Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hallelujah" by Hobbes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok................................................................

Vicky, breathe, breathe, breathe

I think I am gonna cry with tears of happiness.... that was pure genius and I hope when we finally get a real Jate kiss it looks as good as that

your vids are always worth the wait Warren, and this was no exception, fantastic work....

I wish I could say more, but I am speechless (and still trying to control my breathing )
ilariadepp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAUTIFUL VID! fell shivers down my spine!
Mandi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was an amazing video. I hate Jate, but that made me almost like them. The vid was amazingly done and the kiss was so realistic... hopefully we wont be seeing any of that on the show though. lol. Awesome video.

Part of KC's Entourage
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate: Glad that I killed you errr....
Still Vegas actually! I didn't end up using any of you advice though, so sorry about not putting you in the credits

Vicky: that one comment made this video completely worthwhile. Thank you

ilaradepp: ditto!

Mandi: glad a non-Jater can still appreciate it. I wouldn't really consider myself a Jater either, but if it happens, it happens besides, it'd mean more vidding material, having an actual functional relationship instead batrely enough to make a manipulated video out of Though nobody used the Shayid while it lasted either... hmmm...

Glad you guys thought the kiss was realistic. I had that planned since the first hour, but had no idea how to do it until I'd finished 90% of the video thankfully there were two matching scenes where they're at the right angle for it. You should see what I was gonne use if this didn't work imagine Jack's wife with her hair dyed brown. Yeah...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Devan
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God, I'm not even really a Jater and I'm freakin out here. In short, I wish my vidding skills were half as amazing as yours are. I was just thinking of making my first AU vid, but now I saw this and I know there's no way in hell I could top it so..

Anyway, I can't believe that kiss at the end! It was perfect. Incredible job
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applaudes*

That is, without a doubt, some of the finest vid manipulation that I've ever seen! Bravo!

*can completely imagine Jack's wife with her hair dyed brown* I did a simple picture effect waaaaay back when that put Kate's head on her body at the altar with Jack and it was really hard work! It boggles my mind how much effort it would be to actually manipulate video like that! And it worked, my brutha! It lined up just perfectly!

*more applause*

And yes, the Skater in me was cheering all through those few, brief *sigh* seconds with Sawyer there... Again, a very tidy fit with the lyrics, even IF Kate did chose the wrong fellow... *ducks objects thrown by angry Jaters*

What's really left for me to say other than:

A.A.V.B.W.

Another Amazing Vid By Warren.

Every vid of yours is well worth the wait as well as worth the dial-up hassle to download it.

So.... Whatcha gonna do next, huh? Huh? Huh????

[subliminal suggestion]Sawyer vid[/subliminal suggestion]

What? I didn't say anything!

To say excellent work really doesn't do it justice, but, to paraphrase Hurley "Sorry, dude. That's all I got."

Beautifully, skillfully done.

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devan: Hey! don't let me discourage you from making your own AU vids! Thanks for liking the vid!

Aislynn: I'm glad my little ol' vid was worth the wait both the dial-up wait and the long vidding span wait
As always, thank you for the kind and prompt reviews! I knew you'd like thew Sawyer scene my mom's favourite also, of course "Why did you put the Jate kiss in there? it looks like Kate's nose is growing. She's like Pinnochio! You need more Sawyer. Why did you make this a Jate video?"

Quote:
So.... Whatcha gonna do next, huh? Huh? Huh????

[subliminal suggestion]Sawyer vid[/subliminal suggestion]

Wow, that certainly was subliminal! I would make a Sawyer vid if I found the right song that just seemed to fit to him, but I haven't yet. I have ideas for a Hurley vid, another Locke vid (someone help me!) and a few humor or acton ensembles. But I don't have any solid plans, so you might just have to wait a while for the next Warren vid I'll try not to keep the fans waiting though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tessa
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: I loved this video! Reply with quote

This video was very well done. It's very emotional...for me anyway. Nice job.
sawyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very good. I don't even like jack and kate (i'm a liker of Sawyer/Kate) but i loved that video. Great Job
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sawyer, you should have this as your sig:

Credit to Locke

banner and av by et546 of Lost-Forum.
^^but I added the really tiny writing.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't comment on this before, Hobbes. I watched it first day it was up, then forgot to comment.

I'm not a Jater or a Skater, so it was fine by me. Those morphs were awesome (oh what a shock, I'm not the first to say that ), and I have to say I didn't know you made the song shorter. Seemed fine to me. Anyway, great vid. Maybe you could do a Hurlielle kiss scene next.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren, my Jater heart practically burst outta my chest when I first watched this video. Especially the Jate kiss part. WOW!!!!
I really loved this video H, you did such an amazing job on it. Not just with the manip scenes but with the entire thing, especially the editing.
Awesome, awesome job. Ok I think I'm gonna go watch it again. lol
Loved it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lovely! And I missed this on my birthday too! Silly me!

Warren, you're like a genius!

Did you manipulate the KD Lang song too? It sounded a bit like you did. The voice got a little creepy there at the end haha. You could have used the absolutely gorgeous version of the song by Rufus Wainwright for the boy parts. Hehe.

Other then that, Warren! You God-like being you! Applause! Applause!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! I was worried I wasn't gonna get anymore comments for a while there! (Ungrateful, greedy person I am! )

As for the ever-mysterious manipulated song: I didn't actualyl shorten it at all I know that's one of Nate's first rules for a song: shorten the hell out of it! But I felt any section of the mere FOUR clumps of lyrics gone and I'd have nothing left to vid to.
The real manipulation (and crime to K.D. Lang ) was actually the duet. In the original version of this song, it's all Kate (female) but to fit the lyrics, I knew I needed Jack's point of view (that Sawyer scene wouldn't work at ALL otherwise) for part of it. So I opened it up in my trusty SoundForge (audio counterpart ot Vegas! ) and loered the pitch, then matched the timing of all the parts I wanted jack. It worked out really nicely, aside from a few really messy changes which I'm NOT gonna tell you where or else you'll DEFINITELY recognise them (my mom kept cringing as soon as she knewwhere I messed with the song... ). I decided to make the last part a duet to climax with the clips. originally it was just going to be 1/2 Jack, 1/2 Kate. I hope it turned out for the better this way

Anyway, that is why I hope K.D. Lang never stumbles upon it and sues me 1. For using her song without permission 2.For modifying it immensely
This was the best version of over 200 files I looked though to find the best song though, so maybe she'll forgive me for that .
I don't think I ever came across Rufus Wainwright's version actually KC but even if I had, splicing it with K.D. Langs would be some other feat entirely I'm not a DJ, believe it or not.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn no comment on the Hurlielle?

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: