Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Scorned" by SuperKC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhead
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really was in two acts...In the beginning I settled down to watch a slow, easy-going Jate only for it to turn INTENSE! (block capitals greatly needed )
So many things to love, most of all MADJACK His character and crazy coffin-thrashing anticts really lends itself to insanity!
The whole vid felt very filmic and as a result, VERY powerful
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great AU clips really brought the vid to life. There was also more than a little effort put into interpreting the lyrics through the emotions of the characters. I loved the scenes with Jack where he was scorned that was so not inappropiate take it as you want
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good lord KC!
Not only do you vid so fast but it's such an amazing first attempt for vegas and an awsome triangle video! I was blown away!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashleigh Yes, angsty Jack is pretty awesome. Mangsheng!

Lora THANK YOU!

Luka Haha I think that brilliantastic is going on my list of favorite words. (Next to Mangsheng and Roffle.) Thank you very much!

no1slayer Yes it did take I did a bit of marathon vidding for a coupla days straight with this. I think it's because I finished classes last week and I had nothing to do all day for like four days. But that ends here. Back to the library (for working, not studying, thank god!) with me! Thanks very much and I'm glad you liked it.

PC I Remember is definitely my favorite Damien Rice song as well. I'd thought about vidding it for a while but nothing serious. Then one day recently I was listening to it on my iTunes and the idea just struck me. I <em>had</em> to do this vid! I have to admit though, I honestly wanted to kick myself for picking it a few times during the process. After I got done with the first half of the song, I thought I'd transcribe the second half including musical peaks and what not so I could better formulate what I was trying to do. It looked something like this:

Quote:
dunadun moo moo mooo mooo mooo mooo mooo mooo mooo moooo mooo moo moomooom moo Moaning Moaning LOL this is rediculous. Nada! Dooddoo AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA OHHOHOHOHOHOHOH RISING RISNG RISING RISING DUNADUNADUANDUANAUDNAUAN

The "LOL this is rediculous" included. Haha. I'm glad you think that I did justice to your favorite Damien Rice song! Very glad! And yes, Vegas is my new BFF! Haha.

RedHead, aww thank you so much. I love how you transcribed your experience haha. "I settled down ..." etc. Glad you liked it, I had fun making it! MADJACK=HOTJACK. FYI. LOL. Even Aislynn admits it! *points to page one of comments* PROOF!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becca, I literally did nothing but work on this vid and bother people on MSN for about two whole days straight and I had worked on it a bit before that. LOL. I don't usually do marathon vidding sessions. But you know, I couldn't help myself. I was seduced by Vegas!

Paul, Haha thank you very much. Yes yes, the "inappropriate" scene. I don't know how "obvious" it was. It was supposed to be obvious without being TOO obvious. There's a fine line. LOL. I'm glad you liked it and yes, I tend to vid more from an emotional standpoint, really taking the lyrics and trying to use those to fuel the action. Thanks for noticing that!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the hell is this silver? it is brilliantly edited and an original storyline. Do you seriously have problems? This is an insult to all good vidders everywhere
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Becca. I have to admit I'm a bit confused by this as well. Especially considering all the glowing reviews. I've already gotten more feedback on this video than I think any of my others and It hasn't even been posted for a full day yet.

I don't want to say that a silver is a bad thing, but nobody goes to the olympics to win silver, y'know?

*refuses to taint this thread further*

Yes so, yay, silver CP... I guess. Hahah.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I had to see for myself what all the fuss was about.

Great!!! My favorite triangle vid with Redhead's Crush.

Awesome storytelling, you worked very well with the music and very original choice of clips. You were able to build quite an atmosphere. You deserve every praise you got KC. Congrats on a great vid.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I haven't posted a comment on this fantastic vid yet.

Anyway, I looove the atmosphere of this vid. The ending is so dramatic and emotional... just WOW!!

Apart from that, it's an awesome first Vegas vid! I'm really looking forward to seeing more vids like this one here from you. I hope it's Sun/Jack next.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune Thank you so much! Who is RedHead's crush? *is confused* LOL

Karolina Once again thanks Karolina for your thoughts on this video. Good to know I can bug you with stuff like this. Doubts, fears, lol. All in all WOW is good!

Once again thank you everyone who commented on this vid. It's definitely my favorite vid I've done so far.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Oh dear God. I gotta learn better English.

Crush
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to seeing this one, as I notice it has caused a bit of controversy

KC cause controversy ..... never

Will comment after watching
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
SuperKC wrote:
Oh dear God. I gotta learn better English.

Crush

No no! Your english is fine! I just thought you meant that RedHead had a crush on Sawyer or Jack. (Or maybe Kate?) You didn't specify who and I was confused! I didn't realize you were talking about a vid! WHICH IS AMAZING by the way!

VICKY!!!!!!!!!
OMG! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*dies* You'll have to let me know what you think. LOL. I seriously do need to change my title to the Controversy Master Homebody. I can't stay away from it. Clearly, nothing has changed! So (SO!) glad to see you back here! We're all on MSN! Get on!

Last edited by SuperKC on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
PatheticDreamer
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh KC that was awesome, you deserve a Gold CP...i can't find a reason why this is silver.
Congrats it's an wonderful vid.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

VICKY!!!!!!!!!
OMG! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*dies* You'll have to let me know what you think. LOL. I seriously do need to change my title to the Controversy Master Homebody. I can't stay away from it. Clearly, nothing has changed! So (SO!) glad to see you back here! We're all on MSN! Get on!

unfortunately I'm still having MSN issues as soon as I get it sorted I'll be joining ya's all that's for sure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: