Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x12 - There's No Place Like Home, Part 1 Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home, Part 1 Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Part 1 of the Season Finale!
Character Centric:
Spoiler:

Oceanic 6!

Episode summary:

Spoiler:

The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people begins.

Cast, guest stars, writers and director credits:

Spoiler:

Guest starring are L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Andrea Gabriel as Noor "Nadia" Abed Jaseem, Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, June Kyoko Lu as Mrs. Paik, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Cheech Marin as David Reyes, Veronica Hamel as Margo Shephard, Michelle Forbes as Karen Decker, Susan Duerden as Carole Littleton and Noah Craft as Hendricks.

"There's No Place Like Home" was written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse and directed by Stephen Williams.

Please remember your spoiler tags, no character/ship bashing, and have fun!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok WOW, LOVED this episode

Spoiler:

Yay Jack finally knows! Judging by his yelling at Kate "you aren't even related to him!" he found out, but that scene with him and Claire's mom was very emotional and I was sad, and when he looked right at Aaron...my heart just broke. Where's Claire?!

Spoiler:

You GO Sun! I was hoopin' and hollerin' when she was telling her dad off. Now the big question is, if one person responsible for Jin's death [and now I'm guessing that his death is actually real] is Mr. Paik...then who is the other? Michael and the C4? Please say it ain't so!

Spoiler:

Sayid and Nadia! Awwww! It sucks that she's doomed, but it was such a sweet scene between them!

Spoiler:

My guess is that Desmond's vision was right. Claire shows up, Claire gets on heli, but sometime in between that and the rescue, something bad happens. I think I saw some sort of spoiler, which I can't tell on here unless I get the head's up it's okay or if anyone wants to know, PM me that would fit with Claire possibly getting on the heli

But yeah, WOW, loved the episode and TWO weeks....DAMMIT

But the PROMO

Spoiler:

SKATE SKATE SKATE YEAH SKATE! Don't worry, I'm a Jate fan as well, hell, I'd take both Sawyer and Jack. Jack to love, and Sawyer to lust. Yummy.

Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it!

My fav parts have to be.

Spoiler:

When the Oceanic 6 land, and their families are there. So cute! Well mostly Hurley and his parents, and how he introduces them to Sayid. lol

But the very best part had to be when...

Spoiler:

Jack met Claire's mom!!! First of all WTF when did she come out of her coma?!? She was in it for years and then as soon as the crash happens she just wakes up. lol I loved that whole scene, especially the end when she goes over to Aaron, she should be the one to have him not Kate!!! As soon as I heard her accent, I knew it had something to do with Claire, but I was not expecting her mom, seriously. WOW!!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else bawl uncontrollably through every episode lately, or is it just me?

Spoiler:

LOVED what Sun did... what a bad a$$!!! I was soooo floored by Claire's mom showing up! Was LMAO @ Hurley's tropical party. But, poor Hurley... I don't think I can take watching him descend into madness. Thought it was interesting that Kate's dad (apparently) didn't show up at the airfield. ♥ Sayid & Nadia ♥ Ummm... oh yeah... was it me, or did a loving look pass between Daniel and Charlotte when he took off in the zodiac? Uh-oh... I think I'm becoming a (whatever Charlotte/Daniel fans are called)!

I am soooo excited to see what happens next!!! Two weeks! GAH!!!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin I got the impression Sun was the other one responsible for Jin 'dying' and I still could see her blaming her dad because she can't get back to him at least I hope that's the case anyway.

There weren't kidding about the action/adventure storyline for the finale. We found out very little in this episode so hopefully they are saving the good stuff for the final two parts.

It was great to see them back on the mainland at last and with all their families. The party scenes seemed to last too long for their own good although the numbers tidbit at the end almost made it worth it. I so called it was a surprise party.

Great to see the reporter question Kate's story as I was questioning it too. And seeing the grandmother of Claire's baby have to walk away from her grandchild through plain ignorance was heartbreaking. Glad Jack finally knows about Claire.

A bit of a blatant set up episode they better have the next two hours on an adrenaline rush.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a pretty cool episode. My thoughts:

Spoiler:

Loved the flashforwards. The return to Hawaii was incredible, as was the reunion with the families. Even though Kate annoys me sometimes, I kind of felt bad for her that she didn't have anyone.

Spoiler:

Jack drives me crazy. He's so arrogant and full of himself. How many times has he said "I'm going to get everyone off this island"? I seriously think he's averaged at least once per episode since Through The Looking Glass.

Spoiler:

SOOOOOO worried about Des on the freighter! Eeeekk! I think it was confirmed this week that that thing on Keamy's arm is a remote detenator to the bomb on the freighter. Holy crap, I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns...he must die next episode.

Spoiler:

Hands down though, the best parts were:

"You know those are 15 years old?"

Followed up by:

Ben - "I'll take care of them"

John - "And how will you do that"

**Ben gives John the "Bitch, don't f***ing question me" look!!"**

BEST. LOOK. EVER. In the history of Ben looks.

Um yeah. This is going to be the hardest two weeks to get through ever. EVER. Though depending on the finale, I think the next 8 months might be even harder....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think my heart has ever beaten so fast in a lost episode since season 1!!!! That was intense!!! I loved the reunion!!! OMG the Sayid/Nadia bit almost made me cry. Seriously, we've had 4 years leading up to that! Excellent! I don't think Jacks arrogant. Hes just determined. The Claire's mom bit was creepy, im so glad they finally revealed that! God i tell you Claire defiantly didnt get her looks from her mother thats for sure! Im nervous about whats going to happen on the freighter. How does everyone get from point A to B??? I want to see what the Orchid is all about. But seriously they act like the freighter folk are invincible. Heres a good thought, take a bullet and shoot Keamy in the head. Its not rocket science folks. God i cant wait 2 weeks!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when that woman came to jack at the funeral I KNEW it was claire's mum! she got better; yay! but she has no idea she has a grandson ;(

a few mentions of claire here and there; but overall they've forgotten about her. Again. her baby was left behind; who cares? lets focus on the more important stuff - grr. she wasnt even IN the ep!! come on!!! she better be in the finale or heads. will. roll.

i did love the scene with Jack Kate and Sawyer when they found him holding the baby; too cute. and he didnt hand aaron immediately over to kate; which i liked.

i was shaking/crying throughout the beginning when they met their families. so sad nadia wasnt there but omg; when they met up!!! i was so happy for my gorgeous sayid who scrubs up all purdy in a suit as does jack, but we knew that. and that photo they had up at the press conferance; wow. i wonder if they ever explain how they did it. i mean in the show, of course.

Hurley's party, lol. fun times. that thing with the numbers on the pedometer was uber creepy and one of the reasons lost is awesome.

Alpert and the Others return!! should prove interesting. i wonder what the hell is going to happen to Juliet, Rose and Bernard? im so scared for them! and i NEVER thought id be scared for Juliet. but I think I'll have to thank Kuliet for that

DId Kate get a little section about her? cos Jack got his dad's funeral, hurley had his party, sun had the run in with her dad and sayid had his meet up with nadia. was the fact that kate was in the bulk of them considered hers? or was it the fact that we saw her f/foward from eggtown? or she'll probably get one next week.

and omg; the C4 on the boat!!!

i love it cos at least one of the oceanic 6 is in a totally different place right now; yet we know they meet up at some point. what about all the redshirts?

and how awesome was sun going and buying into her dad's company? That chick is AWESOME!!! god; it makes me miss Jin tho. i have this bad feeling he's gonna get shot of the freighter....

fabulous start to the finale! questions were answered and everything! my only issue; no Claire. but as i said she better show up in the finale!!!

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I really loved that episode
I was emotional at the beginning with the Oceanic 6 when they were reuinted with their families.
I felt sad that Kate had no one to go to, Hurley kinda welcomed Sayid with his family
I was so exicted when Claire's mom turned up at Christain's funeral I was like YESH!!!!! Something has been solved I was waiting for her to say that it was Claire I was like hurry up woman
I was also wondering whether Kate would get her own little bit but I think that will be in the next weeks episode.
I was so glad that Nadia was there aswell I was like awww.
Hurley's party rocked
I couldn't believe the C4 on the boat I was like
I loved ass kicking Sun she put her father in place
I loved the scene with Aaron and Sawyer, and then him giving him to Kate was like awww.
I loved it also when Sawyer went on about Jack being so stubborn and wasn't dying alone lmao.
I was glad to see Richard on island again aswell
Can't believe how they ended it with Ben can't wait to see what's happened with him.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost was awesome last night! But as exciting as it is seeing them get off the island I almost don't want it to happen just yet. You know what I mean? It's just going to be weird not seeing Jack and Kate on the island next season. i wonder how they are going to do that? But that being said it was sooo interesting. I thought it was so sad when they first got off the plane and Sayid and Kate didn't have any family waiting for them. At least Hurley pulled Sayid over to meet his parents but Kate was just standing there and looked so sad. The one thing that bugged me though was when they asked Kate how old her baby was and she said 5 weeks...haha...there is no way that baby is 5 weeks. He looked at least 3 months to me....lol...but..yay, Jack finally knows Claire is his sister! That was a crazy way for him to find out! Did it seem like Kate over heard? I couldn't tell. I loved all the funny one liners we got from Sawyer!! We haven't haven't had enough Sawyer lately!! Bummer we have to wait 2 weeks for the finale!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
The one thing that bugged me though was when they asked Kate how old her baby was and she said 5 weeks...haha...there is no way that baby is 5 weeks. He looked at least 3 months to me

yeah; i know!! but check out aaron in The Greater Good; supposedly one day after his birth and he looks bigger than the baby in this ep!! lol there have been some giant babies playing aaron; sometimes emilie has had a hard time holding em. take a look at this one and this one!!! and that was in the season two finale; supposedly an almost one month old. lol there are laws about having babies work and stuff but still. altho maybe, since they normall use twins, that was just the bigger twin, lol

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I know! I noticed that the baby was a lot smaller than the baby just a few episodes ago where he was just sitting up on Hurley's lap..now that baby was like 6 months! LOL but I guess its just tv...and a lot of people that don't have kids might not really notice but people that do have kids will definitely notice something like that....I think they could have tried a little harder to be consistent...oh well.

Quote:
Does anyone else bawl uncontrollably through every episode lately, or is it just me?

Yeah Julia those FF just kill me....I always cry....I cried when they got off the plane and poor Kate was just standing there. And when Sayid and Nadia reunited!!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Fri May 16, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres only so many 1 month old white babies in Hawaii though you know.

Damn child labor laws!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I suppose you are right...its so weird how time stand still on that show b/c my daughter was about the same age as Aaron in 2004 and now she's 4!

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
lol I suppose you are right...its so weird how time stand still on that show b/c my daughter was about the same age as Aaron in 2004 and now she's 4!

lol! hense the disposable Aaron's i love watching them tho. some have hair, some dont, some are chubbier than others, some are girls, i guess they figure; heck its a baby!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: