Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x22 Through The Looking Glass Season Finale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They certainly are KC! They are spying on us. Remember when we all said that a while back! Its not a far fetched idea but jeez! That was just too close to your story!

heh, KC you always have the best ideas!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Spoiler:

sorry guys about Charlie, he died a Heroes death though. saving Desmond. Im sorry mistojen that your going to stop watching. i really hope though they stay on the island.

Yeah, he did; I was glad for that, at least. In any case, I'd been wanting to quit watching since "I Do" but Lost Wednesday is the only time I get to spend with my best friend since we're both so busy Dunno what we're gonna do til Supernatural gets going again...we're doing SPN Thursdays next year, instead.

ETA: ...is it just me or does my text look ridiculously large for no reason at all...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just you Jen. That's weird!

I will probably have REAL comments tomorrow after I've seen the first half of the episode.

But regarding Charlie's death. It was so incredibly moving. And the fact that he locked Desmond out. That was just, oh, Charlie! I never EVER thought I'd say that but here I am saying it.

LOST PWNS.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yeah, Cin. Me too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Charlie. You were a good person. I'll miss you.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it coming ^_^ but it was amazing Kate is so with Sawyer/James. I reckon Locke is the one who was in the coffin. And of course the scene after will be the start of the movie franchise of them going back to the island

Sorry Cinthia about Charlie but it was the best way to go out saving everybody and it was well done. I am just happy Sayid and Jin weren't killed! *hugs*
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, awesome episode!!!

for Charlie!

Now the looooooooooong wait begins...........
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I........I.......I just.............I just can't. I can't. I can't hate Jack anymore. Even from the very first flashback. Snap.

*slowly puts down wielded remote*

And besides that, Sayid's foot-to-head adjustment is enough to give this whole finale a 10. We were cheering so hard at that point.

OWN BEN!!!!!!!!1111!!!1 YES!!!!!! Dragging him around and tying him up....he looked SO much like Gollum. It's undeniable.

But most of all I'm relieved that Locke's not made out to be the bad guy, along with the Others. He was right and Jack knew it in the flash-forward thingie. But if Locke's not a killer, then WHY THE HELL DID HE SHOOT NAOMI??? Is it okay because she's one of the really bad ones who are threatening the island itself? Because that would be the only way to justify it.

I can't say much more tonight, but it's an absolute obligation to give MAJOR PROPS to Matthew Fox. Everyone talked about how good of an actor he was and I just shrugged and rode with it, but this time he got me pegged. Wow. What an actor. He deserves like a standing ovation after that. And this might be the best Jackback since White Rabbit.

Not to mention Dom and Ian were fantastic too. Everyone was. Naturally. They really stepped up to the plate in this one.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW!!

Lost has never been as good as it is right now

Charlie - wow, you Selfless Bastard. I'm scared to say that in this ep he just about jumped to my number one spot. Wow, locking Desmond out and everything too? I mean, he had a chance to make it out alive still by riding the wave down, then swimming up to the surface (with the dive gear even) with Desmond. AND he could have swam out of the porthole instead of telling Desmond about the boat (thus possibly saving Claire and the others later). But I think more than anything he knew he was going to die, and he wanted it to be as meaningful as possible. Well, right there was meaningful indeed. Dom'll be getting some pats on the back from the other dead losties over that one.

Flashforward - OGM! I called it, I TOTALLY CALLED IT, since we saw Jack with the beard. Poor guy... wow.
In my mind, the mystery people fall like this: John was the one in the casket - no friends or family, and he stirred feelings in Jack about how they weren't meant to leave the island - which is what Locke said right before the "beginning of the end". Though I do think they intentionally left it ambiguous just for those Jawyer shippers out there LMAO.
As for Kate's husband (or significant Other), I'm guessing Sawyer due to the fact Kate is probably pregnant and that seems like a likely thing - and just goes to show how the whole Jate Skate thing will NEVER end LOL! If it's not him, then I'm guessing some other guy we don't know (possibly a rich guy?) due to the way Kate was all dolled up, and how she probably didn't want any reminders of whatever happened on the island. But who knows.
Also, seeing as how the rules of time travel aren't being played with here, unlike Heroes and every other sci fi show lol... I think this flashforward reflects the ACTUAL future. As in, they WILL get off the island, but what it takes for them to leave - or what makes them want to stay - is the real question that comes up here (as well as "who decides to leave"). Very interesting.

LMAO Jawyer - it is SO getting more and more canon. This is getting scary! They don't just insert those lines into a show starving for air time like that easily. There was a point to those words!

Speaking of things having a point, it felt good when Hurley came with his car and saved the beachies. You rule Hurley - and so does the car lol.
I so totally believed Sayid, Jin and Bernard (might) be dead. Which is sad for me I guess... but still. That was an amazing scene - yes, punch his Gollum face in Jack!!! SATISFYING!!!
(oh, and Sayid killing that guy with only his feet was so pro.)

Listen Ben, you little moron. If it means THAT FREAKING MUCH to you, just TELL Jack something instead of using your goddamn cryptic talk. That was TOTAL "writers not wanting to reveal anything" right there. No way Ben is that stupid as to not give Jack SOMETHING. Jack had no other choice, he couldn't trust Ben and he was given no other information.

Almost forgot about Sawyer. I'm sorry Ais & co for your probable mourning Sawyerus's return (get it? Like Angelus? Oh nm). Oh well, it was gonna come sooner or later... but why did he have to kill Tom? I love Tom! He could have told him all about his times Throwing the Football around with Jack!
(LMAO)

I gotta admit though, "that's for taking the kid off the raft" was a pretty sweet line. Ya shouldn'ta done that. He's just a boi.
Poor little feller.

Hmmm... what else...

lol you know what? Charlie > Desmond. Desmond has bugged me ever since he got his little powers. Not as much as Charlie used to, mind you, but it seems as Charlie has been getting less annoying, Desmond has been getting more annoying. It's like they're linearly related .
Here's hoping trading Charlie for Desmond at least opened up some interesting storylines. But I kinda doubt it. Unless Sawyer hooks up with Claire... but that probably won't happen now that he's all emo. Ug.
Oh Lost, don't make his death pointless. You've angered plenty of people over it already, so you better at least do something about it.
(start by giving Claire an ep of her own and stop making her a backdrop. I want EMOTION people!)

Here's a thought that has nothing to do with this ep: what if, after Michael and Walt sailed off into the distance, Ben sent someone to follow them with the submarine and sunk them? He doesn't want anyone getting off the island... so... hmmm... That would be interesting.

Locke - he lives!!! Man, scary to think he could have died in a smelly old heap of Dharma bodies. No way - he's going out with a bang!
And that was sorta close to one. Naomi had to die huh Locke? Heheh.
I have a feeling he had no idea WHY he had to stop Jack, but just was "supposed to". Interesting. I must say, I'm a believer. They can't leave the island. They must follow Jacob's words! (future Jack even says so!)

DAMMIT BERNARD! Remind me to never let you on the A-team again. Or at least, if you're gonna shamelessly give up your family and friends, lie about it and say "they're going to the black rock", or at least give a bit less information... I know you're not Rambo, but you're not "Jimmy the Squealer" (Simpsons) either.

Blondie from the hatch is TOTALLY that little girl from Ben's flashbacks. I wish they would have proved I was right though... *sigh*

lol Beejees. A job for Charlie indeed.

Oh Mikai, is there nothing that can kill you? He is so totally gonna live through this, and end up coming at the losties in a helicopter or something. Like that annoying Magikoopa minion of Bowser's in Mario. Heh.

Why are people still following Ben? Please please please go back to the Others camp and become their leader Locke.

Alex and Danielle's reunion wasn't as memorable as I thought it would be. Oh well, still great.

Wow, the radio station is all the Losties have left now huh? I guess next season is the ghost and zombie season. Or the "ancient stuff" season anywhoo.

Kate - LMAO at the Jacket kiss and the Sawyer "I don't want to be around her" thing at the same time. BURN!
But they turned that around, which is right. Jack just doesn't want to get involved with her anymore and/or doesn't think he deserves her, so he's letting her be with Sawyer, who also doesn't feel like he deserves her (anymore) and doesn't want to hurt her in his new murderous rampage lol.
Still, so much for the "I love you" moment heheh. Man, you shippers are too easy - will you ever learn not to expect these sorts to things to come without strings?

DS - yes, Foxy ruled this ep, as did everyone. You know how it used to be that if you were a TV actor, you were like scum compared to a movie actor? Well, that may be true today too, but it really shouldn't be. This show is A-FREAKING-MAZING.

(on a good day).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, did anyone else think that Charlie's death was pointless? Let's do the math. Room is flooding, Charlie shuts door to save Desmond? Why? He already flipped the little switch thing and Desmond has to swim up to the surface anyways. That facility, from the looks of it, was quite wide so it would have taken a while for it to fill, by then they could have both swam to the surface. Was it Charlie accepting his fate? If Desmond never told him how he was going to die, would Charlie have run out the door and closed it behind him, thus telling Desmond what he learned? The water rushing in would have sealed the door just as well as Charlie did from the inside.

I really, really did not want Charlie to die. Strange how 2 episodes can change a grudge against him. They Killed Mr. Friendly!!!!!!!!! NOOOO!!!!! Did Mikhail die "again?" Good grief. I still like him.

By the way, whoever said Locke killed Naomi with a bullet is wrong. It was his handy-dandy knife to the back of her head. Freakin' sweet.

Jack, drugs and suicidal? Me likey lots Foxy rocks my socks.

Woot! for Jawyer treats, though I didn't catch some that you peeps are mentioning I'll watch it again tomorrow... I have time until the 4th season

As much as I liked this season, I'm still mad that there is a significant imbalance of answers to questions. Do we know why Jack's dad's body was missing from the coffin? Was I just stupid and never saw the answer? That's something I personally have been waiting to know about.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Jack just doesn't want to get involved with her anymore and doesn't think he deserves her, so he's letting her be with Sawyer, who also doesn't feel like he deserves her (anymore) and doesn't want to hurt her in his new murderous rampage lol
Still, so much for the "I love you" moment heheh. Man, you shippers are too easy - will you ever learn not to expect these sorts to things to come without strings?

Woah, there's another thought- Jack was man enough to take the route of "If you really love her, let her go." Awesome.

Quote:
DS - yes, Foxy ruled this ep, as did everyone. You know how it used to be that if you were a TV actor, you were like scum compared to a movie actor? Well, that may be true today too, but it really shouldn't be. This show is A-FREAKING-MAZING.

(on a good day).

I've always noticed how funny it is, on a similar but slightly off-topic note, that movies are constantly known only for their directors and TV shows are constantly known only for their writers... like a lingering distinction that TV can't look quality like movies can. Maybe Lost is a show that could change that. Jack Bender did a fantastic job on this ep. He's done almost all the best eps of Lost, and you can pick it up visually right from the first couple seconds. He has a really wholesome, movie-like directing style that made me fall in love with Lost in the first place.

But, one thing I've got to admit is my very initial reaction to the big snake in the mailbox. When Kate and Jack met up, I was confused a lot and then I was going 'oh, they're in the future. Here it is....the big game changer's coming up. They're gonna explain everything in the most WTF way you never saw coming- hopefully." and I kept waiting.....and waiting..... after the airplane sailed I was expecting it to get to the next scene where they show the big jaw-dropper.....and just LOST. I was dumbstruck. I couldn't comprehend for minutes afterwards that what they just showed was it. And that we had to wait 9 months now. Maybe I'll wrap my head around it more when I give myself a few days to 9 months. It is obviously a flash-forward, but hopefully a future that will be changed. Drastically. That would be the most depressing ending ever. I just had this "what was that? So what? Is that? It?" reaction.

One thing that I regret though is getting into all the hype about this finale. Like the Jack/Locke "showdown" that supposedly fans had been waiting for for so long.....naahhh....I had a little something else in mind. They haven't come anywhere near to full-circle yet. But I have hopes for what's coming down the road. A few years. And somehow I got the impression before the ep by sources that Locke would have a major part in the finale. Well, he slightly did, but only impeded on what Jack was going to do anyway, and it didn't change him. He had like two small scenes. But they were damn good ones at that. The suicide/Walt scene was just beautiful. It's just really weird that this is the first finale that Locke was set on the back-burner and didn't get much screentime at all. But I'm burning out on him anyway. This happens when I get way too hardcore obsessed for my own good...it breaks. Suddenly all the other characters, especially Juliet, Sayid, Jin and Jack, are really really interesting to me, and Locke's starting to get a little tiresome. I've got 9 good long months to go away, refresh and then proceed loving him.

Any of that aside, there's no denying that this episode was gold. I'm glad that of all TV shows they're making right now I've stuck with Lost. It always comes out miles on top, despite adversities.

sig by IslandofMystery
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still very upset this morning. I've read some interviews about Charlie's death and it seems like they didn't know if they were going to kill him until the time they were writing 'The Brig'. Seems like they couldn't find a way to get out of this death prophecy thing. So Charlie's death can be blamed on the lack of creativity of the writers. Or lack of efforts trying to find a way out.

And a sad part is that Dom really didn't want to go. He loved Hawaii. I'm so sad for him too... I started watching because of Dom and I know a lot of people did that too. The writers just didn't feel they could find new material for Charlie for storylines and said that his story was just over. *sigh* But seriously, who's story is still fresh on the show??? How many times do we have to sit through one of Sawyer's con or Jack wanting to fix people and Kate on the run? I thought that Charlie had the freshest flashback potential with us knowing very little about his parents, about his mom and how she died, his scary butcher daddy, etc. There's always a way to find new storylines for characters if you're willing to make the efforts. They just didn't care about Charlie enough to bother. In a interview, Damon and Carlton said that their favorite characters are Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Hurley. That's why we're seeing the triangle, quadrangle pushed down our throat. I'm really sick of it... Appart from Hurley, I find those characters so unreal that I just can't identify with them.

C/C shippers got puked on this year. We got next to nothing in terms of relationship development. Claire was barely seen onscreen (and did you see her in the finale? blink and you missed her). I got pratically nothing for a new C/C video... not that I would want to make one anyway. It would brake my heart.

Here's a post by a good friend of mine that pretty much sums up what I'm feeling.

Quote:
Typical Darlton episode. Lots of action, lots of twists, lots of butt-kicking…but very little emotional satisfaction. Say what you like about Eddie and Adam, but at least those guys have heart. Darlton just give us melodramas.

If they were real people, I would not like Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Juliet or Ben as human beings. They have also worn thin on me as characters. These characters leave me cold. I don’t relate to them. I don’t feel invested in them or endeared to them. I don’t even find them very believable (the writers fault, not the actors).

The tedious love triangle/quantrangle continues to drag the show down to a trashy expendable soap opera level. It truly saddens me that they chose to preserve this good guy/hot chick/bad boy crud and destroy the sweet purity of the Charlie/Claire/Aaron family unit. The writers really created something beautiful, sincere and sacred with their little CCA trinity. What a tragic waste.

Speaking of the death of innocence, Hurley is now a killer. Sorry but I did not enjoy seeing Hurley being heroic in that way, even if it was killing in defence of his friends. Hurley was the one pure-hearted character left. I didn’t want to see him resorting to violence and murder. I wanted our Hurley to stay soft and fuzzy through until the end. But how can we expect Hurley to remain upbeat when they have killed his girlfriend and his best mate? Seeing Hurley turn hard is not enjoyable but realistically that is how Hurley must be developed I suppose.

I guess you could say Claire is still pure. You could also say Claire is a limp vapid character who showed little concern for the man who went off to die for her. Claire is barely a presence on the show these days. I sincerely hope that Claire and Aaron are taken away to safety on a helicopter so Charlie didn’t die for nothing. Let Emilie go if you're not going to use her. Don’t keep her in the show if she is just a glorified extra. Sun and Jin are almost in the same bracket. It’s hard to care about these characters when they are so sidelined.

Sayid and Desmond are the only characters holding my interest now. If I ever watch Lost again I will just be tuning in for the Sayid and Desmond eppys. I want to root for these guys, but I fear that I will only get burned again. I’m sure Sayid will be killed off pretty soon and Desmond’s life just keeps getting grimmer.

Charlie’s death? HURTS.

Charlie, all Christ-like, lays down his life for the salvation of the Lostees. And he is beaten and taunted before he is killed. All the religious symbolism the writers have used tempted me to think Charlie might be spared like Isaac or resurrected like Jesus. But no. There is no salvation for the brave young man who sacrifices himself for the love of a mother and her baby. Salvation is instead gifted to the selfish old git who manipulates another man into murdering his father, stabs a girl in the back and has been systematically destroying all chances of a rescue.

Charlie’s death was cruel too. We thought Paulo and Nikki’s deaths were nasty. Charlie suffered the aqua equivalent of being buried alive. If that wasn’t harsh enough he wasn’t even allowed to spend his final moments feeling triumphant about bringing his friends rescue. He had to spend his final moments frantically telling Desmond that the rescue he was dying for might all be a big con. Or maybe not (?) It seems Jack and Kate got away at least. Instead of being grateful for Charlie’s sacrifice, Jack wants to squander it and go back to the island for more punishment. How insulting. If these characters have an opportunity to be safe in the real world, but go back to the island of their own choice I don’t see any reason why I should sympathise with them.

Guess what? We are all prisoners of fate! If there is no hope and redemption for Charlie then what hope is there for any of us? Charlie was the most human character of all. I loved him. How are we supposed to follow Jack as our so-called hero for three more seasons when the true hero of Lost has been killed off?

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cin, your friend has summed up my feelings on Charlie's death and the rest of the show to a T! I'm totally feeling the same way. Charlie's death is going to be a waste and that hurts a lot.

And xgene...you're not alone; I think he could've gotten out of there, too and he and Desmond could've gotten out alive just fine, had he shut the door from the outside the same way he did from the inside. Pointless, painful, and for a waste, it looks like. I'm over Lost. Entirely.
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune I agree with most of the parts of your friends post. Especially the family unit being dismembered. I do not agree with the topic of Jack "squandering" his opportunity or that the "real" hero died.

As Ben was stating to Jack; Jack has nothing to go home to. But Jack again serves the self interest of the entire group. Again, we've seen this habit since the first season. So the "flashforwards" in this episode make sense as he is struggling to cope with a world that basically has nothing left to offer him. So Jack, at the cost of his own self benefit, becomes a sufferee.

The point is, Jack would have benefitted from staying on the island but he believed that the group being rescued was the right thing to do. He did something similar with the whole Kate and Sawyer thing this season. So I, unlike your friend, feel that it is easy to sympathize with Jack.

While Jack may not have given his life like Charlie did, he still has put others before his own self interest quite a few times throughout the seasons.

None of this is to demean Charlie. My only gripe is that Charlie was "stupid" (for lack of better words) to not do what I said he should in my previous post. Again, he was probably influenced by the knowledge of what Desmond told him. His death had meaning, that was good. But how he died was not credible.

***This is my take: they weren't meant to be saved because they all had issues to work out before they could be saved (sort of like rehab). This obviously shows in Jack's p.o.v. for this ep

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: