Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wonderwall" by cylune
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this post turns out to be short, but it's only cos i'm practically speechless.

The music for starters! Like yourself, I preffer the Oasis one but I do agree that it is a little too upbeat for this sad storyline. I love that blurry/smudges border you have around the clips, it's so pretty and gives the video more effect. And the ending.. GUH. The whole Charlie saying goodbye to Des was hard enough to watch! But you go and put those happy clips in? It killed me. I wept!

Just amazing Cinthia, beautiful. I miss Charlie so much, but hopefully just cos he's off the show doesn't mean there wont be any more vids about him, especially from you

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof

Last edited by IntoTheVoid on Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Just amazing Cinthia, beautiful. I miss Charlie so much, but hopefully just just he's off the show doesn't mean there wont be any more vids about him, especially from you
Thank you so much Elle!!

I hope too that there's going to be a lot of Charlie and C/C vids... and I now have lots of ideas. Seems like Charlie's death has giving me lots of inspiration.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinthia ~ you already know how emotional this vid made me. It truly is a beautiful tribute... the first time I watched it on youtube it was the black and white shot of Charlie being hit by the water... just that shot of him and the song the tears just started flowing... oh and the shots from Desmonds POV looking through the glass just break my heart.... I keep thinking of the burden he had to carry with having this knowledge and in the end not being able to do anything about it... and with Charlie's smile ... letting him know it's okay... *omg i'm crying again* ...

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww, thank you so much again Sheree. That black and white part was actually the first clip I included in the vid. I wanted to see if the music would fit well that part before continuing with the Ryan Adams cover... it did and then I knew it was more appropriate than Oasis.

You're so right about Desmond. As if he wasn't tormented enough... *hugs Desmond*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!
I cried after the Season finale and especially after Charlie's death...i loved him sooo much!!!
And this video made me cry again...ohhh cylune i know that you're PB&J shipper and it must have been hard for you...i was sooo sad after the scene with his death and the next one was Aaron crying...
Such a wonderful video!!!!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Borislava. That scene of Aaron crying after Charlie's death was so moving...

And yeah, as I am sad about loosing my favorite character, my ship also sank. And it sank without getting barely any screentime this season. We got one little kiss and two hand holding. Barely any dialogue. I thought that the reason why they weren't getting a lot of screentime was because they really wanted them to be there for the long run and they didn't want to overexpose their relationship. I couldn't be more wrong....
They didn't even said 'I love you' to each other... but I guess Charlie dying for her and Aaron speak for itself. I wish we could have seen Claire showing a little more concern though. *sigh* It just feels so unfinished...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been made! It's been made!

This was so unbelievably beautiful. I loved how you kept changing POV throughout the verses (for example, most of it - like "I don't believe anybody feels the way I do about you now" - was Desmond toward Charlie, but then "the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out" was about Charlie toward Desmond) gave the feeling that although the show led on with the point that Des needs to save Charlie, there is also a part of Charlie that begins to understand Desmond and what he does, creating a friendship between them - not just a protector/protected relationship. I also like how Desmond felt it was responsiblity to protect Charlie all along "by now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do" but the main chorus ("maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me") ALWAYS referred to Charlie saving Desmond. I thought it was really cool how you did that because Des felt it his DUTY to save Charlie, but in the chorus, where Charlie saves Des, the singer emphasizes maybe to make Charlie's CHOICE appear all the more noble and heroic.

[I'm not sure if that made sense. I tried to be analytical, but I'm out of school and I'm afraid my analytical skills on also on a break. ]

Um, what else... Oh, I saw on youtube the reason you gave for using this cover version. I don't particularly like this version, but I think you made the right decision! I agree that the Oasis version gives the impression of a happy ending, whereas this doesn't (and shouldn't since a great character dies at the end)!

Lovely work, hon!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(and shouldn't since a great character dies at the end)!

But some people think Jesus was great and he died being a hero soo.. basically? Charlie is the messiah

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Quote:
(and shouldn't since a great character dies at the end)!

But some people think Jesus was great and he died being a hero soo.. basically? Charlie is the messiah

they should of just had Mel Gibson direct the episode! The Passion of the Junkie
Killers Angel Eyes
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely amazing. Not many videos can make cry but jeez you had balling about a minute into it! It reminded me how much i am gonna miss Charlie!

my videos
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria wrote:
the singer emphasizes maybe to make Charlie's CHOICE appear all the more noble and heroic.
Oh that's a great catch. You analytical skills always impresses me Maria!! Thank you so much for the very detailed review. Glad you caught the constant change of POV... I like to keep my POV constant in a video but I changed it on purpose here so it's ambigous who is saving whom.

Killers Angel Eyes Thank you so much for the wonderful comment. I'll miss Charlie too...

Quote:
Charlie is the messiah

Quote:
The Passion of the Junkie

You guys crack me up!! Thanks for the good laugh!

But seriously, Charlie is very much a Christ-like figure. A very popular concept in pop culture these days (like Neo in the Matrix).

Charlie had his 'death' destiny foretold by a prophet, he made the choice to die to save others, got beaten down/tortured before making the ultimate sacrifice, was resurected in ATCHDI, and even got a crown of thorns. And a halo.

And he's even got the crucifixtion pose here.

I'm just hoping for a second resurrection.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

Amazing vid. I never really thought of this song in relation to both different POVs but you completely convinced me. Charlie really was Desmond's Wonderwall wasn't he..? Wow, I really hope someone from Lost sees this vid, because I think this may be the epitome of what they were going for when they put in the "Wonderwall" reference. That was a beautiful take on Desmond and Charlie's relationship - I like Desmond so much more after that. Fantastic and touching job!

(And this song is fantastic. Thank you so much for using it - I'm procuring it as we speak.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

Whoa, thanks so much Warren!

Hobbes wrote:
Wow, I really hope someone from Lost sees this vid, because I think this may be the epitome of what they were going for when they put in the "Wonderwall" reference.
That was a great twist... never saw that one coming. *sigh*.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing. It made me cry--which actually isn't that hard to do when you're using footage of Charlie's death scene--and it was a gorgeous thematic tying-in of Charlie and Desmond's character arcs, and, and, and ARGH. I have all these wonderful things in my head to say about it, but you've already heard most of it and I can't seem to put the rest of into words.

So I'll leave it at: AMAZING. <3

sig by niki blue
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way! Just include the death scene over some sad music and I'm sobbing like a baby.

Thanks so much for the nice comment. I wanted this vid to be extremely canon so I'm glad you thought it tied-in Charlie and Desmond's character arcs. They're my guys. I'm going to vid about them so much that eventually people will get sick of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: