Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"by your side" by cylune
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to be sooooooo long in watching! *kicks stupid flu off the tallest roof I can find*

That was truly one of the most beautiful vids I think I've ever seen! There was just such an artistry to it, from the music, the clip choices, to the lyric interpretation, the beat use, the effects, the overlays, just everything combined to make it a lovely, graceful work of art! Bravo bravo! *standing ovation*

I've never tried using the chroma keyer like that but I'm definitely going to give it a try soon! You get such clean and beautiful overlay/split-screen looks like that! *more applause*

I'm sorry this isn't a more technical sort of review but this isn't really a "technical" sort of vid where you notice "oh and at 1:13, there's a white flash!" It's such an emotional vid that you don't have time to take note of every impressive thing because they're all just weaving in and out of each other, winding all of the way through the vid from start to finish.

You did a wonderful job keeping a slow song completely interesting from start to finish (and I LOVE how you made this from Claire's point of view! ). You're very welcome if anything I had to say was in the slightest bit helpful, of course!

*more applause, throws flowers* Beautiful work!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa. Thanks Aislynn!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry this isn't a more technical sort of review but this isn't really a "technical" sort of vid where you notice "oh and at 1:13, there's a white flash!"
I take that as a humongous compliment. I really like playing with special effects but I'm always afraid they're going to be too distracting. I think I found the right balance for this one.

Quote:
I've never tried using the chroma keyer like that but I'm definitely going to give it a try soon! You get such clean and beautiful overlay/split-screen looks like that!
The chroma keyer effect is great and probably my favorite feature in Vegas (with the markers!! I love markers!!!!) I'm surprised it's not used more. I believe it's the best way to do clean split screens!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cinthia~

The past week I have been downloading "tribute" vids and moments of C/C to make a Tribute cd on Charlie. On the last part of the cd I am putting IMO "The 5 Greatest C/C vids" to end the cd with... and I wanted By Your Side to be one of them but I need a new link to download it again.

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheree wrote:
Hey Cinthia~

The past week I have been downloading "tribute" vids and moments of C/C to make a Tribute cd on Charlie. On the last part of the cd I am putting IMO "The 5 Greatest C/C vids" to end the cd with... and I wanted By Your Side to be one of them but I need a new link to download it again.
This is one of the 5???? whoa!!!! Thank you Sheree. (I wish I had Par Avion when I made this vid. Claire standing next to Charlie at the end would have been the perfect way to end it. )

A Charlie tribute CD? What a great idea!! I might do the same.

Here's another download link:

http://www.zshare.net/video/21292519598273/
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cinthia for the link

Quote:
This is one of the 5???? whoa!!!! Thank you

Yup your welcome! ... also Against all Odds made the list too...

Quote:
A Charlie tribute CD? What a great idea!! I might
do the same.

Cool! there has just been alot of talented people making vids on Charlie that I just thought why not make up a cd

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: by your side by cylune Reply with quote

Absolutely beautiful video Cinthia. Very original to focus on Claire's POV and her love for Charlie. Great lyric use and effects.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Pauly! It was nice to pretend that Claire was madly in love with Charlie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: