Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hurt - Jack" by Polarbear
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

OMG, I absolutely LOVE jack vids and this one is PERFECT! Love the effects, with the matrix-esque green and the part where you made it look like night. How did you do that!? Great echo effect near the end too!! The song is perfect for Jack.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Paul!!! You really finished this quickly! I enjoyed it allot. I think this song worked sooo well for Jack, better then i thought it would, you did an excellent job with keeping with the beat and flow. I liked your clip choices too, especially the crown of thorns part with him just sitting in his apartment, the empire of dirt with the apartment again (i love that line for some reason) and "i will make you hurt" with Christians shocked and hurt expression. Loved the way you used the Josh clips also, your going to need to send me a copy of Whisper because ive never seen it. Excellent job!
Spoiler:

this is going on the ol' IPod!

Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Joon: Thanks Joon In response to everyone saying they felt bad for Jack.. did you feel bad for him in the finale? Cause I did I was shocked when he was going to commit suicide that's so not Jack! But you know got to love messed up characters. I hope he comes through it though for the movie at least where they GO BACK

Yes, I did feel bad for him in the finale and now I'm really curious how he ended up like that - but I have to admit that I was cracking up when he was listening to Nirvana in his car.
That's definitely not the kind of music I would associate with Jack.

Icon by ack attack
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killers Angel Eyes:

secret_nep: Thanks! I did the night effect fairly easy. On color curves there is a set effect called night which makes it go dark and bluey. I toned the blue down a bit though cause it was too much and I also put a blue effect on the already night scenes so they matches with the edited non night scenes if that makes sense

Trey: Glad you liked it Trey! Yeah I made it in 3 days. I worked pretty much solid on it though. I had to finish it by then else it might have been a lot longer cause I'm back to work now and have little time to vid.

Yay to the spoiler

Joon: Ah that was Nirvana. Sorry I am not as perceptive as you But yeah it's totally not Jack. I would have liked to have heard some sad modest mouse songs Matthew Fox likes them irl
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, Paul!

Nice vid...

I really liked the effects here like Ben and Locke over the mountaintops in the beginnings - very cool. And you did a really effective job pulling us between the present and future (or past, depends on the interpretation, I guess. )

Great use of non-Lost footage too. Added a lot to the Kate/Sawyer storyline.

Spoiler:

And I really loved the tint of AU or speculation in this. I totally never thought Juliet might have been the one who died - and I loved the bit where you shut Libby's eyes and made it seem like Juliet. Great job with that...

A great vid, Paul! Congrats.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maria! I'm glad you liked the effect at the beginning that was essentially filler cause I wasn't sure what to put there If in doubt do a random effect

Spoiler:

The Juliet being in the coffin thing came to me while vidding it just kinda made sense you know and I thought it would make the scene where he stands over the coffin even more emotional.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

Wow...just...wow. Very powerful vid, Paul. Really sad, I felt for Jack.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Karolina I love this song so sad to see you don't like it, Maybe it's a guy song or something? But glad you liked my vid. You liked the coloruing yay thanks it was my first effort using color curves I hope it was okay.

Spoiler:

I know Juliet dying sucks but hey I don't write the show so she could be alive But you know there's no Jacket in the futuure so I thought it would be cool if part of the reason Jack was so messed up cause Juliet died.

Thanks! By the way on you reply to my comment on your awesome new Des vid you referred to me as Polarbear *feels dirty*

I can't really tell you why I don't like Hurt. I've seen some very good fan vids to this song, but I still don't like it for some reason. Well, then again, Johnny Cash isn't my kind of music, too, so that might be another reason.

Good thinking about the Jacket thing, btw. I wonder what will happen to Juliet. It wouldn't surprise me if you're right with your idea in the end.

Oh, and I'm really sorry about calling you Polarbear in my vid thread. I addressed everyone with their nicknames cause I didn't know everyone's real names. It's always a bit embrassing to say "Hey there Paul" on the one hand and "hey there DesmondLover318" on the other, you know. Please forgive me, Pauly. Love you very much, hope you know that.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrie: Thanks Carrie!

Karolina: I don't think it's Juliet cause Kate was so anti the person who's in the coffin and I don't think she hates Juliet that much at least not yet anyway. I'm thinking it's probably Michael with the whole black neighbourhood and no people attending thing. But thanks anyway it worked well in the vid

It's okay I used to call Warren Hobbes all the time got over it now though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is such a powerful song and you did it justice by making an equally powerful video. Awesome job!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cinthia!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic vid! Loved the colouring and effects and especially the parts with Jack and Sawyer. And the quick shots near the end WOW!!!! Amazing

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't comment here on this yet!

Anyways, like I told you I LOVE it!
Possibly the best Jack vid I've seen!
You interpreted the song brilliantly! Editing fantastic, as always!
I especially Love the "but I remember everything" bit.
Just Amazing! Awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Hurt - Jack by Polarbear Reply with quote

Sooo amazingly well done! Just... really amazing. ♥
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a-workin' my way through all the great vids I missed while I was gone, so sorry for the lateness of this comment.

Oh man, I luuuuuuuuurve scruffy!future!Jack so much, especially in dark, angsty, hurty vids like this! (Okay, that sounds really messed up, huh? ) This was just positively fantastic, everything I'd expect it to be and more!

Spoiler:

Dead!Juliet? Noooooooooo... But so perfect for the story! And the ending was great, particularly the way Jack disappeared then you used the shoe floating sadly through the water... *sniffle* Poor scruffy!future!Jack! *pets him*

Brilliant job! I've seen this song used for Sawyer and never really thought about how well it could apply to Jack! Loved it! ♥!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: