Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kates choice revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*throws fruit salad at Ruth*

J/K, of course! Lest we forget, my very first "serious" vid (as opposed to "Vertigo" and its dancing, race car driving polar bear ) was...

Jate!

Okay, so it was Angsty Jack. But that was close enough. And if you watch the ending, you'll see that Jack and Kate nod and kinda smile at each other. That's practically a happy ending, right?

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Oh you guys. You got what you wanted! Ais! Ruth! (won't mention Paul cos he is in his own world ) Don't be so depressed! You know if it said Jack, us Jaters would be gloating like HELL . So gloat now so I don't feel so bad when the episode airs.

Nah, I know better than to gloat. You can't trust TV writers to ever just give you what you want! If we get Skate now, then you can be SURE they'll take it away later on!

*makes fruit salad and passes it around to Skaters, Jaters and non-shippers alike* Mmmm, fruit salad...
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure of the source at first but I did listen to the podcast and I think they do suggest Kate loves Sawyer but that doesn't mean she doesn't pick Jack. We can't defintively say that for sure. Also my evil Jater side of me points out that Damon questioned Carlton's statement straight after. So yeah don't get carried away Skaters and don't feel too down-hearted Jaters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a pretty big spoiler to just let loose so soon. When they talk about episode 10, it doesn't have anything to do with Kate/Sawyer, but the fact that it's a Hurley-Centric episode apparently. I think she still makes the choice most likely in Episode 6, but RockSiren is right, it's a pretty big thing to just let slip. Besides, it says she LOVES Sawyer, not chooses. I mean...sheesh..who couldn't love that man?! Jack's a hottie too, so I mean, I think it's a pretty even race between the two guys so far.
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, well, can't say I didn't see that one coming... though I'll still keep my hopes up for TEH JATE! (I've never been a fan of these "merged" ship names, but I've sort of given up by now )

One thing that's been bugging me like WOAH (well, there are plenty of those, but this is one of them) is why the frell do the Others want Kate together with Sawyer so badly. Seriously. There's some kind of bigger plan behind it all...

But yeah, I'll always keep my hopes up for Jate...

1) because I'm a hopeless romantic
2) Because I'm a HUGE Sawyer fan and I don't really like fluffy-and-OH-so-in-love Sawyer. I prefer snarky here's-a-nickname-for-ya-buddy Sawyer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! You guys are too funny!
Ais- my JATE vid was done by request. And I do love the Sawyer (see banner!)

And Ais, dont feel betrayed! I would like it if it was true, but Im not going to stack my hopes on it =)

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true, I would be happy. In fact I'm happy either way they choose to go because both guys are the two top favorites, of mine. I rather see Jack alone anyways... Skate just works and feels right despite the Jater's saying of "Jate is Fate". Though Jate is a lot easier for me to vid

If I had to make a choice I would have Sawyer and Kate together (I guess that makes me a minor Skater). Then if Jack has to be with someone I want it to be with Juliet, cause Juliet rocks and I believe her days are numbered

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most shocking thing I've learned from all of this:

Paul has an evil Jater side????

*faints*

ooangeliceviloo wrote:
Besides, it says she LOVES Sawyer, not chooses.

And that's a VERY important distinction, in my book! How soap opera would that be:

*cues melodramatic music*

Kate: (throws hand up onto her forehead) Oh, how tragic is it that I have admitted to myself that I loooooooooove Sawyer but, through some dastardly doings of those rascally Others, I must now try to convince the world that I love [insert name here]! Oh, the DRAMA! Oh, the ANGST! Oh, the RATINGS the writers are hoping to produce with this lame-o plot device that was old when they first used it in the '50s!"

Di wrote:
One thing that's been bugging me like WOAH (well, there are plenty of those, but this is one of them) is why the frell do the Others want Kate together with Sawyer so badly. Seriously. There's some kind of bigger plan behind it all...

"Frell!" Farscape, woot! Ahem, back on topic. That also worries me as a Skater: if the Others are pushing Sawyer and Kate together, that just can't be good! (Nice to see you around, Di, BTW! )

Rocksiren wrote:
Ais- my JATE vid was done by request. And I do love the Sawyer (see banner!)

And Ais, dont feel betrayed! I would like it if it was true, but Im not going to stack my hopes on it =)

Betrayed? Never! I consider you a Sawyerette more than a Skater (who more tolerates Skate in case it provides some high quality shirtless Sawyer scenes, hubba-hubba! ). I know you shipped Sana waaaaaaay more than Skate! *hearts Ruth anyway*

xgene wrote:
If I had to make a choice I would have Sawyer and Kate together (I guess that makes me a minor Skater). Then if Jack has to be with someone I want it to be with Juliet, cause Juliet rocks and I believe her days are numbered

Minoring in Skate is an excellent thing, in my opinion! I used to say I majored in Skate and minored in Jate way back when! That was before all of the lovely cult ships popped up and knocked all of the canon ships but Skate out of the way! I'm definitely for Jack and Juliet, so we are in total agreement on that part!
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is totally off topic but the second post said sumthin about Juliette shootin somebody on the beach. who do u think it is??? wonder if we're gonna be seein that on the 5th or 6th eppy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin mentioned that here and so far nobody's offered any speculation about it...

Hmmm... *decides to go speculate*
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Di wrote:

"Frell!" Farscape, woot! Ahem, back on topic. That also worries me as a Skater: if the Others are pushing Sawyer and Kate together, that just can't be good! (Nice to see you around, Di, BTW! )

heehee frell is my absolute favorite curse word. And Farscape was one of my absolute favorite shows, so I don't think that word will ever leave my vocabulary...

But yeah, that's my point. That can't be good.
Even though I'm a Jater (geez, that name will never sound good to me...) I've enjoyed most of the Skate scenes last season. I mean, I do like their interaction, and frankly, I was getting to a point where I wouldn't really mind if Kate hooked up with Sawyer. I wouldn't go "OMFG YAY!!!!", but I wouldn't mind that much.

Now it's just frelling irritating how they're bringing them together... They're not really letting her choose anyone. "Here, missy, you can choose any of these two guys to be with you. Thing is, one of them you won't hear of for a great while, and the other one will be caged right next to you while we make him suffer like WOAH in front of you and push you two into really darn-that-guy-is-so-hot-we-must-hook-up-like-NOW scenes. But it's not like we're forcing you or anything. The choice is completely up to you! OH, and here are some new clothes, you must undress in front of that guy."

So, yeah... That's what makes me mad.

(And thanks, Aislynn. I've been trying to be around more often...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Di wrote:
"Here, missy, you can choose any of these two guys to be with you. Thing is, one of them you won't hear of for a great while, and the other one will be caged right next to you while we make him suffer like WOAH in front of you and push you two into really darn-that-guy-is-so-hot-we-must-hook-up-like-NOW scenes. But it's not like we're forcing you or anything. The choice is completely up to you! OH, and here are some new clothes, you must undress in front of that guy."

LMFAO Di. Your a just too awesome My thoughts exactly. It feels like they're trying to turn the viewers in Skaters almost. Trying to brainwash the Jack/Kate/Jate/WHATEVER moments we have had for the past 2 seasons.

Just what I think it feels like. Don't hurt me Skaters!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Di wrote:
"Here, missy, you can choose any of these two guys to be with you. Thing is, one of them you won't hear of for a great while, and the other one will be caged right next to you while we make him suffer like WOAH in front of you and push you two into really darn-that-guy-is-so-hot-we-must-hook-up-like-NOW scenes. But it's not like we're forcing you or anything. The choice is completely up to you! OH, and here are some new clothes, you must undress in front of that guy."

I gotta admit, I LOVED that description!

IntoTheVoid wrote:
LMFAO Di. Your a just too awesome My thoughts exactly. It feels like they're trying to turn the viewers in Skaters almost. Trying to brainwash the Jack/Kate/Jate/WHATEVER moments we have had for the past 2 seasons.

Just what I think it feels like. Don't hurt me Skaters!

*throws fruit salad at Elle*

J/K, of course! And I've gotta stop throwing fruit salad, we're going to get ants all in this thread 'cause it'll be sticky...

I agree, surprisingly enough. I'd rather see Kate in a cage between Jack and Sawyer (wait, I think I read a fic about that once... ) and THEN have her choose Sawyer in a more "fair fight." Otherwise, I'm just gonna sit here and worry that we'll have this beautiful Skatey moment (lasting approximately until the next commercial break or 30 seconds, whichever comes first ) then they'll trot Jack out again and Kate will drop Sawyer like he's hot.

Which, let's face it, Sawyer is HAWT! But I digress...

Point being, I'm just gonna be on pins and needles until they finally give us something here. Then I'll deal with being happy or disappointed, whatever's applicable.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I'd rather see Kate in a cage between Jack and Sawyer

That would be cool. They shoulda done that!!!

Aislynn wrote:
and THEN have her choose Sawyer in a more "fair fight."

Uh Ais... you spelt JACK wrong

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Aislynn wrote:
I'd rather see Kate in a cage between Jack and Sawyer

That would be cool. They shoulda done that!!!

Aislynn wrote:
and THEN have her choose Sawyer in a more "fair fight."

Uh Ais... you spelt JACK wrong

Lol Elle your right, it's spelt J A C K! Was that the big decision anyway?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Betrayed? Never! I consider you a Sawyerette more than a Skater (who more tolerates Skate in case it provides some high quality shirtless Sawyer scenes, hubba-hubba! ). I know you shipped Sana waaaaaaay more than Skate! *hearts Ruth anyway*

Well, I just thought it was an intersting ship, and I do think MR was completley underutilized- they couldve done more.

Ais something occured to me while I was swimming (youre guess is as good as mine)- that Sawyer says (after his fun sexy Rumble in the jungle) when Jack is trying to get the guns from him "and you brought her along to soften me up? She aint in my head Doc.' I had forgotten about that scene until I was reviewing clips for a vid...it just seemed such a "strong" thing to say, even for him, about Kate...maybe he was digging the Ana a little more?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: