Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Kinds of Wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: All Kinds of Wrong Reply with quote

Okay, I'm a Jack and Kate shipper, and I'm DEFINITELY not a Britney fan, but how is there NOT a video to Britney Spears' Toxic for Kate and Sawyer?

It is just all kinds of wrong.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote my old pal Gandalf:

"Don't TEMPT me, Frodo!"

Of course, you're not Frodo (uh, right? ) but the feeling's still the same. I just don't have enough street cred left to do a Britney Spears vid. I've used it all up with Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River" and Vanessa Carlton's version of "Paint It Black."

But I agree, it would be a cool Skate vid! Hope somebody does it!

~Aislynn
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn! You HAVE to do it! COME ON! YOU! You are the perfect person to do this vid!

Look, street cred or no street cred, I dispise JT and I LOVED that video of yours. This would be amazing.

FutureKC says: "FutureAislynn's street cred suffered no observable blows for doing the Toxic vid. In fact, she gained respect in the vidding world for making the Spears-inator tolerable. We look at FutureAislynn in awe and admiration and kiss her feet daily."
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
FutureKC says: "FutureAislynn's street cred suffered no observable blows for doing the Toxic vid. In fact, she gained respect in the vidding world for making the Spears-inator tolerable. We look at FutureAislynn in awe and admiration and kiss her feet daily."

The Spears-inator??? Ah, FutureKC, you rock da house!

As for the vid... I hate to admit how tempted I am to do it except for the fact I've got a big project in progress with my "Stockholm Syndrome" vid for Laura and Adlin's challenge. So anything else is going to have to wait until after Jan 25th (or earlier if I finish up sooner but I imagine I'm gonna need all the time I can get! ). So I won't make a claim on this just in case somebody else would really like to do it. But, if nobody takes it, then I'll be all over it like dimples on a Southern boy!

FutureAislynn says: "Wow, that was SO awesome how PresentKC understood about the whole "Toxic Skate" vid thing! She's groovy like gravy, man!"

S'okay?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make Nate do it. He likes to complain about bad songs? WELL, I have a solution to THAT!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a MASSIVE dose of inspiration here regarding this whole "Toxic Skater" vid thing...

...are you ready for it? Stand back, here it comes...

Why don't you do it, KC? It was your idea, after all! I think that would TOTALLY rock! Especially since you're more of a Jack/Kate fan (notice how I didn't call you a Jater? ). A lot of times vidding outside of your normal favorites can result in really awesome results. I think you could put together a Skate vid that wouldn't look like any other Skate vid, just because you're not all ooshy-gooshy (new term for the day ) over Sawyer. It would be a whole new perspective into Skate.

Whatcha think? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Remember, after all, that this Raving Sawyerette here made her very first "serious" vid... for Jack!

Just a thought, anyway. I hope you're, er, not still having problems making vids, of course... 'Cause that would be, you know, all sucky and everything...

~Aislynn
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI. I actually HAVE downloaded one episode from this season now! (Not including my sucky iTunes Collision version!) About five minutes ago I finally got What Kate Did from lost vids at livejournal and I'm going to try to carry out my plan to get the other eight before the "break" is up.

If anybody wanted to help me out in that endeavor.... that would be great. You know where my PM box is!

Wait? You want ME to make a Sawyer/Kate vid? Seriously? I will have to think about it. Yes it was my idea... but um. Well, okay so I can't think of a reason why I should turn it down except that I am afraid I might not be able to do the song justice. (Yes, I DID just say that.) Cause it's all fastbeats and that has not historically been one of my strongpoints (oh if Laura could hear me now.)

I really wanna do that Laura/Adlin challenge when I am done with finals and I even reserved a song and everything so I had better do it or Laura will beat me down. Maybe after. ALSO I am working on a fanfic. (*gasp*) MoreLight is my (excellent, excellent) beta.

So I'm going to follow your example and say that I will keep the idea in mind, unless someone else *cough*Aislynn*cough* does it first. So if you're in the toxic-type mood. Feel free to take a crack at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: