Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane Katrina Relief

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Katrina Relief Reply with quote

I'm sure all of you have seen the news reports of the destruction in the Gulf Coast of the US. If you've wondered how you can help or wondered how you could possible do anything just read below.

I've seen first hand what these families are going through. My dad's family is from Alabama but luckily they don't live anywhere near the coast. My family also lived in Florida when Hurricane Andrew (1992) went through. Luckily our house had been spared by Andrew but many many other people were not as lucky. My brother and I were only children then so I know how hard this is on the adults as well as the families. These people need help and as fellow members of the human race it is our duty to do what we can. I'm strapped for money but if I can only donate just a dollar it's better then nothing.

Even if you donate only a quarter or fifty cents it's still something. Also, if enough people are interested in taking up a LVI collection fund for Hurricane Victims I will open up the LVI Donation account for collection. But I don't want to immediately do that because I want to encourage all of you to donate to red cross and the below PayPal account set up by PayPal. If you think we should take up a site collection then let me know and I'll do that with the total collection being donated to Red Cross in the name of LVI and it's members. But I want to strongly encourage you to look into Red Cross direclty first. Every penny will help these people.

Red Cross
http://www.redcross.org/

United Way Donation through PayPal
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/PayPalKatrinaReliefEffort-outside

If any of you have wondered how you could help these people then this is your chance. If everyone that visits LVI donates a quarter towards this disaster then we could make a good donation to these people. They need everything they can get to help them. During Hurricane Andrew people, complete strangers, stepped up and donated money and time to help rebuild and there generosity never went forgotten by people that lived in Florida. Like I said my family had been spared but my dad had been working in Homestead prior to the Hurricane and the store he worked at was leveled. So please look into your hearts and even if you can only spare a few pennies then please do so. My recommendation would be to donate directly to red cross so it can immediatly start getting used.

This is the chance for all of you to help these people start getting there lives back together.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... a very good cause indeed
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad someone brought this up finally. My heart goes out to that whole crisis in the South. I don't have a way to donate, nor enough money, but I can at least send my prayers, especially for any LVI members who got caught up in this. We're all hoping for their safety!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans looks awful on the news. I really hope noone else dies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: