Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDITING SOFTWARES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: EDITING SOFTWARES Reply with quote

I need to find a new program to edit videos on besides Vegas and WMM, for reasons that concern my chaotic Codec gone rogue computer. Anything that's as good quality as Vegas and as easy to use as WMM (or Vegas), I'd be fine with. I've tried a trial of Adobe Premiere before and that....well, lets say that was a nightmare.

So, do any of you guys out there have none of the above I've mentioned? If so, what do you use and how does it compare with the mainstream most-talked-about editing softwares?

sig by IslandofMystery
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry it's not just you who found Premiere a nightmare. Have you tried encoding the eps into mpeg or wmv? I use mainconcept mpeg encoder to encode the eps so they have no issues with Vegas. I use 1.5 meg bit rate that's usually fine. It depends on how much space you have on your harddrive cause in mpeg high quality versions end up bigger than compressed avis.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay well I'm not sure if my pm went through so I'll post it here:

Try downloading K-lite codec pack:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

It sounds like you messed up the codec settings. I think there is a setting on the install part of the pack that lets you 'fix audio' Just check the box that says that. I had the same problem as you a while back my sound was screwed but this fixed it. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: