Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x10 - Tricia Tanaka is Dead Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I'm kinda getting sick of people saying season 1 was so great. Kinda REALLY getting sick of it. The first half of it (pre-Ethan) was just good because we were discovering the characters, then the hatch and the Claire thing happened, then Ethan was killed. Then the rest of the season was... well, all it really was was Boone dying followed by some filler until the finale. There were no little "lets hang around and play in the jungle!" moment in that whole season (unless you count Sayid's first ep, where they played golf WHILE HE WAS TORTURED).
The first season wasn't so great, it was just the beginning of an awesome show. People remember it way more fondly than is necessary in my opinion, or at least think today's episodes are way worse than they should .

If that was in response to my post, let me make it clear. I just said that it felt like it belonged in another season (for me season 1) and other people I believe are saying it was like going back to season 1 with some of the elements...at least that's the impression I got. I felt it was a distraction in sorts from advancing anything in season 3, thus my frustration.

Anyone notice that when Kate was "hiding" from her followers (Locke and Sayid) that she had a torch, so ducking wouldn't exactly help as you are holding something giving off light and your position... maybe I need to see that again

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I'm not one, as you all WELL know, to praise an episode lately, but I really did like this one because it was a break from all the action that felt to me more forced upon us. I feel like the action in Seasons One and Two was something they provided and we ate it up without a second thought...where as I feel like the action thus far this season is kind of being forced down our throats. But...that's just me. I enjoyed the break from all that, plus...minimal Kate, for me, is always good, and I MISSED the Hurley/Charlie platonic dynamic as well as the Jin/Sawyer platonic dynamic. Nikki and Paulo didn't even bother me all that much, to be honest, because I missed the beach people so much.

Hobbes wrote:

The first season wasn't so great, it was just the beginning of an awesome show.

Okay, this is a matter of opinion per each person, but here's the reasons why I like Season One the best, still:

1.) Season Two versions of all of the characters went totally off-kilter in my eyes. The Man of Faith/Man of Science stuff got really old really fast. Shannon suddenly has a heart?! (don't get me wrong, I LOVED that character change, but it was still weird) Sayid goes postal, Claire is transparent, Charlie turns into a TOTAL ass**** and Michael goes COMPLETELY insane. PS, thanks for only including Walt in like two or three episodes. Awesome

2.) The flashbacks in Season One gave little tidbits into everyone's lives and while they were necessary to develop the characters, they were interesting, as well. In Season Two, I felt like the flashbacks were mostly pretty boring and a little more poorly thought out than in Season One, but again that's just MY opinion. My biggest quibble with the flashbacks from the second and third seasons are that in Season One, the flashbacks seemed to be built around the present day and the second and third seasons felt like their present day was based around the flashback. Seems odd to me. The flashbacks in Season Three are just becoming either repetitive or totally strange. 3x06--omgwtf Kate runs away from a problem? No way! 3x08--Desmond has deju vu...wow...if the Island wasn't already completely nutty, NOW it is. Can Sun perform telekenisis and Sawyer also fly?!

3.) I'm probably completely alone on this one...but I hate the Others. I don't really know why, so I'm not going to try to give a BS reason behind my feelings; I just don't like them, Ben and Alex being exceptions. I most especially can't stand Juliet, and I couldn't explain why if you paid me, because I don't have a clue...I just...don't.

...so...

*ducks and covers*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mix feelings about this episode

i loved the funness of this episode with hurley, jin, charlie and sawyer. I thought that was fun and nice to watch.

I wasn't very happy with the skate scene but i'm glad that sawyer has stayed to himself because i think that if he did say sorry then that would completely change his character.

I also liked how Sawyer was helping Jin to talk english and the word's I'm Sorry came in i was like yeah sawyer needs to say that to kate.

I liked the ending to this episode with Jin, Sun, Charlie, Claire and Sawyer and there was Jin going over to Sun and then Charlie going over to Claire and sawyer just had his beer and it looked like he was sad because he wanted to find Kate but she was off looking for Jack and Sawyer just had his beer to keep him company.

And thats its for my essay of what i thought
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice essay on the skateness
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe yeah well i'm a true skater

gonna add more later cause i'm in ict at the moment
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I totally effing loved this ep!

It made such a wonderful refreshing change to watching Jack shouting and Kate and Sawyer bickering. I liked all that at first and all but it really started to get annoying after a while!

And I've missed the beach people! Nice to see them again!
Especially Hurley! Loved the Hurley, Jin, Sawyer and Charlie scenes with the van! Awesome!

You can't go wrong with a Hurley ep!

And Yey Crazy French Chick's back!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we keep this as a discussion about the episode rather than discussing whether season 1 was good or not?

Anyways, the episode. Was really good actually, enjoyed it. Great to see the others down there on the beach, Hurley-Charlie the old partnership finally doing something, Jin in there and Sawyer doing something without Kate for the first time in a while (obviously). Hurley's flashbacks were good, great to see a side of character totally new since his father was never mentionned (or barely ever).
The Sawyer-Jin drinking was great fun, nice little addition without being stupid. I have to say when I first read about Hurley finding a car I thought/feared it'd be stupid or pointless, but it wasn't. Great stuff, and yanking Charlie and Sawyer about was ace "Oh that's just Roger" was funny.
Hurley with Libby at the beginning was lovely, since she's not been mentionned and we've not seen Hurley mention her since the end of last season.
When they were going down the hill was brilliant, and then when it worked just put a great big smile on my face <- see. Great feel good fun in there, love it. So I'm interested in the beach again now, episode with the lads, and Vincent! Riding round in the VW camper was just great, love it.
Knew Kate would go out for Rousseau, just wait and see what the plan is from there. They won't rescue Jack for a while though I'm sure.

But yeah, put my faith back in the beach as it kinda had to. As I think a lot of other people were feeling over this it was a sink-or-swim episode for the beach characters.
Shame faggy Paulo was there really, but at least him and Nikki didn't get involved this time, saved the episode

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right

Last edited by Noj on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say Yey for Vincent being back too!

Noj wrote:

But yeah, put my faith back in the beach as it kinda had to. As I think a lot of other people were feeling over this it was a sink-or-swim episode for the beach characters.
Shame faggy Paulo was there really, but at least him and Nikki didn't get involved this time, saved the episode

The beach characters have had a really raw deal the season. Hopefully now they'll get a little more attention. Now that they've proved that can do a great ep!

One question though: How the hell had no-one found the car yet?
It can't have been that far if Hurley ran to it from the beach!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
I forgot to say Yey for Vincent being back too!

Noj wrote:

The beach characters have had a really raw deal the season. Hopefully now they'll get a little more attention. Now that they've proved that can do a great ep!

One question though: How the hell had no-one found the car yet?
It can't have been that far if Hurley ran to it from the beach!

If in doubt, blame it on the mystery island

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe that damn mystery Island!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikki/paolo=otp
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think one of the best lines of this eppy was

Sawyer "whats your problem jumbo trunk"
Hurley "shut up red neck man"
Sawyer "touche"

haha that was just hilarious
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode. I thought it was a bit better thn last weeks - and I realised how much i'd missed Hurley! I thought the ending was good, and good ol' Sawyer is back, sitting on his own staring out into the sea. Thats how I like Sawyer best Was this the episode that, according to the ABC promo, if we missed it we would not know what everyone is talking about the next morning? Cos it was good but nothing like, mind blowing. Maybe I just got the wrong promo. Oh and who else thought that Hurley was gonna like, commit suicide when he was driving the car down the hill with Charlie? I thought for a sec, that that's the only way he thought he could remove the curse, but then he turned. Phew!

Overall, good ep. Hurley makes everything better!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
On a small note it was nice to see Desmond and Sawyer in the same scene together. Two of my favourites meet at last

lol I thought the same thing, it was not a long scene, but at least it actually happened .. I want more Sawyer/Des in the future

I really liked the eppy, it was nice to see some positivity after the whole "dark" others captivity...

Love Jin/Sawyer scene with "three things that you must tell a women"...well as a girl I can tell Sawyer know what he is talking about That's why all women falling for him, he can find the right words for us

Totally did't expect comet in flashback kinda unreal thing I think But it Lost

Oh and Sayid line about “Because of the way the sunlight hit Mr. Eko’s stick when John was burying him.”

pricelless I died laughing, and than Locke look at him was like "whatever Sayid"
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED THAT
it was so cute! But that kid so didn't look like hurley
The libby bit was uber-sweet!!!!!
Then I loved the finding of the car and Sun only speaking to Jin in english, hehe!
I also loved the sawyer/jin/hurley (then charlie) with the car. The whole thing made me smile!!
But i didn't like the flashbacks at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: