Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x05 - The Cost of Living Episode Description
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: 3x05 - The Cost of Living Episode Description Reply with quote

Ekooooo...kooooo..kooooo eppy!

Episode Description:

Spoiler:

A delirious Eko wrestles with past demons; some of the castaways go to the Pearl station to find a computer they can use to locate Jack, Kate and Sawyer; Jack does not know who to trust when two of the Others are at odds with each other. Guest starring are Kiele Sanchez as Nikki, Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo, Michael Bowen as Pickett, Adetokumboh MCormack as Yemi, Muna Otaru as Amina, Hakeem Kae-Kazim as Emeka, Jermaine Scooter Smith as Daniel, Michael Robinson as trader, Ariston Green as guard, Lawrence Jones as soldier and Alicia Young as blind woman

Remember to use spoiler tags until the episode has aired wherever you are.

Spoiler:

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

You know who I think bites the big one? Henry. Juliet shoots him dead. Just a theory.

[/spoiler]

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Good theory! But wouldn't she get, like, jumped by the other Others cos hes like the Big Cheese for those guys. Weird how he seems like he woulda been the nerdy kid who pushed the milk tray around at school and now hes like, their king. Guess I better start talking to the nerds

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth:

Spoiler:

That would completely mess up the vid I'm working on right now...

Hang on a little while longer, Ben/Henry/what'shisname!

Elle, that's a good idea anyway... You never know who's going to end up having all the power!

Last edited by Aislynn on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so like you Ais I always start vids expecting new footage or things to happen. I planned my Desmond vid, more than a feeling before his love story came into play. I guess I was lucky although I did know about the woman on the photo.

Spoiler:

I am sure they won't kill off Ben anytime soon he's just been made a regular.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Spoiler:

I am sure they won't kill off Ben anytime soon he's just been made a regular.

Well, I dont know. I remember the huge "ta-do" they made about the death of someone on BUFFY- first off, I just knew who it was going to be. Then they said "its gonna be one of the Scooby gang!" and then they completley gave it away by putting TARA in the main credits! Durhey!

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem Ahem, clears throat.

First off: a big collective "o....kay." at the ending.

1.) Locke sort of looks like Batboy. Sorry I just had to say that, not pertinent to the episode.

2.) What was with the white tops? Are they Jedi's in training?

3.) When Jack asked Ben "Did it Hurt?" I IMMEDIATELY thought of that horrible pick up line "When you feel from heaven cause you must be angel!".

4.) The funeral included the cast of Godspell.

5.) Is the running theme of "Patsy Cline" because she died in a plane crash? Just curious. And I love PC, so I dont have a problem with it.

6.) How come Charlie didnt think of the downed plane when Eko first said "my brother"?

7.) The little kid said "Shhh." So whats that, the fourth "shhh" of the series?

8.) The scene with all the "ghosts" from Eko's past surrounding him reminded me of the Subway tunnel sequence in Ghostbusters 2.

9.) Locke actually ANNOUNCED where they were going? He let people in? This is new...learn something did we Mr. Locke?

10.) The Gang Leader looked like Dennis Rodman.

11.) I love how Juliet proceeds to take about the entire slaughter & butcher process RIGHT before hes going to eat. I know hearing about the fat rendering process of my food always gives me a great appetite.

12.) Another body missing.

13.) I laughed out loud (sorry Hobbes) when Locke said "suddenly I feel very stupid!" I said "SUDDENLY???". "It takes a blonde."

14.) The other guy is Jack Sparrow. Ahoy matey!

15.) The weird Yemi-demon-apparition was like the end of Wuthering Heights.

16.) I cant believe that woman was So idealistic considering the life she has and the world she grew up in. They WERE going to cut off his hands!

17.) It randomly occured to me that the "Hatch" (es) look like the Hamburglar Ride from McDonalds playland.

18.) Ben is going down! All you who have videos a'comin, you have like a month to finish

The saddest part about Juliet's "speech"- uh, why didnt they just ask for help?
Was a bit surprised not to see Kate or Sawyer, I thought they would at least show a "reaction" to the music.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
18.) Ben is going down! All you who have videos a'comin, you have like a month to finish

Ah crud. I can't vid that fast! It's a scientific fact!

I have no idea what happened in this ep. It still won't be on for more than an hour and a half. I am, however, depressed to hear #18. I had a couple of Ben vid ideas! They can't kill the dude yet! They just CAN'T! I'm not even started on all my Ben vidding yet!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hates*
I)v8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end while showing previews it said Fall Season Finale, what does that mean? Reruns for 2 months?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
*hates*

Me?

I'll just assume you meant "the episode." *looks around, shifty eyed*

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I)v8 wrote:
At the end while showing previews it said Fall Season Finale, what does that mean? Reruns for 2 months?

Unfortunately, that's exactly what it means... I believe it's -- what? -- February before new eps air again... So technically, it's 3 months before new eps...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, you're not allowed to read this post . No spoilers before the ep!! And this one has big ones

last warning

Heheh, I'm so relieved the death wasn't Locke's Yet I feel cheapened that once again some minor character who isn't even really liked much anymore bites the dust They never kill anyone in the middle of their prime. And I mean, that'd be the only time you'd get any emotion from me. Then again, they probably want to avoid emotion, lest it, you know, spark "you killed my favrITE!111" hatemails and get the show cancelled .
Ian Somerhalder must be gloating like all hell though, because he's still the death people care about most. Lucky bugger. When all the actors playing dead chars on the cast get together for their "We died on Lost!" parties (and trust me, there'll be a lot of people by the end of it), he'll be having a field day.

Ruth, you can laugh about Locke all you want, but you gotta admit, he beats Jack all to hell I was like "what?!" when he did the whole "everyone's invited!" thing - though that was such an annoying way to integrate those redshirts in ug.
But did anyone else have the strange King Kong quote roll through their heads at that moment? "He was right. There is still some mystery left in this world, and we can all have a piece of it for the price of an admission ticket." "That's the thing you come to learn about Carl, his undying ability to destroy the things he loves." Strangely fitting...

Speaking of Locke! White light you say?! Woah! Assuming we're talking abotu the monster here, that's pretty important. One, it boggles up my ending to Speed of Sound , and two, it makes a very oputstanding case for the purgatory theory . Locke is the only one we know who hasn't killed or sinned, who has seen the monster (this is talking abotu his first sighting). Maybe if that's the case, you see a bright light. And maybe, if you have sinned/killed/whatever, then you see the dark cloud, which also explains why in Exodus Locke got attacked by the monster (this is shortly after Boone's death) hmmm... I wouldn't go so far as to call it actual purgatory, but perhaps the little monster deelee is some Dharma spying invention to determine who's fit for the List or something . And what with it KILLING EKO just because he said he had nothing to confess (and thus meaning there was no hope for him) it makes a bit more sense .
That was pretty cool though, with the monster... you know... being corporeal and all. And vengeful... gotta like the venge.

Jack's side:
This was more interesting than anything else in the ep (actually, it kinda always has been). Damn, that's one twisty little situation here He can either trust Juliet and put himself in some big big danger, or he can not do that, and put himself in an equal ammount . Except one way he gets to KILL SOMEONE! MWAHAHAAH (and fail... a big "no no" in Jack's book.)
I'm gonna laugh if the whole "seeing my xray" thing is just an even more elaborate plot to get Jack to do something even worse

Hmmm... what else... oh yeah, eypatch dude. I totally thought he was an alien in the previews . Don't care much though. Just a way for the stupid new characters to make my Locke look like more of a dumbass (*hears Ruth snicker*)

Quote:

12.) Another body missing.

Ooooooh! Mayhaps the monster was those bodies (It would make sense with the whole "Jack has a vision, go Jack go!" in White Rabbit.

What else... what else......
I can't think of anything .

ETA: Oh wait! The flashbacks! Damn, almost forgot about those.
I guess the were okay, enough.

Oh, and the "You're next." yeah, don't really care. I heard it before, with the whole "How long does it take to train an army" . You just can't get me excited spouting cool quotes anymore without backing them up. Sorry.

Next ep looks amazing. This is why I'm glad Lost split into two parts this seaosn. Two friggin finales! Wooooooooot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes I didn't even read your post because I have a feeling that it was a glowing review. No offense to you, but...

...this show officially SUCKS.

I said I'd watch till the break and I will. But after that, I'm done. Unless there's some explosion of AWESOMENESS in the next episode, which, by examining the show's track record, there won't be.

The only thing I liked out of this episode was Juliet's videotape scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: