Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x11 - Enter 77 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*missed the ep*
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I am so POed. Even when the writers happen to stop totally screwing with one character (Sayid) they totally f*** with another. I don't see any of my Locke left in this stupid S3 version who conveniently plays the part of the walking deus ex machina , creating and cutting storylines left and right to cover the writers' asses.
Forget this Locke, you are not a character anymore, you are freaking tool. Maybe talk to me in season 4 if you get your soul back. We'll see if I can ignore all of this then or not.

Now, in the Tool's defense, blowing up the station may have actually been beneficial, because it could have permanently stopped the Others from contacting the outside world. But more LIKELY it just means Jack and Juliette have no means of escaping the island, and we've lost a whole library-full of answers that could (but I doubt many of us expected to get ) have solved seasons worth of mysteries. That fake out with Ms. Clugh and Eyepatchguy wasn't too bad, even if they killed Clugh (heh, another one bites the dust! Must be pretty important they didn't interrogate her. Hmm... )

Rest of ep: interesting enough. I kinda liked the flashback, but I don't really get it. As always, the illusion we learned something is put up, but actually thinking about it, we learned nothing I'm fine with that though.

*sigh*...

i agree man, what happened to him?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put this to you.. Did we see John enter 77 and more importantly did we see what happened directly after? My guess is there is more to be revealed about it and why he entered it.

On first viewing this ep was okay.. I really enjoyed seeing Patchy and Miss Klugh back but we didn't really much about the Others other than that the hostages were there before Dharma which is cool but forgetable. I think this ep was sold badly by TPTB who said that it would shed serious light on The Others. I really enjoyed the flashback it showed that Sayid walks with the faces of those he's tortured everyday.

The cat.. the weird thing was that it seemed to be the same cat but it was a real one cause it was Patchy's. Here's me thinking all these animals and people and such from the past are the monster but it doesn't add up here.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locke's getting lambasted so hard that my face is turning red.......

I liked the cat speech. And it's really weird that the cat was named Nadia, and it looked so much like the one the lady in the flashback had. I just can't expect rapid fire answers given to total satisfaction in any episode, so I was intrigued by all we got from Patchy. I'm just really confused and kind of frustrated about the whole Locke/computer thing. And all those files destroyed.....

Hey look!! Next week
Spoiler:

Locke runs head-first into an electrical boundary, with his mother Sayid scolding him not to touch it.

*LOL at baby monitor*

Overall I liked this ep, perhaps more than last week, because interesting things happened and intelligent conversations were made, as well as my two favorite characters getting ample screentime for once.

ETA:
Spoiler:

Wait a second, I think I'm on to something. But others are too, since I read some comments on LF about it. People were talking about Locke purposely not wanting to leave the island again because of his legs, and then I remembered that Terry said about the paralysis reveal that you're going to say "Man, no wonder he wants to stay on the island so bad!" ..... so I think an explanation is coming soon.

sig by IslandofMystery
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lie...any time I looked up at the TV from the computer screen I was thinking to myself, "Warren is totally having a seizure of "OMGWTFSTOOOOOPPPPIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!" at this travesty right now; I know it."

WTF dude? Talk about out of character...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*immediately started baking lots of cookies for all Locke fans as soon as this ep began*

I think that it's entirely possible they may give us a real reason why Locke acted so much like a... uh... like a blonde? I really hope that it turns out the Big Boom was something he did on PURPOSE (even if it wrecked the other Losties chances at getting off the island, even if it was a selfish reason, whatever, just so long as it was something other than "Ooo, I wonder what this button does?" ).

However, as somebody who saw her Beloved Southern Boy get turned into a tree-frog-squishing, Sun-kidnapping, all-around A#1 jerk-o-tron at various times in Season 2, I have great sympathy for the Locke fans having to endure watching their guy apparently get turned into the leader of the Island's Moron Brigade. *sigh*

On a different note, geez was I glad that it was Hurley who beat Sawyer and not Nikki! I'm living in abject terror of having to stomach coy flirtation between these two. *sends telepathic waves of energy to the writers* Do NOT put Sawyer and Nikki together. Do NOT put Sawyer and Nikki together.

Now, let me see if those cookies are done yet...
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, on a similar note, Ais, I totally laughed for like five minutes when Sawyer said to Nikki, "who the hell are you?!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this ep!

I'm not usually a huge fan of Sayid flashbacks, but I actually liked this one. Although I actually did believe him when he said he didn't know her because he remembered the faces of everyone that he'd tortured! doh!

As for Locke, I don't think that they've totally ruined his character, not yet anyways. He pushed the button, maybe he's getting some of his good old faith back!

And I think I'm starting to like Kate a bit more again, she was really starting to annoy me this season.

Yey for Ping Pong! hehe And damn Sun for trying to get Sawyer to give up his nicknames! That's what he does best, and it wouldn't be LOST without a few good old nicknames!

hehe Sawyer and Nikki, words fail me
Although I'm digging the Sawyley stuff

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why does everyone assume that Locke was being 'stupid'? We know he's always been obsessed with games, and he's been pushing a button for an entire season, so a temptation like that on an island can be very hard to resist. Secondly, a hostile invasion did occur so he entered 77.

I'm just one of the few Locke fans it seems who isn't throwing firecrackers at him in a box.....

sig by IslandofMystery
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite enjoyed this episode

i love sawyers line to nikki ha ha i always think that
aswell i hated to see sawyer loose and have to call everyone by their proper names

i enjoyed the sayid flashback quite cool
and as soon as he said that cat was called nadia i thought thats it theres something with that cat

i liked sawyer and hurley's chat aswell that was nice

but yeah the episode was good but in a way locke's decision to enter 77 in my opinion was and wasn't stupid, i think it was stupid because they could have contacted the outside world and got the satilite fixed and not stupid because when he tried to make contact he couldn't
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it - it was awesome. The first Sayid episode that I actually enjoyed. I thought the flashbacks were realy good and intresting, but I didn't get one thing: did Sayid actually toture her, meaning he lied at the start? Or was he just saying that he did so they would let him live?

Anyways, I loved it when Kate punched Ms. Klugh in the face and I wasn't as mad at Locke as I thought I would be.. the only thing is that now the Others know someone (prolly the losties) have found that camp, and the people inside it so they might be expecting them.. which is, I s'pose, not very good. The part where Kate and Sayid realised that that guy was not Dharma was just BRILL! And the little conversation they had with him just before he sprung on them was also, really good.

Overall, VERY GOOD EPISODE. I really enjoyed it. SO glad to see Danielle back too!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sayid did torture her and he was lying at the start!
It's a shame coz I belived him when he said he hadn't.
At least that's the impression I got!

And as for Locke and don't think he was 'stupid' to press the button.
He did what the Dharma guy told him to do!
Maybe he wasn't to know what was gonna happen, but I think that something else happened after he pressed it!
I hope so anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just watched eppy ...totally liked it

...but can I say that was a real creepy russian from this Mihail I hardly understood what he said to cat on russian about carpet ..and conversation beetween Clue and him before her death was creepy said as well ...and now they will lead that "soviet union" has smth to do with the others 'cause even if Clue knew russian, than it's totally not a coincidence that Dharma has a connection with russians, or may be it was even created by russians or smth like that all this movie stereotips about my country ('soviet union' in past) as evil (or today Russia ) always confusing me

and btw this Mihail is Ukrain (he is from Kiev - Ukraine capital), so it's confusing me that he talking on russian, 'cause actually his native language must be ukrain than

Locke acted strange this eppy for sure But even so I think there is smth strange about it...and that they don't show how he enter 77 and what was on a screen after that...

"what the hell are you" Sawyer line ...I have the same question to Nikki as well

I love Sayid so it was really cool to see him on screen And flashbacks were interesting, but I was so sure that this lady lied and Sayid is not, so I was really stunned when he said in the end that he remember her ...

Oh, and how Sayid figured out that Mihail is the other Sayid is such a smart man
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha to Sawyer's nicknames and his "who the hell are you?" My favorite I have to say was "looks like Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon have something over there." Oh and "Avalanche" was pretty great too. But seriously, no nicknames for a week? That's painful.

Now that I've got that side of the island done, I'd like to talk about this whole Locke being "stupid" thing. First of all, it's chess, what chu gonna do? It's friggin addictive. Second, I think this was very much like Locke in some ways. He wasnt being blonde he was just being the same goof that constantly walked into things in the hatch that Jack was dealing with. I remember one instance when Benry was in the hatch and John was like "what's going on?" and Jack shrugged him off with a "John, the button." He always looked pretty ditzy. Don't get me wrong, I love Locke, and this instance was pretty ridiculous, but hey, crap happens.

As for the Sayid flashback, I didnt think it was very informative, which is just how I felt about last weeks episode as well, but it was nice to see a focus on Sayid, I've missed him. But poor guy, he needs a woman, preferably one that doesnt die shortly after falling in love with her.

PS. Eyepatchguy is totally cool. I can't wait to watch what happens with him.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the conversation in English, between Ms. Klugh and Mikhail:

Klugh: You know what to do.
Mikhail: We still have another solution.
Klugh: We cannot risk, you know the terms.
Mikhail: There is another solution.
Klugh: They captured us. We won't give it to them.
Klugh: You know what to do, it's an order.
Mikhail: There is another solution!
Klugh: Just do it! (that was in English)
Mikhail: Forgive me.

I wonder what the other solution was

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: