Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Holidays
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Summer Holidays Reply with quote

Yay! It's finally getting warmer again here in Germany and summer's soon to come (hopefully).

So, where are you guys going to spend your summer holidays? Staying at home? Travelling somewhere? Do you have holidays at all?

Well, I'm a student which means I will have looong holidays.
I will probably spend a week in Cornwall / England and a few days in Munich here in Germany, visiting some friends.

How about the rest of you?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a student, but I have no holidays - at least, not for a few weeks yet. It's my own fault, though.

I am currently taking Evidence (required second year lawschool course, with its subject matter kind of obvious at first glance), but it is my only class. The rest of the time I am spending at my job at the archives in the undergrad/grad library here on campus. I worked at the archives as a grad student too, so am going on my second year as the archives assistant. My boss just turned 80 in late May, to boot. Why we even need an archives with him around, I'll never know.

With that said, I'll probably wind up traveling somewhere after summer classes are finished in mid-July. Hopefully not somewhere too hot (I hate summer weather.)
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got my first real part-time job, at McDonalds no less, heh, so I'll be working oer the summer, doing some LVI stuff, and hopefully having time to do all the stuff I've put off all over the year. If I actually manage to get that done... welll... wow that will be the first time in my life. That'd be... wow.
As for actual vacations, I'll be scuba diving a good deal with my buddy, and who knows, we may go to Vancouver Island for a bit (heh, you guys probably don't know where that is..). And at the end of the summer I'll be heading to... (MWAHAHAHAHA) The Penny Arcade Expo 2006! to see the Minibosses, play some games, and hopefully get past the first round in the SSBM tournament... heh. I've been there since it began two years ago . (E, you should totally go someday, catch a ride with the East Coast Supertrip bus, heh.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully not somewhere too hot (I hate summer weather.)

Well, I don't mind when it's sunny and warm, but I can't stand it, too, when it's getting too hot.

Quote:
As for actual vacations, I'll be scuba diving a good deal with my buddy

Sounds exciting!

Quote:
who knows, we may go to Vancouver Island for a bit (heh, you guys probably don't know where that is..).

Course we do!! It's that island next to Vancouver and to the Canadian / American border. Canada has always been one of the countries I always wanted to travel to (apart from New Zealand). I've been in New Zealand, but not in Canada yet. When I was younger I wanted to go to Vancouver in particular cuz that's where they were shooting the X-Files

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent the last 11 summers of my life getting up early and going to morning practices at gym. Well, this year we don't have them so I get to sleep in all summer, lol! I'm also taking off from one of my jobs, so this is the first time in a long time that I might actually have a (sorta) real summer. My big trip of the summer, I'm going to Dallas, TX at the end of June for an INXS concert, which I can hardly wait for!
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Summer Holidays Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I will probably spend a week in Cornwall / England

Oh my god.... people *actually* come to England for their holidays? I didn't think it was possible.... Wouldn't it be nicer to go somewhere like Greece or Spain? That's where we go

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to work, getting some money for my upcoming hockeyseason - I need new stuff, like a new helmet, new neckprotection, etc... so I'm gonna go work 5.30 every morning all weekdays until the middle of July. Then my vacation starts with going to Gotland (island in the Baltic Sea), going to Stockholm (a LOT of times), going to lakes and take a swim with my friends, shopping, lots of training, and the best of everything: 9th of August, when BWO is coming to my town to perform

When do you start school again? Mine starts 21st of August.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meandi wrote:
I'm gonna go work 5.30 every morning all weekdays until the middle of July.

5:30am!

Bloomin ell. Im going to Venice this year with my mum, brother and mum's boyfriend. Seeing as I insisted that we went there, everyone is gonna be really mean/off with me cos I have a weird family who hate hot weather

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh my god.... people *actually* come to England for their holidays? I didn't think it was possible.... Wouldn't it be nicer to go somewhere like Greece or Spain? That's where we go

Yeah, believe it or not... some people spend their holidays in England
Well, I might spend a week or so in Cornwall because a friend of mine is most likely going to be working there for three months and I want to visit her.

I spent a week in Madrid this February. Nice city, but definitely too big and too loud for me.
And Greece is too hot in the summer time.

Thus, I'll be going to England!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

Quote:
As for actual vacations, I'll be scuba diving a good deal with my buddy

Sounds exciting!

yeah it's pretty fun Though it would be really awesome if we had some tropical waters to dive in here. You go down 100 feet and it's pitch black because of the cloudy water creepy

Quote:

Yeah, believe it or not... some people spend their holidays in England

heheh yep, I'd love to go to England, or anywhere other than mainland North America for that matter . I'd love to see the museums and stuff there, be kinda cool to see anything older than a couple hundred years (and pretty much everything there is, right? )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd love to see the museums and stuff there, be kinda cool to see anything older than a couple hundred years (and pretty much everything there is, right? )

We have a bit of everything, I guess Beautiful nature in countries like Sweden or Finland and heaps of "old stuff" everywhere like castles. A lot of things worth having a look at, especially culture-wise.

Still wanna go to Canada though
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to Iceland for a week!
CHARLIE - This is the most crap idea ever. It's never gonna work.
~~~~~~~~
BOONE: You been using that wacky paste stuff that made me think my sister got eaten?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what? I know almost nothing at all abotu Iceland I would make the joke "Is it made out of ice" if I didn't know that's probably not true Is it really nice there?
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigur Rós is from iceland. A great band... well, now that's my knowledge about iceland
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
you know what? I know almost nothing at all abotu Iceland I would make the joke "Is it made out of ice" if I didn't know that's probably not true Is it really nice there?

Looks like it will be nice. I just wanted to go somewhere not alot of people have been. Don't know much about it. Will have to look up stuff on the net
My Dad has always wanted to go. So, when I said I wanted to go, he got a passport sorted.
CHARLIE - This is the most crap idea ever. It's never gonna work.
~~~~~~~~
BOONE: You been using that wacky paste stuff that made me think my sister got eaten?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: