Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x03 - Further Instructions Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
since when is having a baby a special thing?

ah, when it's a demon baby who's been injected with who-knows-what and desperately wanted by the Others . Not to mention the whole "This baby must be raised by you, or else.... terrible things will happen!"

Quote:
I was having my own Hurley deja vu moments where I actually saw scenes that I needed for my vid, which I thought I'd have to construct, TURN UP IN THE EP as if I'd ordered them!!!! *vidding squee*

LOL congrats

Quote:

This might not be one of my most favoritest Lost eps EVA or anything like that, but I didn't hate it. It kept my attention for the most part and I'd rather see them trying some new things (and maybe thud resoundingly Shocked ) than for them to fall into a generic formula and just do the same show over and over again.

You know, I never thought of it that way, but you're completely right. That makes me feel a lot better about this whole ep.

Quote:

Is it pervy that I was disappointed they wimped out on the "introduction" to the new people that they'd first stated...

You know, truth-be-told I didn't even realize that anythign was happening in Jack's tent until I came here and you guys said so . Those two newbies look more like Rose and Bernard replacements more than anything though, so they don't really need too much of an intro (oh burn!) .

Quote:

Oh well, I guess that would've been too much skin for one show, considering Desmond was running around au naturale for a good part of his scenes...

LOL.
Anyone else feel like the whole beginning of this ep, with Locke waking up and seeing something in the bushes, really reminded them of pilot of season 1? I half expected Vincent to run in at Locke (but instead we got streaking Desmond LOL ). And the ending was kinda remniscient (sp?) of White Rabbit, where Jack jumps in and takes charge of the group, showing his leadership. I must say, I will be much happier if Locke takes a bigger leadership role from here on out, especially if he actually does something (*gasp!*).
I have to hand it to Season 3: the last few eps a lot has happened that we just couldn't expect to see last season. Things have gone so fast, and things are actually changing. I like that.

Btw - thoughts on Desmond's special powers and nakedness :

"Desmond... yes... Desmond the Gray. That is what they used to call me....
I am Desmond the White."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

I am Desmond the White."

Best. Line. Ever.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
mistojen wrote:
I'm just excited that it's an episode in which Sawyer has to put up with the brunt of the Others' nastiness. I get bored with Sawyer really easily, and if Josh Holloway wasn't so darn good looking, I'd pretty much hate everything about Sawyer...

*clutches heart dramatically* I think I just died a tiny little bit there...

...yeah, I'm sorry, twin...I was afraid you might die a little when I said that, but since we're discussing, I might as well be honest. I might not like Sawyer very much, but he IS very nice to look at. VERY, VERY nice to look at. If it makes you feel any better, I never really liked Boone all that much either, because he was a whiny little bitch, but...he was really nice to look at

Quote:
Is it pervy that I was disappointed they wimped out on the "introduction" to the new people that they'd first stated... Come on, that would've been new and different, eh? More than just running and up saying, "This is my line and I'm saying Hurley's name so that you'll believe I've really been here all along!"

I felt the exact same way, so I guess we're both pervy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Warren the music and the shots were identical to the Pilot when Jack woke up. I thought that was a cool moment. I found it funny Desmond replaced Vincent He was also naked like Vincent is hehe

As for Locke becoming leader I think Sayid will have something to say about that and rightfully so. He rocks even if people say his plan sucked. I mean they are the others your plans are always going to look like they sucked if you have to deal with them.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

ah, when it's a demon baby who's been injected with who-knows-what and desperately wanted by the Others . Not to mention the whole "This baby must be raised by you, or else.... terrible things will happen!"

Warren, seriously, you never cease to amuse me. I *heart* you!

Quote:
Anyone else feel like the whole beginning of this ep, with Locke waking up and seeing something in the bushes, really reminded them of pilot of season 1? I half expected Vincent to run in at Locke (but instead we got streaking Desmond LOL ).

SO glad I wasn't the only one. Vincent running in would've been funny because of its similiarity, but streaking Desmond was hotter

Quote:

I am Desmond the White."

Frickin brilliant. I love you That's pretty much the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

I am Desmond the White."

LMAO, I love it!!!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, Im so proud of the forum, this is a really good discussion!

Okay---> uh, when was so and so having sex in Jack's tent??? I had no idea about any of it!

LOL Ais-> "Ill say your name and yours and its like youve been here all along!" the producers couldve given us a little more sex than theyve been (sorry Im sick of the kissing and then leading into soft candlelight).

Also, I felt the polarbear was a little contrived- they were like "we need a danger, something for Eko to be saved FROM....oh yeah, we did have polarbears in the first season, didnt we?". But I did instantly think of Paul

Yeah Boone looked really good. He seemed to want to help John, like an angel or something, but he also seemed a little resentful and pissed...I cant blame him. He was all sexy and confident. I think its funny that even in the afterlife hes still trying to help people.
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

If that baby is suppose to be like "Rosemary's Baby" I will not be a happy camper. Though demonic phenomena would be fun

Quote:
the producers couldve given us a little more sex than theyve been (sorry Im sick of the kissing and then leading into soft candlelight).

"If you give a mouse a cookie..." Come on, they don't want to spoil you just yet. It is after all the beginning of the season

Looks like JJ is pulling something out of the blue like he did with the Rambaldi artifacts on Alias, seeing that Desmond "gained" a special attribute...

Back to this episode: Locke...flashbacks...weed...so not feeling it. Point of episode: Locke seeks/gains redemption = so not executed well.

Can't wait till next episode!!

Good grief, Sawyer showing skin yet again How about showing something we haven't seen...and I'm not talking below the waist mind you.

I'm not too keen on the idea of his environment in the upcoming flashback even though it makes sense and is totally going to be used in some of my vids. Again, hated his obnoxious hommage to Cool Hand Luke just to set up the flashback. If he says "Sorry Boss" again I'm going to cry. All that aside... yay for Sawyer

Being it's Sawyer's flashback (#1 right now until Jack's new, long-delayed flashbacks on something other than marriage/father come) I don't foresee any huge problems. And seeing that the episode will have a healthy portion of each of the "Big 3" it's already my favorite episode so far.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this episode.
I liked it a lot.

That aiport scene was amazing. I don't know if it was just because Boone was in it, but it seemed like we had the old Lost back for a little while, and I really liked that. Because although the last few episodes have been good, it's annoyed me a little how much they seemed to be drifting away from the originality of the show.

Locke's flashbacks were good. That cop was kinda hot. But, I was very confused at the end. I think I may have missed a little bit out or something. Did it really end with Locke not shooting him in the woods? They usually have more of a conclusion than that. I was really confused.

Haha. Nikki and Paulo got the worst entry scene ever. It's like they were just there, complaining about Jack not being there. I've seen non-famous redshirts get way better lines.

Boone was AWESOME. He really was sexy, and he was an even better character than he was alive. I think the scene he was in totally made that episode. Ian Somerhalder's acting was spot on, I loved how 'smug' he seemed, it was great. And he managed to do it in a unannoying way.

I liked the reappearence of the Polar Bear too. I missed it. It was awesome in the Pilot. Although, I was shocked Eko was still alive, it really did rip him up a bit. I loved the part near the end when Eko was speaking to Locke, but when Charlie came back, he was still unconcious. That was creepy. Charlie wasn't as annoying as usual this episode. Although, as some people already pointed out earlier, his haircut was terrible. But he gave a few good lines, and he wasn't all whiny and overly brittish like usual.

Although, I hope they can clear everything up that they threw at us this episode. I'm getting slightly worried that they are giving us way more questions than answers.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont harm the face dont harm the face!!! Or the body...of anybody! Me doesnt like the torture scenes, even though Henry deserved it, it was a bit much...
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I should have been excited about this episode.... it's Locke, for freakin' sakes.... but I wasn't. And I'm not excited now (with the exception of T's performance, which, regardless of how low Lost can possibly go, will still be the same level of quality).

In fact I just didn't like this ep as a whole, and reading other reactions all over Lost boards, I don't think I've ever been more depressed this morning than I've ever been, even in the lowest of season 2. It's almost personal for me, which it shouldn't be.

Sorry to rain on anybody's parade, but does anybody else think that if this keeps up, season 3 is actually worse than season 2? I'm actually starting to miss that season......

sig by IslandofMystery
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NO way, Season 3 in my opinion is a lot better than season 2, but thats just my opinion. Are KC and I alone in the continuity issue? Didnt Charlie also kinda lose his hearing? I thought that wouldve been interesting, the musician that cant hear. But enough of that, I guess...didnt Charlie SEE Eko after the explosion? He helped him out, then just took off?

And yeah, Im with Spiral on this one- the flashbacks made it way more like Season 1, it felt good and familiar. Ill admit I watched some of the scenes from the spoiler beforehand and was actually excited about the episode, which hasnt happened in a long time.

Again, I think Locke's flashbacks wouldve been a lot more poignant in "Do No Harm", the only thing it served was showing Mr. Friendly (sorry I dont remember his name). I thought it was a cult, Locke is gullible enough for that...

How come John didnt recognize Mr. Friendly? When he had the gun to Kate's head??? Did he have the beard on then?
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

How come John didnt recognize Mr. Friendly? When he had the gun to Kate's head??? Did he have the beard on then?

Yeah, he had the beard on.

I don't know.... S3 is just so weird right now. Probably the thing I'm most complaining about is the cinematography. Even S2, not as good as the first, at least kept up a little bit of movie-like, colorful cinematography. Everything in S3 is bleak and dull and.....TV-like.

sig by IslandofMystery
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most with Hobbes, if anyone about this episode...

Im left soo confused! I don't really know how to feel but, lets just say I was expecting more... It's good to see Locke finally standing up and taking lead however it was as if he was forced into it, or maybe i think the directors put in too much of Locke and tried to cram it all up at the last minute to this episodes abrupt ending...(in my opinion). Locke's flashbacks were good I thought, it kept me interested and it was nice to see Locke trying to move on with his life....

But I dont know.. . somehow this episode disconnected me from the LOST world.. (I think I sound like an idiot right now).. It was an okay episode but not what I have come to expect from LOST, and somehow I believe they are ruining the character Locke on the show... he was once "the great and mysterious one"

THe things I did like in this episode are:
1) The premonition was AWESOME(Only if the rest of the episode was that freaky and awesome, oh and loved seeing Boone again)
2)I actually digged the Deja Vu thing, and Desmond's new found power! he deserves it if anyone does...
3)I love polar bears, but especially ones on this show, they are soo nasty and have supernatural powers bwahahahha!!!

That's about it though, if you ask me if I thought the episode was good I wouldn't have an answer, because I'm left too confused to answer.
Oh and I am probably one of the few here who is not looking forward to next week's episode, it just does not appeal to me

Oh and Hobbes, I think I know how you feel and I'm with you pal. (If that even helps just a little )
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harpreetd wrote:
somehow I believe they are ruining the character Locke on the show...

NAILED IT!!! Sorry, I've been going through bouts of crazy depression ever since I got up this morning and Lost is why. This is terrible, that a Locke episode would be such a bad episode and the writers are starting to make everybody tired of Locke. I think most of what they've been trying to do with him in this episode was executed poorly. I don't know if I can even get through my day with this..... haven't so far.

This episode stuff has been a nightmare.

sig by IslandofMystery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: