a swim."

"Sawyer, do what you want," Aislynn says, "I'll still be in the bed when you're done, anyway..."

*boogies* Woohooo!!!!!!

Of course, in real life that conversation would've gone more like this:

Sawyer: "Sorry, Sun. Aislynn says it's time for bed, so I can't go for a swim."

Aislynn: "You got THAT right, big boy! Sun, have a nice long swim! Enjoy yourself! Take your time! Have fun!" (tosses Sun out the door and slams it behind her)

Sun: "Well, excuuuuuUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuse me!"

That was SO cool to see what was going on with the three of us like that! Woot!

Hey, do we have a Jack/Steph ship name yet??? Stack? (Hmmm, that's kinda racy... ) I like that better than Jeph, personally... And what about Ruth/Paul? Raul, perhaps?

*hearts ship names* What a great ep! *throws confetti, throws hearts and flowers, throws her back out...owie*
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to go as far as you want with me and Ruth!

I enjoyed this ep, still eager to find out who is getting voted out though.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the people getting voted off aren't actually gone? Awesome! With that new twist, the team conflicts and all the shipping going on here, it looks to be very interesting! Great work, Jen! Can't wait to see what happens next!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad everyone liked that twist Secretly, I just missed writing Sawylnn...a LOT. I originally hadn't planned for them to make any sort of return. Thank God it was well-taken...guess I'll have a little more fun with it, then

Paul and Ruth--glad to hear that I wasn't pushing my limits
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed do, I just got some killer graphics for Sawlynn.

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Can't wait to see them!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth, can you post the cat-fight graphic over here, too, or would you rather me upload it and post?

NEW EPISODE:

An hour later finds Steph and Jack chatting quietly over drinks at the breakfast bar while Jen and Warren have fallen asleep on the oversized center couch.

Warren is sprawled out on one end of the couch with his head lolled to the side on the arm of the couch. One of his hands is still loosely clutching his hand of cards and is resting on his stomach, while his other hand dangles over the side of the couch. Jen's cards are scattered haphazardly on the floor and she's laying with her head at Warren's feet with one leg pulled up, knee bent, against her chest, arms wrapped around it. Her other knee rests on the opposite arm of the couch, foot hanging over the side.

After putting away the liquor and their glasses, Jack pulls Steph into his arms and kisses her again. "Ready for bed?" he asks.

Steph smiles and nods.

"C'mon, then," Jack says quietly and leads her toward the main Community Room. The two of them stop in the doorway at the sight of Warren and Jen.

"Aww..." Steph whispers, grinning, "should we wake them so they can go to bed?"

Jack smiles. "Nah," he says, "let 'em sleep. They'll move eventually. There's no way they can make it through the whole night being that uncomfortable. C'mon, let's go to bed."

The next morning, when the sun is spilling brightly through the windows of the Community Room, Warren's eyelids flutter open and it takes him a moment to remember where he is. He can't help but laugh.

Sitting up, he sees that Jen is still sleeping, curled up in a ball at his feet. "Hey..." he says quietly, tapping her shoulder.

"Hmm?" Jen mumbles, squinting against the morning sun as she slowly opens her eyes.

Warren sets his cards down on the coffee table and stands, running a hand through his sleep-disheveled hair. "We fell asleep playing cards," he tells her, still grinning at the stupidity of the situation.

Marcus, Steph, and Colin come into the living room from outside. Jen sits up finally and finger-combs through her hair, yawning.

"Geez, you're really goin' through 'em, arentcha, Jen?" Colin jokes.

Jen looks over her shoulder at Colin and rolls her eyes. "Oh, shut up," she laughs, "it's not like that."

"What'd you do?" Marcus asks.

"They were sleeping when I came in last night, and Warren was even still holding his cards. I almost woke you guys, but I figured you'd wake up on your own and move..." Steph explains, laughing as she towel-dries her hair. “Guess not,” she adds as an afterthought.

Kate and Charlie filter into the room next as Warren disappears into the kitchen to make himself a bagel.

"Morning," Kate chirps as she comes around the couch and flops down beside Jen.

"Morning," the rest chorus back at her.

“It’s nearly ten,” Charlie mutters as he drops down onto a chair.

As if on cue, Locke, Nikki, Claire, and Jack enter the room from outside and Warren comes back from the kitchen trailed by Ruth and Paul in their bathing suits, fresh from the pool. No one seems to notice the hickey on Ruth’s neck or the fact that she’s holding Paul’s hand.

When everyone is settled and the clock strikes ten, the speakers of the television come to life.

The voting ritual ensues and Ben makes the announcement that Claire will be sitting out the next Challenge. The frown on her face is evident and she hasn’t felt this alone since Sawyer’s departure.

Everyone, on the Blue Team especially, waits on tenterhooks to hear who has been voted out of the game this week.

“The player from the Blue Team voted out of the game is...” Ben’s voice says and then pauses. The screen flashes white and Paul’s name appears in bold blue lettering. This time, instead of being angry, Paul is really disappointed. All this time, he’d been trying to get up the courage to make his move with Ruth and now that he finally has, he has to go home.

Ruth, too, looks more sad than angry. She really hates to see him go, now.

“Paul, you will have twenty minutes to pack your things and say your goodbyes before meeting me outside to catch your taxi. The rest of the remaining players will reconvene here after the departure to receive your clue for tomorrow’s Challenge,” Ben’s voice says and the screen goes black once again.

Paul nods and sighs, leaving the room and heading toward the Blue Team Hut to pack his things. Ruth is not far behind.

As the group in the Community Room dissipates, some going out to the pool; others to the kitchen or their Team Hut, Jen grabs Warren by the wrist and pulls him back. When he turns to her, she gives him a look that begs that he stay put until they’re alone. Raising an eyebrow suspiciously at her, Warren watches everyone depart and then looks back at Jen.

“What?” he asks, confused. He’s, truthfully, wanting to get changed into clean clothes and wait around to see Paul off. He has a feeling it’s going to be, at least a little, like Aislynn’s departure. Warren fears Paul’s absence will leave a similar void and he wants to mentally prepare himself for it.

“Meet me here after everyone goes to sleep tonight,” Jen says quietly.

“Meet you...?” Warren starts, eyes wide, “Jen, what the hell for?” he hisses.

Jen gives him a look. “Do you want to go over there and see for yourself or not?” she whispers.

It takes Warren a moment before it dawns on him what she’s trying to say. “Oh!” he gasps. “Yes! Yes, definitely! I’ll meet you here, I promise.”

Nodding, Jen smiles. “Our secret,” she reminds him.

“Our secret,” Warren agrees, smiling back. “Til then?”

“Yeah,” Jen replies and lifts a finger, pressing it to her lips, raising her eyebrows at him to reinforce the secrecy without words.

Warren smiles again and nods. “All right, so...I’m gonna go change out of yesterday’s clothes...” he says awkwardly.

“You do that,” Jen laughs and nods once more at him before heading out to the kitchen in search of breakfast.

The time flies and when Paul rolls over, Ruth smooths her now-disheveled hair and looks over at the clock. “Damn,” she says softly, reaching over the side of the bed and snatching up her clothes.

“Almost time?” Paul asks sadly.

“Yeah,” Ruth replies, pulling her shirt over her head. “I can’t believe you have to go, now,” she sighs, “this totally sucks!”

Frowning, Paul nods. “Well,” he says, “I mean, we can keep in touch and see what happens, right?”

“Yeah,” Ruth sighs almost unenthusiastically, “right.” Paul is from England; Ruth, herself, from New York in the United States. She wonders how a relationship could possibly work when they’re so far away. Especially, she thinks, while she is still on some unknown island in the middle of nowhere, competing for a million dollars that Paul will now never win.

Paul discreetly hands Ruth a slip of scrap paper when she crawls out of the bed, completely dressed. He zips his jeans and smiles weakly at her. “My information,” he says.

“Right,” Ruth replies, nodding and pocketing the paper without really looking at it. She’ll have plenty of time to look it over when he’s gone; it’s not important right this moment.

“All right, well...” Paul says awkwardly as they stand facing one another knowing what they’ve just done and the fact that it won’t happen again for, at the very least, a long while. Inevitably, they’re both upset by their current situation.

“Well...” Ruth finds herself repeating him before she can stop herself.

“Come on,” Paul sighs, taking her in his arms and pressing a kiss to the top of her head before releasing her and taking her hand in his own, leading her toward the door of the Blue Team Hut, unlocking it and opening it for her. “After you.”

Ruth smiles sadly and nods, heading out the door with Paul in tow.

The rest of the players are hovered around the doorway of the Community Room, waiting to say goodbye. Ben and the taxi are already waiting. With one last squeeze of her hand, Paul lets go of Ruth and starts forward to load his bags into the trunk.

Ben takes over to allow Paul to say his goodbyes. Paul looks back at the group. He’s not very close with the Red Team Members - not close enough to want a sappy goodbye when he’s as distracted and sad about losing Ruth as he is. Even though he’s happy to be away from the drama and the heavy competition. secretly, Paul holds a small grudge against his team for not letting him stick around a little longer. In any case, he’s not feeling the goodbye.

“I’m crap at goodbyes,” Paul says to the group as they huddle together, Red and Blue Team members unintentionally segregated. “So...see you all. Good luck. Win the million, Ruth,” he says with a wan smile and heads into the cab, waving at them all through the window.

Ruth stands at the front of the group as Ben climbs into the front seat and the taxi pulls away slowly, making its way up the road, eventually disappearing around the turn in the road. Closing her eyes against the tears she doesn’t want to cry, Ruth sighs and, reopening her eyes, walks back to the Blue Team Hut to hide away and grieve the results of today’s vote.

“Ruth...the clue,” Kate calls out.

Ruth turns back and looks at her, shrugging. “You guys can tell me later. I have a headache,” she lies and turns away again, heading into the Hut and closing the door roughly behind her.

Kate, Colin, and Jack exchange looks and Steph frowns over at Locke as they all follow the Red Team back into the Community Room to retrieve their clue for the upcoming Challenge.

Seconds after Locke brings up the rear of the players as he walks back into the Community Room, the screen goes white with scrawling black letters.

One voted away
will still get to play
Spare yourself the grudges you hold
‘less you and your team be left in the cold.

Claire will be spared her team's vote against her. Given the circumstances, be prepared for a total meltdown. Everyone remaining in the game will meet the vans out front at noon tomorrow to be taken to the next mission. Wear your swimsuits, sneakers, and team jerseys.

Nikki looks back and forth between the television screen and a Post-it pad she’s snatched off the coffee table. She writes down the message and rips off the Post-it, shoving it into her pocket. She’ll show her team later and they can further mull over the clue to make a guess at what their Challenge might be.

The television fades to black again.

“Wait!” Kate whines, “I didn’t finish reading!”

“Me either,” Warren sighs, sounding angry and disappointed with himself.

“Join the club,” Steph groans.

“Couldn’t have been that important...” Jack reasons, “just some cryptic message that makes nearly no sense.”

“If we were meant to have seen it all, it’d have been up there longer,” Locke speaks up.

Charlie rolls his eyes.

“All I got out of it,” Claire says, grinning spitefully, “is that even though you all voted that I sit this one out, I still get to play.”

“That was the most important part, probably,” Marcus says, “that’s all I caught, too.”

“Okay...” Colin says, “well, that’s done. I’m hungry for lunch.”

Most of the group murmurs agreement and, once again, the players all disband and go their own ways. It isn’t that Paul’s departure was less painful than Aislynn’s...it’s just that it’s less new. Also, Aislynn volunteered her way out; the Red Team’s conscience was off the hook. The Blue Team, however, has made their own bed and, for lack of tremendous surprise, they’re fully ready to lie in it.

So, another day begins to slowly tick by.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting here....reading this when I should be getting ready for work...

Anyway

It doesnt SO bad now that we know the vot-off-ees are down the beach.

Also, just wanted everyone (especially Ais) to see this new picture I found a Will Kemp/Paul- Ruth to self- score!

Edit: After work thoughts:
1.) good lesson to you guys...dont wait!
2.) The clue sounds like something from The Goonies...I didnt say that was bad, did I?

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, sounds like an interesyting challenge on its way .

Poor Paul .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Indeed do, I just got some killer graphics for Sawlynn.

*bounces* Yay!!!!!!

Rocksiren wrote:
Also, just wanted everyone (especially Ais) to see this new picture I found a Will Kemp/Paul- Ruth to self- score!

*jaw drops* Mmm-mmm, GOOOOOOD! Score, indeedy, Ruth!

Awesome ep, Jen! I think my favorite part was the fact that Nikki was the only one who had enough sense to write down the clue on it a Post-it! You go, nonsuckysurreality!Nikki!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another amazing ep, Jen! I love how you write all the characters, especially Warren's momentary dumbness!

Actually, I remember now that I was thinking about your 'Warrenettes' nickname, and the fact that his username is Hobbes. Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool to also be called Hobbettes, and then that lead me into thinking, 'No, because that sounds like Hobbits.'

Ah, the lack of my home PC has turned me slightly crazy. I've started a new fanfic and I've written three and a half pages ***by hand***

Also, I'm thinking of doing a video dedicated to Steph, Aislynn and you, Jen. I'm not giving anything away at the minute as it's still in my head for now, but I'll let ya know if I'm gonna go with it.

Write more soon!

Supernatural Video Station
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“If we were meant to have seen it all, it’d have been up there longer,” Locke speaks up.

Oh my God, it's as if J.J. Abrams actually wrote that line. lol.

Aw, poor Paul and Ruth. Hey, NY and England are only an ocean away. They can still end up together.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a new ep, guys. It isn't going to be the Challenge, yet, and I apologize that it's sort of Claire/Warren/Jen/Jack/Steph/Ruth-centric and NO COLIN, that is NOT some weird sort of OT6 or anything but it's been floating around in my head for a little bit and I wanted to get it in there before I put up the next Challenge.

Ruth -- guhhhh
Warren -- you better believe it!
Ais -- thank you for noticing that!!! I didn't put all kinds of bells and whistles around it, but I was hoping that at least someone would notice that Nikki was the only one with the wherewithall to write it down.
Kay -- Sweet! Let me know for sure! I'm working on more now, and I'll try to get it done and posted soon, I promise
Maria -- thanks for the compliment about my mad JJ Abramsesque skillz Hey, there's also the cast-off island, remember...
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a good "guhhh" or a bad "guhhh"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 27 of 34

Jump to: