Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh" by KajaM (The
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: "With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh" by KajaM (The Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh" 05-02-2012
Shanes love for Lori slowly turns into a dangerous obsession.
Fandom: The Walking Dead
Song: White Blank Page by Mumford & Sons
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:40 (110MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7K8uWSxl4
https://vimeo.com/41472786 (password: kajavids)
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG that was amazing! And the song choice was perfect! I loved that scene during the almost rape when he flashes back to when Rick first comes back. And then the look he gives Rick at the car after he kisses Lori. That look said it all and then the ending was really sad with the flashbacks. I'm still so sad Shane is dead. I was kinda hoping he and Lori would end up together.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Nikki!
Mumford & Sons are one of my all-time favourite bands and I've been wanting to vid to one of their songs for ages. "White Blank Page" always reminded me SO MUCH of Shane.

I miss Shane, too. Things will be so different without him. I liked the way he always tried to take care of Lori & Carl and I also loved his bromance with Rick. Too bad that his obsession with Lori lead to his death. I will miss him
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

I saw this on youtube, but i was waiting for you to upload it so i could comment it It's so well done! I love the song choice, it's my favorite song of Mumford and Sons and I think it's perfect for Shane! I like that part of the lyric 'can you kneel for the king' and you show a shane/ric scene like ric was the king..coz it makes sense. Shane always respected Ric. The last part was spot on when you show their ''memories''. Shane was my favorite character (haters gonna hate) and im so sad he left the show well done!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

I loved the coloring/glow/softness here; as well as the edits used. I loved the song here; I know little about Mumford & Sons but what I've heard I've enjoyed. I thought you captured Shane's derailment so well here, Karolina. I loved how it was ended.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

That was really good, Karolina!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you all so much!!!

Brooke: If you liked the songs you've heard so far I can point you to some more great songs by Mumford. They're SO GOOD!!!
Thank you for your comment!

Deia: Thank you so much, Deia!
This song is one of my favourites, too, and the "kneel before the king" is also one of my favourite lines. Yeah, haters gonna hate... and I don't give a damn about them! Shane was a fantastic, complex character and I will miss him a lot!

Heather: Thank you so much, Heather! I'm glad you liked it!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww this was so good. So sad for shane he really did love her! I will miss him next season lol (although he could return in flashbacks?). I always thought when lori pulled away from rick in the finale when he confessed to killing shane, that it wasn't that she was angry coz carl ended up killing him. That she realised she actully did love him rofl!!

anyways Great video

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was so awesome, Karolina! You captured Shane perfectly and as well the emotions between the three. Loved the coloring and clip use!

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a fantastic study of Shane and his relationships with Rick and Lori, Karolina! I tend to identify more closely with Rick so I found it interesting to view the love triangle from Shane's perspective. Perfect song choice for him btw! My favourite part was when you cut between Rick stabbing him and them laughing in the car before Rick got shot because (at the risk of sounding pretentious) by juxtaposing those two scenes, you managed to capture the almost Shakespearean essence of their relationship. Like you show in your vid, in hindsight you can see that everything that happened over the past two seasons was building up to this confrontation, yet it's still so tragic that Rick was forced into a position where he had to no choice but to kill his "brother"/ best friend and I can't imagine making the decision to murder Rick was easy for Shane either given their history.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer: Thank you so much, hon! Glad you like the colouring. It was giving me a bit of a hard time with some clips because they turned out to look just TOO yellowish, but I hope I managed to adjust them alright

Samara: I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one who believes that this storyline had so a strong "Macbeth-ish" feeling to it. I'm with you here: I'm more on Rick's side, but I felt for Shane, too, though. He was only trying to do the right thing - protecting Lori & Carl when he believed that Rick was dead - until he fell in love with Lori. He then just made all the wrong decisions you could make, on an emotional and honest background though. I know that a lot of people hated him and were glad that he was gone but I was really sad and upset when he was murdered because he was such a tragic figure really.
Anyway, thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! *hugs*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

Omg the lyrics of this song was so perfect for Shane. You did such a good job with the beats and the colouring. Loved the end when you had Rick tell Lori and she storms off, and all the flashbacks to the happy times with Shane broke my heart.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't seen this show, but I really enjoyed your vid. I loved your coloring and shadow/silhouette cloud thingy around the vid.

I really liked your beat use and your internal movement with the clips - eg, the push at 1:16.

Nice job, Karolina.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul: Thank you for your comment! As for the ending, I just had to use that Lori/Rick-falling-apart-moment at the end of the vid because I'm pretty sure that Shane's death and Rick's deed will still have a huge impact on Lori's and Rick's relationship in S3. (I can't WAIT for S3!!! )

Maria: Thank you so much! Glad you liked the techniques and effects I used here If you don't mind watching that Zombie stuff, I highly recommend this show to you. It's a great drama show, too, and has so many great characters!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: With My Whole Heart - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

That was perfect Karolina!!! Brilliant editing, I loved this so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: