Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably restarts cause it overheats. I use a program called cpuidle which cools your computer down by 10 degrees and maintains system stability.

http://www.cpuidle.de/

Try not to run too many programs while editing in Vegas. I always shut down any non essentiel ones when I vid.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I shut down stuff like limewire and iTunes. But my computer is a total retard. Its like an OAP computer.

Ahh well. It's only some of the time it goes slow. Most of the time its a good little computer. I'm too hard on it

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposting PM I sent to aislynn:

PROBLEM!
Vegas 7.0, when I try to render, it gets what seems like perpetually stuck at around three percent. and the "estimated" download time continues to climb and climb and climb and climb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even when I chose something INSANE like 50 kbps!

I have no idea how to fix this or what is wrong! I have shut it down and opening it back up. I made sure nothing else was hogging up my processor. I shut the computer down and brought it back up. I checked the render setitngs over and over (and as I said, even tried rendering in 50 kpbs), I UNINSTALLED vegas and then REINSTALLED IT!

*cries*
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of Vegas 7 do you have? How long have you been using it and did you have any problems with it before your current project?

I had a lot of trouble with Vegas 7.0a... it was a really pain!! My computer was crashing every single time (!!) I tried to work with Vegas and I never ever had these problems with Vegas 6. I then upgraded it to Vegas 7.0b and now, it's working just fine.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how to mirror a clip horizontal but not how the mirror right is on the mirror options
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Hope that makes sense!

Last edited by Aislynn on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thanks you know so much
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! And believe me, I've had to ask about all of this stuff, too! Vegas kinda hides this effect a bit since the one that says Mirror in the effects tab isn't anything at all like mirroring a clip!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know its not as simple as WMM just keep changing my mind for what i want for my next video

its gone from a horror trailer to aPB&J video to a clocke video to now an esemble video
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had trouble with it crashing, if anything it's been easier to work with than 6.0. It was the render time. And it just "suddenly" happened in the middle of creating my Monsters vid. I'd already rendered a full three minutes with no trouble. It just spontaneously happened. I have a theory it was the .veg file or some other minor glitch. I think I'll throw somerandom clips up andtry to render today to see if thattheory is right.

I ended up having to break the vid down in about 15 or so smaller pieces, rendering them in HD first to preserve the quality, and then putting them into their own timeline to render. This took FOREVER. Seriously. You guys don't wanna know how long I spent "rendering" that. One 5 second clip took 10 minutes to render in HD! Some went more quickly than others. I think the sequence in the middle in the rain from I DO took 30 minutes or more to render by itself.

Once I got the rendered pieces put together it rendered much more quickly. Weird!

If it turns out not to be the file/s itself and just a issue with vegas. I'll probably consider upgrading to 7.0b like you said.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look and apparently 7.0d is avaliable on some sites o.o I am gonna try and get that. Hopefully it will fix the reverse problem.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i have a question. i just started using the software so im a little hazzy on some stuff. my question is how do i turn all the sound off but make some cuts have sound. for instance on the last video i made i wanted to have a character say somthing, but the only way i could do that was to have every cut have sound. i think you et my point... please help!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
hey i have a question. i just started using the software so im a little hazzy on some stuff. my question is how do i turn all the sound off but make some cuts have sound. for instance on the last video i made i wanted to have a character say somthing, but the only way i could do that was to have every cut have sound. i think you et my point... please help!

Hey! I think your problem might be you have ignore event grouping set to off. There's an icon by that name on the taskbar, 5th one down. Switch it on and you should be able to just delete the audio from clips.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
wolffootball37 wrote:

Hey! I think your problem might be you have ignore event grouping set to off. There's an icon by that name on the taskbar, 5th one down. Switch it on and you should be able to just delete the audio from clips.

thanks polarbear, i greatly appreciate it!
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry posting agin. how do i put a video image on anouther video, like i want there to be like hurley watching the t.v. or ben watching his monoter and have other scenes on the screen as if there watching that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 15 of 53

Jump to: