Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I downloaded the new DivX codec and it seems to be working fine now. I don't know if this has to do with the new WMP or if it has to do with the divX codec being updated recently. No clue. Either way it's fixed.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got suckered into taking the new WMP and I haven't been able to stream anything from zshare since! However, I never did have very good luck streaming from zshare (and if the vid there is in AVI form then it always crashes my browser ) so I just go ahead and download everything without trying to stream it.

I really don't like the new WMP very much, though. Almost everything that I liked about the previous version is gone in this one, making it take longer and be more of an effort just to play my favorite playlists, etc. *pouts*

I'm really glad you got the problem solved, though, KC! Whew!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zShare was awesome for me actually. I was able to use it all the time. It was one of my favorite filesharing thingamabobbers (yeah) to use. *pout*
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This probably isn't even something you can achieve on Vegas without some serious cookie-cuttering or something, but how do you get the main person in a clip to freeze and then fade out, leaving only the background of the clip? Paul used it near the beginning of his Boys of Summer vid and Kaja used it various times in her Starlight vid. I'd be really interested to know how to do it - is it an Adobe Premier thing or something?

Supernatural Video Station
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
This probably isn't even something you can achieve on Vegas without some serious cookie-cuttering or something, but how do you get the main person in a clip to freeze and then fade out, leaving only the background of the clip? Paul used it near the beginning of his Boys of Summer vid and Kaja used it various times in her Starlight vid. I'd be really interested to know how to do it - is it an Adobe Premier thing or something?

You just take a snapshot of the last frame of the clip with vegas then open it up in photoshop and rub out the people and put the background in. It is a lot easier if you have a clip where you can replace the background straight if it is shown without the people in it and then you can fade the two pics in Vegas quickly so it looks like people are fading out. Hope that made sense!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's really simple. You could even do it in WMM.
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
You just take a snapshot of the last frame of the clip with vegas then open it up in photoshop and rub out the people and put the background in. It is a lot easier if you have a clip where you can replace the background straight if it is shown without the people in it and then you can fade the two pics in Vegas quickly so it looks like people are fading out. Hope that made sense!

Is that it? I thought it was some big flashy thing that you can only do with Adobe or something! Heehee. I'll definitely be using this effect in my Supernatural video now!

LostFreakJ
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
LostFreakJ wrote:
Not a problem, just something I need to know:

How do you do the voices that sound like an echo? I'm going away for a week without Internet, but I can take my laptop with me so I'm going to work on 5 vid ideas I want to work out. I probably am gonna use that effect. So if someone could say it to me...?

Heehee, like mistojen said, I don't really come in this thread all that much unless I get really stuck with Vegas and get like this

Anyways, the echo effect is pretty easy to achieve. The way I do it always achieves the best result for me, so here goes:

1. Right-click on the clip you want to put the echo effect on.
2. Click on 'Assign Non Real-Time Event FX'
3. When the window pops up, click on 'Sony ExpressFX Reverb'
4. Another little window will pop up. In the white drop-down menu, select 'Deep Hall'
5. Set the two levels below it to 75% and 100%
6. Click OK and save the .wav file.
7. It puts the .wav file straight into your project, so you don't need to faff around with importing it.
8. Because of the echo lasting quite a while, you'll need to drag the end of the audio clip along until both the 'peak lines' are completely flat, then it won't sound awkward when it cuts out, it just fades away to nothing.

Hope this has helped, sorry I didn't reply sooner!

I forgot my question myself. So much thanks for answering! It really helped me!

No credit needed - icon & sig both made by me.
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostFreakJ wrote:
I forgot my question myself. So much thanks for answering! It really helped me!

That's OK, glad I could help!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AP for the echo sounds tip! I need this for my next video and had no clue how to do it in Vegas.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Thanks AP for the echo sounds tip! I need this for my next video and had no clue how to do it in Vegas.

No probs! Glad to be of help. Thank you for replying so quickly to my other post in Self Help too

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY freaking out.

I just installed Vegas. It seemed to be working fine until I did something I was probably not supposed to do. Now it's working like WMM. The video won't play in the preview and all it does is freeze until I do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to find out that it's not responding. Holding down the left button on the mouse, I tried to do the sub-create slip but it doesn't work since a little rectangle indicating the section I chose doesn't come up.

If anyone can help, I'd appeciate it. I can't believe I already broke my Vegas.

And if no one can help, can someone at least tell me how to uninstall the program.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
I just installed Vegas. It seemed to be working fine until I did something I was probably not supposed to do.

What was it that you did?

It probably just needs a reinstall. Go to the control panel from the start menu in XP and choose add/remove programs. Find Sony Vegas in the list and Sony Media Manager and uninstall them. Then reinstall. Good luck!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
PsychoCynic wrote:
I just installed Vegas. It seemed to be working fine until I did something I was probably not supposed to do.

What was it that you did?

It probably just needs a reinstall. Go to the control panel from the start menu in XP and choose add/remove programs. Find Sony Vegas in the list and Sony Media Manager and uninstall them. Then reinstall. Good luck!

I tried to drag the third video into the first and ... I don't know. I'm very, very confused about Vegas.

Thanks, Paul! That seemed to ameliorate the situation, but it still freezes and screws up. I think the problem is that I have too much stored onto this computer. Plus, it's a rather old computer (2003) I'd probably have better luck if I delete or burn some things and then reinstall Vegas when I have more space. God knows when that'll be, but ...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas is slow for me sometimes too. My computer is alot older than 2003 though, mines like 2000. We've had so much work done on it though and it still restarts (I hate it when it restarts )

Good luck though PC, I know what it's like to have a crummy computer

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 14 of 53

Jump to: