Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick zooms are done using keyframes. If you're unsure about how to use keyframes, consult this article. Make sure you read the whole thing, because it will explain how to zoom using the keyframes a little further down. The closer the keyframes are together, the quicker the zoom.

As for quick flashes, it all depends. You can achieve it many different ways. I tend to do it the long way, which is split the clip where I want the flash, then drag it so they overlay, then add the flash transition there for about 7 seconds or however long I need it to be. But I'm sure someone else knows a much easier way.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use the addictive dissolve effect which does the same thing. If you just overlay the clip where you want the effect to be and just put the effect on the overlay
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that myself too Charlie. ^__^ Thanks for reminding me. I forgot all about that!
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so either way (with additive dissolve or flash) I have to split the clip and overlay it, right? lol.

Thanks for the article!!! I'm going to read it!!!

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Yeah Steph no probbies
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*is late to the party*

riay_night wrote:
so either way (with additive dissolve or flash) I have to split the clip and overlay it, right? lol.

That's probably the easiest way to get a nice flash without changing to a different shot. I've found you can get pretty tricky with it by splitting the clip, then going back and stretching the first clip forward and the second clip back, so that they have some of the same footage in both clips. (I hope that makes sense... ) Then when you pull the second clip back into the first, you can play around with it until it looks seamless, like it's back to one clip again. Then you apply the flash transition to the overlapped parts and it'll give you a flash transition without actually having a transition.

You can also use the brightness/contrast effect or even the glow effect. They also make use of keyframes (which can seem really confusing at first but they're really invaluable tools! ). You just click on the keyframe timeline, set the brightness controls to normal, click a little farther down the timeline and set the brightness controls up as high as you'd like, then go back and right-click the first keyframe and click copy, then click the timeline down past the second keyframe, right-click and paste. By moving those keyframes closer together and farther a part, you can get either a quick flash or a softer one. You can move them wherever you need on that keyframe timeline to get it to strike on the beat.

Again, hope that all makes sense! ♥!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told ya other people would know some good ways. I do that with the clip overlaying too Ais, it's crazy. But sometimes I need it to be exact, so I really zoom in and get technical on the seconds and stuff.

Thanks for adding guys! ^_^ I felt like a big dummy-head there trying to explain how to do the flash.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph, I hate to admit that I didn't realize until right now that I gave the exact same explanation you did! *SO much facepalm* And yes, I read your post before I did mine! *more facepalm with a side of headdesk* I guess that's why it sounded like such a good idea, lol!

However, that's exactly how I usually do a flash because I find it can give you a really nice "soft" look when you overlay the clips by about a mile.

Sorry about the whole, you know, copy-cat thing, though.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. I managed to get Vegas Movie Studio 6.0 to use .AVIs twice but now it's totally thrown in the towel on me and won't do it again. So I got desperate and tried the Four CC Code changer, putting DIVX in both of the boxes when it asks, clicking apply, and this is what happened:

Yes, the picture is now upside-down and backwards, lol! And needless to say, Vegas really doesn't like this footage now! (However, I had my Wheaties before I did this, so therefore had the forethought to make a copy of my file first before I tried the code changer on it. So I didn't just ruin my only copy of this ep, whew! )

Just wondering if anybody else has had this happen or not. Yes, I have DivX installed, by the way. Guess it's back to converting all of my eps into WMV with WMM first... Ah well, it was a nice dream while it lasted!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, I've had that before and it's bloody annoying.
Do you put DIVX in both parts in capital?
I know I always do that now so it stays normal because when you put one in lower case (not sure which one) it then decides to flip, well that's what it did with me
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*makes new copy, tries again*

Holy moly, it worked! *stands everybody back on their head and turns them back around the right way*

I could've sworn I did the capitals thing the first time but maybe I didn't! Thanks, Charlie! *makes you happy dance with me*

It will now import into Vegas but there's no sound at all, it acts like there was never any attached to it, doesn't try to built peaks or anything. But that's actually better than when it was trying to build peaks. If I didn't stop it, then it would finally tell me there was an error with the codec. If I did stop it from building the peaks, then it wouldn't show me the peaks on my music, which was annoying because I use those to help time things in correctly. So at least now I can have the peaks on my music without it giving me the codec error! Yay! And if I need audio from the ep, I'll just do what I did in my Terminator vid: pop it over into WMM and render just that scene for the audio.

Though it still seems sadly strange that WMM can handle all sorts of AVIs and Vegas rolls over and dies with them...

Anyway, thanks again so much, hon! *more happy dancing*
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehe No Probbies
Yeah Mine does that on Vegas won't give me the audio and then my WMM is just a biatch on vista

But I'm glad it's worked for you I always make sure it's capitals now because i've done it so many times I've lost count .
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YES! Its VERY caps sensitive. I think I remember putting that in my tutorial which is gone now, sorry about those but I lost the images like a dolt. *facepalm for me this time* Glad you got it working Aislynn because that would drive me nutz too!

And don't worry about above Aislynn. I didn't even realize you did. Shows you how much even I was paying attention to my own words! XD
The_Phantom_CC
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the trail version of Vegas and it's been going okay but, being the n00b I am, I can't figure out how to get rid of the audio on the video clips. It won't let me delete them from the timeline without deleting either the whole clip or all the audio. Can someone please help before I go crazy? Thank you!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! A little tricky because they sync the audio with the video to keep them neater.

Refer to this: http://www.dv-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2622

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 29 of 53

Jump to: