Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I had a little System Failure...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight_Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: I had a little System Failure... Reply with quote

... and I desperately need some help.
Last week, my computer became seriously messed up and none of my programs would load, so I put in the recovery disk to take the system back to day 1. But then everything was outdated and the system was running on Service Pack 1. So I went onto the Microsoft website and downloaded SP2, which has WMM2 included in the package (right? ) However, now when I open WMM, it's still the original version -- no effects, no transitions, nothing... and I really need the second version to make my first vid.

BUT when I try to re-download SP2 the Microsoft website tells me that my computer is completely up-to-date, and every download attempt fails. I really need to fix it without putting the recovery disk in -- that was a nightmare. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this?

Avi by Kim, 'I never' banner by Toni, 'Save Me' banner by Elodia
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried downloading it from Here?

If that doesn't work, then I don't know. Sorry.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Midnight_Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you are amazing Spiral! For some reason it worked after following that path! Thanks so much for your help! *hug*

Avi by Kim, 'I never' banner by Toni, 'Save Me' banner by Elodia
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I was going to suggest to you to try--I had a similar problem. Actually, SP2 completely ruined my computer, so I reverted back to SP1 and STILL was able to download WMM2 from that link with absolutely no problems at all. ...I should probably pass the word around to other WMM1 sufferers, huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: