Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x14 - "One of Them" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... that new Other dude was the guy in Saw lol
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH! Thanks Movieguy, I couldnt figure out where I'd seen him before.

IM GOING TO PREFACE THIS FORUM WITH ONE "RULE" (more of a polite guideline really):

I likes my forum how I likes my dinner parties: no politics, no religion (in debate form). It just upsets people and we have a good groove here.

Ill admit it- one of the better episodes of this season. Something actually happened. The crossbow was cool.

Okay things I thought were cool:

Jack losing it. It was awesome- you could see it had been building for a long time. I loved when he yelled with such glee about the button. YAY KC!

Hobbes will like this one- I actually agreed with Locke. Not about the button of course (its ridiculous: he hits the "shift" key and everything is fine at the last minute?). I trust someone has already taken screencaps of those heiroglyphs and translated them for us over at the forum
I was thinking the other day, the button is a lot like Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"- where the perfect little American town stoned someone to death one year and everything went fine- the crops grew well, etc. So now they are afraid NOT to stone someone to death? Such is the button, but way less dangerieux.

But I agreed with him and Sayid that sometimes (especially with these "others" that they lie, and cant be trusted). His smirk! AHHH!

Are we all in agreement that they are drastically changing Sawyer's character? Okay I want to say how RIDICULOUS it is that they were actually hunting A frog. ONE FROG! In the jungle??? I have lived in both Hawaii and the Caribbean- they are everywhere! How are you going to find ONE? Why werent there more? In Bermuda for my archaeology dig, Ill admit- I couldnt sleep the first night with them singing. But after I got home, I really missed them.

It just didnt seem like Sawyer at all to crush it- after he spared the boar. He has a heart, I dont know why they are trying to make us think he doesnt. It was kind of an unecessary "side" story. I agree with F4L- he didnt want to seem "vulnerable". I think he figures since he cant be happy, that frog wasnt going to be either.

Also I told you guys Hurley was getting bigger! How odd! I think its funny (not in a "haha" way) that people pay hundreds even thousands to get the kind of "fat flush" that hurley has the opportunity to do so here- YET he still eats all the food. Is was kind of strange!

Hobbes- didnt notice the Kate's dad thing...interesting. And Clancy Brown rocks (although I never watched Carnivale)- but I did think at one point- "AHHH Spongebob my boy, buy a crabby patty!!!!".

Next week's looked good. I am glad to see some of our peeps back again- it was weird having only like 5 people in this one. Not enough Rousseau either- I like her blunt demeanor.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! I totally enjoyed this episode to the last minute!!

The Hurley "ranch" thing was really funny

Anyways, I do think Sawyer is very different now... but cmon guys he is a "con artist" He can make you think whatever you want about him.

I loved the performances from Jack, Locke, and Sayid in the hatch. It was funny but at the same time it was entertaining.

I agree with you Hobbes, Sayid was totally outstanding in this episode! His flashbacks were awesome too. Can't wait for the other episode.
LOST is soo amazing WOOHO!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny?

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo something is going to kick off now I can feel it *holds onto hat*
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My name is Sayid Jarrah, and I am a torturer."

*fangirlishly loves Sayid*

Whoo, this episode was wonderful. I've missed Sayid. Good to have him back in the swing of things'. Well, not really the swing of things, more like the TWISTS and TURNS and yet again more OMGWTF'S of things...yeah, whatever term you prefer.

Okay, so. Yay for the flow of this episode. I liked how it was edited so the flashbacks didn't seem like they were just randmonly inserted at an uneffective moment. They were placed in the exact right spots in my opinion, and I enjoyed the island-time just as much as Sayid's flashbacks.

Things I Obsessively Adored
-Henry Gale. Even if he turns out to be an Other, which I don't doubt, his jitteryness makes me swoon. Woo Henry. "We...crashed...in...a balloon..." Heee.
-JACK/LOCKE INTENSITY: FINALLY! RS is right, I should've expected Jack to crack in this ep'! Gah!
-The heiroglyphs(!11!!1OMG)
-Locke freaking out over the button. Yay Terry O'Quinn for his awesomeness. He makes the best insane faces.
-ROUSSEAU! Woot. She's back! And very Legolas-like! Nice "archery" skillz. I think she got her hands on some hairdye, though, because her hair looks redder to me. Maybe it was the lighting. Yeah, probably.
-CHARLIE! ♥ I don't believe he's forgotten what the others are capable of. That look on his face when Sayid asked him suggested he remembered very clearly, but WISHED he could forget. Or maybe it was Dom just trying out some new facial expressions. Meh. *hugs him anyway*
-Hurley! I was proud of him for standing up to Sawyer. Sawyer, whom I love dearly. But I'm growing impatient with him. Like Kate said way back in "Confidence Man", there is a human being in there somewhere, and most of his jerkish actions are an act. Like in One of Them. He squashed a tree frog. Kay. He should have just done THAT to get everyone to hate him, instead of steal the guns. Seriously, dude. HE SQUASHED A TREE FROG.
-JIN! *loves him too* Silence speaks, man.
-Naveen as Sayid...oh my god. BREATHTAKING. He had me at "You would remember, IF IT WERE TRUE!" Did you see his eyes? *cries for Sayid*

And March 1st's ep looks uber creepy. Though it is Claire-centric, and it seems obvious that we will get a lot of island info in this one. Hum. Has anyone here posted caps of the quick cuts from the preview? I might if no one has, as they are VERY interesting.

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post those caps in the spolier secton. Not here... I don't want it ruined
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Post those caps in the spolier secton. Not here... I don't want it ruined

LOL, aww, don't worry/cry, they're already posted over there. I even warned that they contained spoilers in the Spoiler section, just to be safe. So, I think you're okay. You're making a wise choice, chosing not to look at them, though - they'll just make you even more anxious for the next ep - depending on how anxious you were in the first place, of course.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my last post that I also noticed Kate's Dad in Sayid's flashbacks. Sayid's Dad was a bit more likeable in One of Them. I felt horrible for all of the US Army who had to deliever the bad news about the pilot. But I just wasn't surprised that Papa de Kate was in Sayid's flashback, since Sayid popped up on the television screen in Kate's. I was surprised that he actually had interaction with Sayid, though. That was neat.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelina wrote:
Papa de Kate

I love that!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax PB- nothing's going to kick off- I really am asking what she found funny...nothing wrong with it, Im just curious...We were innocent baby, I sware!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for not talking about what went wrong in the episode. I know even I had a few things that I was bugged with, like how still nothing happened (ah, and now you will all call me a hypocrit huh? ). And I just want you guys to know that all I want is for there to be more of a balnce. When you criticise an ep, all I ask is for some honest compliments on the ep with it. If you can't do that, then there's a "Mr Complain-a-lot's" thread for any pure criticisms. And likewise, even I sometimes get annoyed by the "OMG I LUV THIS EPSODE SO GOOD SAWYER IS HOTT" stuff for every episode too, which is why there's a Sanctuary thread for anyone who does only want to look at the positive. All I want is to be able to come here and talk about the ep without leaving with some deep depression on the whole ep. I can't even tell what's a good one and what's a bad one anymore, and I fully expected this ep to get the same treatment. If it deserved it, then I really do thank any and all of you for holding your tongues, believe me, it's appreciated.
And now, I will mention it no more! Unless someone else wants to mention it more of course.

Quote:

Hobbes will like this one- I actually agreed with Locke.

YAY! But why now and not the many other times where he's had a good opinion on something, like when he stopped Jack from harassing Eko?
But yeah, it seems almost like Locke and Sayid were protecting Jack from what needed to be done. He's too innocent to play that game

Quote:

IM GOING TO PREFACE THIS FORUM WITH ONE "RULE" (more of a polite guideline really):

I likes my forum how I likes my dinner parties: no politics, no religion (in debate form). It just upsets people and we have a good groove here.

Agreed!

Polarbear wrote:
Henry Gale= Dorothy's uncle in Wizard of Oz and he supposedly came to the island in a balloon so yeah definite connection.

Apparently Wizard of Oz refers to a scientific experiment aswell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_Of_Oz_%28experiment%29

NICE find!

Quote:
Papa de Kate

You have no idea how many seconds it took me to realize that was just some arbitrary French and not some weird character I've never heard of
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because you're a sweetie Warren
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
And likewise, even I sometimes get annoyed by the "OMG I LUV THIS EPSODE SO GOOD SAWYER IS HOTT" stuff for every episode too

Now, what thoroughly-annoying person would EVER say that???

*looks around nervously, while kicking her "HOLY GUACAMOLE IS SAWYER EVER HOTTTTTT!!!111!!!!1!1!" post under the near-by rug*

*whistles innocently*

Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(this is not an angry post in any way) ---> (so if I get accused of being nasty...I'm not!)

I hope some of the above comments weren't meant for me specifically. I am not against any eps, nor am I an ep basher. I just don't like to see people fight over something like a TV show. Yeah, I think Sawyer's hot, but from now on to spare my fellow man, I will keep it in the Sawyerettes thread.

Back to the ep, I have a question...Did Locke get the numbers in on time or not? I am so confused. Or are we not supposed to know for sure?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
I hope some of the above comments weren't meant for me specifically. I am not against any eps, nor am I an ep basher. I just don't like to see people fight over something like a TV show. Yeah, I think Sawyer's hot, but from now on to spare my fellow man, I will keep it in the Sawyerettes thread.

Since I've been known as the Raving Sawyerette around here for a looooong time, I just assumed he meant me!

And dang, DID Locke get those numbers in in time or not? That's a good question...

I still love that countdown clock, even more now that I know it has those funky symbols that can pop up!

Now that I think about it, I think he DID get the numbers in, just before that final symbol came up. That's the way it seems to me but I'm not sure...

<-- Me with a question mark over my head...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: