Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x03 - Further Instructions Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: 3x03 - Further Instructions Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Hurray for a Locke ep

Episode description:

Spoiler:

The aftermath of the hatch and its implosion results with Locke and Desmond safely alive. However, Mr. Eko remains in grave danger with Locke trying to save him. Meanwhile, Claire is stunned to see castaways Paulo and Nikki (guest star Kiele Sanchez) having sex in Jack's tent. Also, Hurley discusses in detail to the camp survivors on what it was like being captured by the “Others.” Lastly, flashbacks reveal more about Locke’s past. Locke also begins to come to terms with his involvement in Boone’s (guest star Ian Somerhalder) death.

Please remember to use spoiler tags if the episode hasn't fully aired yet.

Bring it on!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are
Spoiler:

Paulo & Nikki?

Are they just random redshirts or am I missing something?

And yay for
Spoiler:

BOOOOOONE!

I hope we get some great Locke back again.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Paulo and Nikki are Losties that have been in the background all this time but we've never seen them. Gonna be a little strange lol Good to see a Paul of sorts in the show though hehe

Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Oh, That's awesome! Are they using one of the background characters that have been there from the start? Or are they just going to .. appear?

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

You know, come on! I know I would have Rodrigo and that other chick around and not notice them...heh heh heh...yeah right.

[/spoiler]
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Oh, is he the guy Rodrigo is playing?
I thought they were just extras that the writers were using to prove they are having sex on the island.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I dont know, I just figured the name "Paulo"...uh, Im wrong.
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're right I think.
I'm just stupid.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, you are certainly not stupid, SS! *gives cookie*

Wheeeeeee!!! Is this the ep where
Spoiler:

Desmond streaks across the Island?

Okay, so maybe that's more wishful thinking than anything...

Spoiler:

Maybe that'll be next week, when, by a freak coincidence, Sawyer gets his clothes blown off of him and he and Desmond dare each other to streak across the Island...

I really AM excited about
Spoiler:

Locke finally dealing with Boone's death and his part in it. I think his preoccupation with the Hatch all last year was his way of avoiding his guilt. But he and Boone were friends and it wasn't right that the writers kinda dropped the whole topic, IMO. Glad to see them picking it back up!

*goes back to waiting for tonight's ep*

Spoiler just for Warren:

Spoiler:

Yes, I'll be in here reading spoilers as soon as they go up... I swear, you're NEVER gonna get me raised right!

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we decide that after it airs then we can post spoilers un-blocked???
Spoiler:

From what I saw of the clips from Youtube, I was ECSTATIC that they are finally dealing with it. Boone has a score to settle, lol. Anyone else laugh their asses off when he said "oh whats that John? Oh I guess youll get your voice back when you have something worth saying."

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure at exactly what time we are allowed to discard the spoiler stuff... It's after the ep has aired but of course it airs 3 hours earlier for the East coasters than for the Westies so where to draw the line? Hmmmm...

My personal feeling has always been if you don't want to be spoiled, then why are you reading a thread that's clearly marked as being for this ep? But that's just me...
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually dont go for "pretty boys" but damn if Rodrigo hasnt been in my Harem since Charlies Angels 2...I figure after any country/area that sees the current episode within 24 hours of it airing- then we can talk about it without the spoiler block...because thats just annoying. And this works for Canada too because we are on the same timelines!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else got vomitous chills from next weeks promo?

Spoiler:

It was So good to see Boone again- I was telling my mom- even in the afterlife, hes STILL trying to help people; if he was NOT the "Simon" of the island... Weird episode, Desmond in the oversized tyedye shirt made me think of me in the winter, getting out of bed, lol. So Nicki and Paolo are the rent-a-center Kate and Sawyer? Oh god next week- why does everything horrible happen to Sawyer?!?!? Dont you think Locke's flashbacks would've been better for "Do No Harm"? The only thing we really learned is that Mr. Friendly was running a weird commune that somehow moved to a tiny, isolated island somewhere in the South Pacific, probably near the Cook Islands, nestles in the New Guinea chain. Im DYING to know what the hell herb or whatever Locke uses- I cant find anything online that would have that powerful of an effect and grow in that part of the world. Kava gets you a little spacy, like alcohol, but not anything near to that...ANYWAY, I want to know what everyone thought- Boone rocks, plain and simple. Too bad he had to die, he was all sexy and self confident. I laughed my but off when he was in a position of "power" over John...okay end ranting now.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Am I the only one totally freaking annoyed by this show these days? Ugh. That was stupid! I love how Charlie and Claire were just chatting away after last season's earthquake implosion. What about LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY? Would it kill the writers to inject a little bit of continuity. Although it might be kind of hard, since they've FIRED all but one of them. *cough* I mean "amicably parted with." Yeah, I quit.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, guys, I think the idea was spoiler text gets discarded once the ep airs on the East Coast. It's not a spoiler if it's been aired .

As for this ep....
Ummm....
Yeah....

I'm kinda confused and over-mysticized. I'd like to take some time to reflect on the episode first before I say something I might regret, like how I thought that was freaking weird, I didn't really like it, the polar-bear CG effects were pretty scary, and I like Locke less from this than I did before. Oops, I said them . Well, at least I won't elaborate on them.

What I did like, though I'm not sure I'm quite happy with how it came to be, is Locke deciding to stop hiding, and face up to what he's done (both with Eko and with Boone) though it still didn't really say it was his fault Boone-wise. It still seems to me like Boone was more of an unexpected sacrifice than a "Locke, go kill Boone" thing. It's still Locke's fault for being so eager to open the hatch, he ignored the warnings that Boone might die though.
I loved the vision - even if it was weird - way weirder than I thought Locke was.
I also liked seeing that crater of the hatch. It's done with, and we're back to nature (maybe a bit too much, with hippee tie-dyes, streaking, mud painting, and spirit quests, but whatever...).

But that's about all. What I don't like is: what the hell is up with Desmond? And Hurley's De Ja Vew (sp?) (not to mention his angry face right there). I'm more confused by this ep than I ever have been at the end of ANY of the others, even the ones showing some miraculous big explosion or Ana Lucia/Libby killing . In fact, I am dying for someone to tell me the significance of that last minute of footage. What the hell was that symbolism? Tell me!! TELL ME PLEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!!

I don't want to complain about this ep, so I'm resisting the urge to go further, but lets just say a few quick things:
1. This isn't an ep I will be recommending anyone see anytime soon.
2. I think the writers (or "writer" as KC said LOL) decided to just inject as much "faith" as they could into one ep as they could to counterbalance an entire past season of "science". And too much of a good thing is a very bad thing...
3. This ep kinda felt like the Mad TV skit, only without the laugh track... the knife lodging in Hurley's canteen, the bear fight with (as I said) scary animation, and everything else...
Hmmm...
I need a moment to reflect here.

I don't know why, but I am especially looking forward to (and yet dreading) Enchirito's response to this ep lol.

(and yet, I absolutely can't wait until next week's ep...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: