Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if its possible, but how can I pause a clip? Like have it playing, then just pause it (in the actual video, not just pause. I know how to do THAT ) so its like a picture instead of a clip?

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostFreakJ wrote:
Back again!

I was beginning to get Sony Vegas a bit, so I decided to import all of the episodes that I have until now (season 1 is not ready downloading yet ). But every time I want to import 2x06: Abandoned, Vegas freezes and I have to close it. Every time. Other episodes work perfectly, only that episode has a problem.
Do I have to download it again or something else? I may need this episode for future vids

Hmm, that sounds like a codec issue that Vegas is having with that particular ep. Can you open it in WMM? If you can, you might render it into .WMV (you may have to break it into pieces) and see if you can use that in Vegas. Or you could just try downloading it again but most of the time I've found that when there's just something "wrong" with it that has caused your program to have "issues" with it, it's tough to ever get that particular file to work right.

Sorry I'm not more help. Codec problems are THE biggest pain! Good luck!

charmed_charlie wrote:
ok i kinda need a crash course in most things vegas because i've been playing around with it for most the morning and the only thing i can do is do split screens

You're going a lot faster than I did if you've figure out split screens in one morning! Both this guide and Steph's cover a lot of basic and "trick" Vegas things. If you have an specific question, feel free to ask and we'll all do our best to help you!

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Dunno if its possible, but how can I pause a clip? Like have it playing, then just pause it (in the actual video, not just pause. I know how to do THAT ) so its like a picture instead of a clip?

The easiest way I can think of (if I'm understanding correctly ) is to cue your clip up to the moment you want it to pause at, then screencap it. There's a little button over the preview window that says Save snapshot to file.

You just click that and give it a name when prompted and it'll put that into your Project Media bin. I usually either split my vid clip at the point where I'm making the cap or go ahead and trim it to that point, then cap it so that when you just put the screencap on the timeline right after it, it'll look like the motion in the video paused. (You can try to find that exact same moment in the clip again and trim it after you've moved the cursor off of it but if you don't get the right one the video will "jerk" and the still pic will look like it suddenly snaps into another position. So I've found it's best to try and catch that exact moment rather than try to edit the clip to find it again later! )

Hope that helps!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try that later. Thanks Ais! You enormous *

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just mute the timeline? Unless you wanted some voice in your vid..

I am so NOT the right person to ask for these questions, but its an idea

LostFreakJ
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with 'Abandoned' 's solved. But now I've got something else that always worked before.

When I use an effect on a clip, like Brightness, this is the result:
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonyvegasov5.jpg

Restarting the program doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something different then normal...

No credit needed - icon & sig both made by me.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is so huge I don't know if this has been mentioned before. But Sony has FREE short video clips that teach a person how to use some of the features in VEGAS. (Looks like 6 now.)

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/support/trainingvids.asp?prod=vegas5

I have watched the first one and it's pretty nice, just a voiceover with appropriate screen animation. When I'm done with finals I'll watch the rest, but I thought these could be of some use.

Anyway, if someone wants to link that to the front page that would be cool (Paul?) So it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have imported an episode, but after taking it to the trimmer and creating the clip I want, when I go into project media, the clip I created doesn't render & can't be dragged into the timeline. I put the whole epsode in the timeline even and it plays fine, what gives?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I have imported an episode, but after taking it to the trimmer and creating the clip I want, when I go into project media, the clip I created doesn't render & can't be dragged into the timeline. I put the whole epsode in the timeline even and it plays fine, what gives?

Unless the full version of Vegas works differently than the Baby one I have, when you cut the clip out of the trimmer, you just drag it directly from the trimmer to the timeline. It doesn't appear in the project media. You can right-click it in the trimmer to get your options (such as taking only the video, not the video and audio together). I believe the full version lets you name clips or something like that but Vegas Movie Studio doesn't support that option so I'm not sure about it.

I might be misunderstanding the problem, so apologies if I'm answering you wrong!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna try that Ais! I didn't think of right clicking, haha. Basically I clicked the trim button, named it like you said, and then when I went into project media there was no screencap for it and it wouldn't let me drag the named clip into the timeline. If I can right click while in the trimmer, I can probably circumvent that problem but right now I'm rendering so I can't check it at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as you do.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaha, ais you're my hero. That worked!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! So glad it worked!
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manon wrote:
well..I've got a question too, it's about the avi fourCC Code changer;

the AVI four CC Code Changer, I downloaded the thing and I tried it, I imported the avi file I needed (with the code changer, it said fourCC code for 'my avi file' has been set.) anyway, I imported the avi file, but it didn't do anything! in the trimmer it said 'media offline'
after a while a pop up said 'an error occured opening the media file'
what do you want to do? then I've got 3 options;
*specify a replacement media file
*ignore error and leave media file offline (that's definetely not what I want to do)
or *ignore this and all subsequent errors.

what did I do wrong? It's possible I no longer have divx on my computer :p is that needed to upload an avi file? when do I have to click on 'apply'? before or after I tried to import my avi file?....
damn I don't know what I did wrong

I hope someone can help
(sorry for my bad english! hope you can understand something)

I'm having the same problem right now, and I don't know how to solve it. Any help would be grateful.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcat wrote:
I'm having the same problem right now, and I don't know how to solve it. Any help would be grateful.

I'm afraid I don't know a thing about how to fix this one, I'm sorry to say. Some general things I do when I'm trying to diagnose a computer/software problem is to Google (or search engine of your choice ) all of the error messages, check the software site (if there's a site for the code changer, that is) for any help forums and F.A.Q. (frequently asked questions) and the like. Sometimes you can stumble across the solution! Best of luck! I hope you both can get that fixed!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a somewhat similiar problem. My problem is even though I've applied the codec, I start to import the .avi and it says "building peaks" but then freezes the whole program to (Not Responding) and I have to use the task manager to get it to close. If I cancel the "building peaks", the program freezes for a few minutes but then it seems fine...until I try to bring a clip to the timeline. Then it tries again to build peaks and freezes the whole program. what the heck?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LostFreakJ
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostFreakJ wrote:
My problem with 'Abandoned' 's solved. But now I've got something else that always worked before.

When I use an effect on a clip, like Brightness, this is the result:
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonyvegasov5.jpg

Restarting the program doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something different then normal...

Forget this problem, I've got Vegas 7 now and all my problems that I had are solved ^^

Am I happy! I'm busy with my first vid in this program I think I'm controlling it for the greatest part (or how do you say this?) ^^

No credit needed - icon & sig both made by me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 11 of 53

Jump to: