Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU" by Belle MacFarla

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: "Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU" by Belle MacFarla Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU" 02-16-2010
Full description on YT Ben and Kate were together off Island, but they get seperated after coming back. Ben persuades Locke to send him back. He finds Kate had fallen for Roger, and when the DHARMA Initiative kill Kate, they blame each other for it.
Song: Mercy by Duffy
Vidder: Belle MacFarlane
Length: 2:44 (14.0MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbD0_In10jI

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a little confused with the story line, until i read your yt description. Also didn't think the song really suit the storyline.

Other that crictism good manips.

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
fearandloathin
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Don't reeeeally get the storyline. To me also, if I'm honest, this seems very Sophie, cept, sorry, I have to say, Soph's vids are better (but she does have more experience) Guessing you've been watching for a little inspiration? Liking the manips, although, was hard for me to be convinced Kate was kidding Ben, as a hardcore LOST fan, I knew majority of the snogs were Jack

Being a vidder who usually chooses songs in a vid for a particular reason, I didn't really get why this song was particularly chosen, but maybe you had no intention of it fitting lyrics or something similar.

Aside from that, was good
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

4290 wrote:
To me also, if I'm honest, this seems very Sophie, cept, sorry, I have to say, Soph's vids are better (but she does have more experience) Guessing you've been watching for a little inspiration?

Soph doesn't own Bate I know Soph's vids are better, she's been doing it for ages, I started less than a year ago I got the inspiration from watching Some Like It Hoth, I was like "ooh could totally do a Kate/Roger AU" which quickly turned into a Bate AU
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for Bate! Its one of my favorite AU ships and Sophie is the only one that vids them so I'm glad you gave it a shot. I enjoyed some of the manips even though I agree the story was a little hard to follow. But I loved your manips when it starts out with Kate in the shower and Ben in bed and the phone call scene was cool too. I didn't understand that the DHARMA Initiative shot Kate until I read the description. It would have been helpful to show a shot of Kate after the far away shot of Alex. Like that shot of Kate from "The Other Woman" after Charlotte knocks her out and her head is all bloody. That would have been perfect! If you want beta for your next AU I'd be happy to look at it see if the story flows. Still, good job on this...I enjoyed it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think what zoe was getting at was one of the manips the shower/ben in bed scene was similar to mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqTT1wr1mVg

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my favorite Bate vid of yours Sophie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlinusisagoodguy wrote:
i think what zoe was getting at was one of the manips the shower/ben in bed scene was similar to mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqTT1wr1mVg

haven't actually seen that one I suppose there's only so many Bate scenes you can manip
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Belle MacFarlane wrote:
4290 wrote:
To me also, if I'm honest, this seems very Sophie, cept, sorry, I have to say, Soph's vids are better (but she does have more experience) Guessing you've been watching for a little inspiration?

Soph doesn't own Bate I know Soph's vids are better, she's been doing it for ages, I started less than a year ago I got the inspiration from watching Some Like It Hoth, I was like "ooh could totally do a Kate/Roger AU" which quickly turned into a Bate AU

Yeah I know you haven't been doing it as long as Soph, I did sanction that. I've been doing it longer then you too, and mine still have many flaws! Didn't say Soph owns Bate either I said it's very similar to her Bate vid in how some of the clips are arranged.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

I enjoyed it, a great interesting ship. Although I could not hear the audio. I would have made the video a little longer, showing they are actually together, and that they were separated. I read the description, but from the video I just didn't get that feeling, and was a bit lost. Also one more thing, the beginning. I would have done some coloring to either the Kate part of the video to make it looked like she was in dark, or the Ben clip to make it look like he was in the day. Interesting ship.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Im Under Your Spell :: Bate AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

I watched the video without looking at the summery for it- I still can't read the summery because I'm on my mobile, so... Here's what I have to say just based on the video itself. I actually followed it pretty well. I liked the beginning part where you had Kate breaking into Ben's house to shower. That was quite a cute idea. I do think the audio was a little over-powered by the music. There could have been smoother transitions between the time passing in the beginning- to depict that, fading through longer would showed time passing and be much more evident to the audience. There was a moment that became a little confusing in the middle ( though I was still able to follow-) You showed a clip of Locke turning back the wheel, and it was quite fast... for improvement, maybe a soundclip of Ben saying he wants to find Kate, or maybe some text just to show the story a little more smoothly and make it easier to follow. All in all, I thought it was a good idea and there were some well edited manips in there. Don't let the critical remarks get you down though, because it was an enjoyable video. The first time I started seeing Bate vids was after I made a video in the February 2008 contest on LVI- it was sort of a joke triangle video with Kate and Locke and Ben. I've seen a lot of vids inspired off that video with my manips that I made myself-- so you know, a lot of vidders improve by first implimenting and studying other people's work. I myself have looked and studied professional videos that are well edited and pick up some technique from that. From there you can improve and develop your own editing style.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: