Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Ais, I'll have to try it out.

icon by becca
Aimee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToxicTrashAlarm wrote:
Hello there! Only just got Sony Vegas today and I'm ALREADY stuck ;P
I seem to have created some sort of 'Loop Region' which messes up the song sometimes
Its quite annoying and I really have no idea how to get rid of it.
This may seem like basic knowledge but I'm a newbie to Vegas!
Please help me!!

I don't know if this is the type of looping you guys are talking about, but have you tried clicking on the arrow I circled at the bottom?
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gang!

I have a question for all you helpful Vegas-users. I'm just now starting to get the hang of this program, and I've been pretty good at just playing around and finding out how things work.

But the one thing I'd like to know/am curious about is how you insert a watermark or whatnot, as to prevent clip theft. I haven't had a problem with clip theft, but I figure it'd be cool to maybe make a little watermark so people can tell that's *my* video. I've noticed this on a lot of vids lately too. Is this something I'd accomplish through just adding text to all my clips, or can I make a picture in photoshop and import it or something?

I'm sure someone's probably asked this before, and I've looked through a couple of the Vegas threads, but so far I haven't found anything. If you could point me in the right direction, I would love you forever!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well you can do this a couple of ways there's the simple way of adding text to your video,

or if you wanted to use a picture you would have to put it on a photoshop program and then colour the background blue, or I've found other colours also work and then use on Video FX > Chromo Keyer until your background has disappeared and you are left with the picture you want
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, either just add it as text and size and place it where you want or do the Chroma keyer trick on a symbol or picture, as Charlee mentioned! (If your graphics program supports transparency in .PNG form, then you can also make everything transparent except for your image then just import that picture and Vegas will keep the transparency. )
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in here before asking about borders (just the normal "letterbox" type borders) and Emma gave me a border I could import in to Vegas to stop flashes escaping my pretty-fied border. But here's the problem, it looks fine in vegas but this is the problem when I render it

Quote:

It's really annoying, especially as I can't see it in Vegas until I start rendering it. What can I do to fix it? :\
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...

Have you tried opening the pan/crop tool on your border, right-clicking inside of the box and selecting Match Output source? (It says something like that anyway, my Vegas isn't open at the moment so I can't see it. But it says something about match output ratio/source/something. ) I honestly don't know if that'll help but I've had still pics do weird things when I imported them and telling it to match the output source has helped.

If it doesn't help, then I'm really not sure what could be causing that, especially since it just does it when you render! *looks confuzzled*
donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the same border as Jemmz and I'm having the same problem....it looks fine until I render it and then I have bits hanging out the sides.

I don't have an art program to resize the border,I tried in my paint program but the new sized border lost its opaqueness.

Would anyone be able to help out with a border with a bit more width... and also with a bit more thickness in the black border?

I know Emma posted the border for Jemmz so I hope it was ok for me to help myself to it
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, I think I had the same problem at some point, but I can't remember how I fixed it

Heres the one I'm using at the moment and I don't have the problem anymore, but I'm not sure whether its actually the same file or not lol

http://www.zshare.net/image/18451543452cbd8d/

If that doesn't fix it, just let me know and I'll make a new one that hopefully works when I get back. I'd try now but I gotta dash

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Emma and Ais, niether of those things worked :'[ Thanks anyway.

So yeah could you please make a new one for us, Emma? That might work. It's a smallish problem but it makes my whole vid just look so rubbish!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz, have you tried adding the border to a text clip? im not sure if the one emma made will work; but try one of the default ones you get in vegas. When you add your tag on the vid when its done; add the border to that rather than the clips. since its the top track it covers all and takes out the flashes. that's what I do sometimes I forget tho you could also add it to the texture if you use on on a vid

also try making the clips all the same size with the pan/crop button. I suggest "Widescreen TV Aspect Ratio". you can always save the video without a border, reload it into vegas and then change the size with the Pan/Crop button and then add the border. that's a surefire way stop the flashes:P its just annoying saving the vid twice :S

Donna, you can change the thickness of a border like this (screen caps are just love, arent they?)

Spoiler:

just drag that little mark along and make it as thick as you want. the easiest way to edit a border is drag the "Reset to None" option in the Borders in Event FX. its the first one. then this little box ^^^ pops up and you can edit to ur hearts delight

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think Kat's way is much better

If you still can't get it to work I'll try make a wider one, but I just attempted to use a wider one I made and it didn't really work lol

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Kat, that's what I already do-adding the border to the text clip but I haven't tried rendering it first then adding the border so I'll try that! Thanks!
donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with the border is that I only want it on the top and bottom of the clips but when you use the borders on video FX it closes in the clip on all sides. Im loving the vids with a thick black top and bottom border and with a little strip of colour running along inside of it, for example, fabris new vid.. ignore the red outline its just my snip mark.

ETA, the match output source advice seems to help, thanks!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I do when I want a border on just the top and bottom is I use a rectangular cookie cutter, select a border and then make it so large that it only covers the top. then I had a second cookie cutter, exactly the same, and add it to the bottom.

yeah; try saving it than re-importing it jemmz i usually render it for the first time in HQ so that way when you render it a second time the quality is still good lemme know how you go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53

Jump to: