Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

youtube deleting vids
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, that sucks!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have imeem now...I think this is my page url...lol I'm a little confused by it at the moment...haha..still trying to figure it out....Charlee add me.

http://www.imeem.com/people/S0xULCt

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know...They deleted videos that I had set to private. How in the world did they get to those? Just to warn you guys, if your vidding for any Fox show, you might as well take that video down yourself, because every video I've made for a Fox show *even though I had those set to private* got deleted. Fox is really bad about copyright infringement
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh oh...that means my X-files vids are going to be taken off...but so far they haven't touched them...I'm sure its only a matter of time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are taken off all the Prison break vids.therefore my sarah/sawyer vid was deleted, the kate/miichael one made by Akirehtur too...etc etc

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, its getting ridiculous. Maybe they don't care as much about X-files since its an older show.

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno because they got rid of my BTVS vid and that now is an oldish show =/
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the X-files vids are in safe.....for now.

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my thought, when they deleted my 24 video almost a year ago, but they deleted "almost" every single Standoff video I've made, and I've made quite a few of those, and that show has been cancelled since summer of last year.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of my vids got deleted, too. The weird thing is that the embedded versions of the vids (This is Halloween and You've got a friend in me) still work. So they are still available on LVI, but it sucks anyway... stupid youtube!

Icon by ack attack
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How annoying. I wonder why they're suddenly cracking down like this? :s it sucks. I've never had anything flagged or deleted until recently. 2 vids, and a couple flagged for music or something, and it says I can keep them up.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks guy, I'm setting myself up a new account now!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna start saving my vids... Some aren't on my computer anymore. I might get the ones that aren't on my comp off youtube with zamzar and save 'em to a disk...then if youtube decides to hate me, I'll make a new account. God knows I need a new username anyway.

I hope it works out...they'll probably back off sooner or later. I've only been flagged on a couple vids I don't care about, so maybe they'll leave me alone? *crosses fingers and toes*

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine a lot of this is coming from the lawsuit Viacom has going against YouTube/Google. These articles will probably scare you even if you're not a vidder and just have ever watched something on YouTube.

This just sucks, IMO. Vidders don't make money from their vids. The vids are free advertising for the TV shows/movies/musicians, for cryin' out loud! *throws up hands in disgust*

*goes to bake cookies to make herself feel better*

*gives out cookies to everybody* (Except Viacom. No cookies for YOU, Viacom! Grrrrr! )

Last edited by Aislynn on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My FG!!!!

What wankers!

I'm sorry but we are fans ourselves making these vids, and we're not making money from doing these vids, we are doing them because we enjoy the shows so much and it shows how much we appreciate the show by helping to promote it. It's not like we're going hey you watched my vid now pay me!!! We are making no money from this, infact in a way we have spent money by paying for vidding programs and graphic programs to help create our vids.

We're doing purely for the fun factor, but they are taking the fun outta vidding now by getting rid of our stuff, and handing ID's over I'm sorry that's becoming a bit pathetic, why are they making us the enemy we're helping them here! This is so silly, why are they attacking the vidders all we are doing is something we enjoy.

It's absolute balls, when come on they are worse things on youtube atm with all the spamming and then you can watch pirate movies on there if you can find some because I remember seeing a cinema version of a couple of horror films, so they are worse things on there than some fan vids and there are like albums on there which have download links which to me is worse than a fan who likes a show and decides they want to put their own creativity to that show and create a video for it.

When they're now on about ordering IP addresses for people who have watched or uploaded a fanvid isn't that just making you want to use ways which are worse by hiding IP's and changing IP's so it's harder to trace back to you, so in losing our privacy as to what we search for on youtube is gonna backfire on them in the future as it means people aren't gonna go to youtube to look or upload vids, they're gonna go to other sites such as Imeem or some clever person is gonna hook onto this and realise they could make some money or something by creating another youtube type site where people can alternatively upload their vids to.

Because by the way this is going the only people on youtube will be: people that upload their own work as in films, vlogs, music, channels and companies such as UMG, Universal, BBC and Actors/Singers who have their own page and can promote stuff.

When what they gonna put a ban to next: creating your own icons/banners saying pictures are now copyrighted

*breathes*

*takes cookie*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: