Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Absence of Fear - Skate" by nikkimonique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that was awesome Nikki The manips were great! I really love the end, it was so sweet. Fabulous job!
MeeMee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'S PERFECT
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so many comments! You guys are the best! Thanks so much!

Kate, you are so sweet I always love getting comments from you! *hugs*

Eryn, Thanks! Yay for protective Sawyer!

Freya, Thanks for watching! I'm glad you mentioned the "beating herself up lines" I was hoping that would play out well.

Elyse, I've missed my Skate AUs too... I needed to get back to my roots...hahaha. Thanks for your comment.

Stacey, You are too sweet! Thanks for watching all my renders!

Heather, Thanks for always commenting on every single one of my vids. You are awesome!

Erin, Glad you enjoyed the song and story! *hugs*

Jemma, Thanks for watching! *hugs*

MeeMee! Thanks! Yay!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just thought I should leave a comment here since it was that good. I just loved it! Great job! Excellent manipulations (as usual) and I loved the story. Even though it was graphic at the beginning (actually, I could really see all that much, didn't really seem that bad...) I think it was a very well done story.

And of course I love happy Skate AUs. I'm actually hoping to make a Skate AU soon that will be uber happy and sweet.

A++++ and a bunch of gold stars!

PS- what is the audio at the beginning from (don't know if this has already been asked... sorry if it has.)?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG! That was soooo good, Nikki! It was so incredibly sad and angsty, poor Kate! But aww, I just loved Sawyer constantly comforting her and being there for her whenever she needed him, it was so sweet. I loved the "don't beat yourself up" and "I won't hold it against you" lines. So sad and sweet! Awesome manips and storyline, Nik, it was beautiful! The end was so adorable! Aww, this was just amazing. I loved that it had a happy ending. Gold!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Freckles...I'm glad you thought it wasn't too graphic. I was just worried b/c of the screaming and just the idea of her Father raping her was pretty hardcore...so i just wanted to make sure to warn everybody so no one got upset. The audio and rape scene is from this movie called Descent. And the scene of Kate examining her body is from a movie called The Secret. Thanks for your comment and I look fwd to seeing more Skate Au's from you! Your last one was fantastic!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey Allie... I didn't see you! We cross posted! Thanks! Yay! Glad you liked it so much! I always love to hear what you think. *hugs*

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Nikki!
Great vid from you again. You do really well with dark story lines, especially when they deal with Kate's past. I mean, the rape scene could be seen as too much, but now I relate it to your signature style as opposed to obscene/overtly graphic.
I really loved the way you portrayed the skate relationship. I was just subtle, really sweet and protective for kate. I even though it was an AU storyline the relationship aspect was still extremely accurate with it's skatiness. Sawyer lives to protect Kate and doesn't hold her past against her and Kate always feels safe and accepted in his arms. Great job Nikki!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little worried at the beginning I wouldn't like it, but wow, you did an awesome job. The dialogue and scenes were so well meshed, and it had a really sweet feeling to it after all. Just like Skate I'd say. Great job.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yael, thanks so much! I always love to read what you have to say about my vids. I'm glad you think I portrayed Skate accurately. yay!

TRoss. Thanks so much for watching and taking the time to leave me a comment. Its very much appreciated! *hugs*

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this was amazing! the darkness shocked me at first, but it really added to the video, rather than just being there. (and is it lame, as a duchovny fan, that i got excited when i recognized the clips from 'the secret'?)
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yay for DD fans!! Thats cool that you recognized that scene...I didn't think anyone would! Glad you enjoyed the video. Thanks for your comment!

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool job on this I loved the audio at the beginning that was very fitting for the video
I loved the use of the clips from Whisper Your choices of audio were also very good
Awww I loved the ending of the video with a Skate family, very cute
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charlee!!

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Absence of Fear - Skate by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I've been meaning to comment here too b/c I loved this so much but only just got round to it. This is deffo one of my fav. vids of yours (even though I love 'em all ) I just love how you portray the emotion in it so perfectly and tell such an awesome heartbreaking story but its so cute at the same time. Ok we get I'm go good with words...but basically...I just LOVED it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: