Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiekiss
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: my video Reply with quote

Hi, I hope I put this in the right place. Okay, I made a video and posted it, but no one has yet to comment on it. I just want a little bit of feedback on it so I can see what I did wrong or right from the "professionals" here at LVI. I have alot of respect for you all and would really like to know what you think. Here is a link:

http://media.putfile.com/On-Fire-77

Thank you guys so much! This site is great!!

Jamiekiss
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jamie! I appreciate your request for some feedback, because not all that many vidders ever want to hear anything bad about their videos but in my mind, any vidder can be a superb vidder as long as they work hard at it, never give up, and have some original ideas up their sleeve. However, if you want some comments and criticisms, next time I suggest posting in the "Self Help" forum. Sorry for the confusion, it's just that this one is generally for technical problems, while that one is for vidder improvement (ever notice how it's sorta barren? )

As for your video, it was a really nice, pleasant look at the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle, but there are a lot of things you should work on with your next vids to make them a bit better:
1) avoid changing clips in the same "scene" (e.g. when Sawyer is standing next to the engine, it jumps from his head being down to his head being up, which was of course another clip.) Next time try slowing the clip down, change to a different clip if you can, or make a fade transition there so it's harder to notice.
2) A vid needs a point. Just following the basic lyrics of a song as simple as this just doesn't work that nicely! You've gotta think ahead: "what do I want to show in the vid?" and choose a song accordingly. You should never have trouble filling in parts of a song, you should be having trouble trying to fit in all you want to say! Even if it's just a basic Jate/Skate storyline, you should try and keep it linear, with one thing happening which leads to the next thign happening, like you're telling a story with the clips. Just a bunch of random clips of those three doesn't really say anything. And since there's so much competition in that sense, it's very important to have a battle plan.

Good luck in future vidding! The sheer fact that you're open to suggestions on improvement tells me you'll be great someday! Keep trying, and never give up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jamiekiss
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!! I know its strange to be that enthusiastic about someone critisizing their work but how are you gonna get better at it if you don't even know whatyour doing wrong. lol Thank you again.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Thanks for caring enough to want criticism! Good luck on your future vids!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: