Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have higher hopes for the next season(s) than this one. I figure as we grow bored with the new powers and whatnot, they'll start actually developing these characters. That could be interesting, possibly.

Either that, or they're just gonna jump to another storyline - Mohinder discovers he can transform into the Hulk or something - and continue on the crazy deus-ex-machina(!!) path. But yeah, that's the test.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That flashback episode I'm talking about was the one where we say Mr. Bennet's past leading up to the present when explosion guy and read your mind guy held up his family. Sorry I dont know people's names very well. lol. But I personally love this show. I think it's cool. I was discussing with a friend how Lost and Heroes were similar but the big difference is Lost is science fiction, Heroes is comic book. That aspect is really neat. I still prefer Lost and think it is way cooler, but hell we are already starting to find out about the big secrets on Heroes.

Spoiler:

Oh, another thing that mimics Lost a lot - lets kill some main characters! haha. I hope they dont kill Mohinder, that would make me cry!

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me was off school today, watched 4 eps...

Claire [the cheerleader] is sooo freakin hot *drools*...
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed And I can say that cause the actress is 18. She has some hot legs
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, hell yes...she has some hot legs...but the whole package is 1st class
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Drools some more*...oh my...
cows23
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Heros Avatar of DOOM (not really):

And yes Claire is hot and so is the new girl Missy Peregrym's character I think her names Candace?
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen 4 eps, (all that's aired in the UK) -- have no clue who she is
cows23
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've only seen 4 eps, (all that's aired in the UK) -- have no clue who she is

That sucks they should play everything at the same time all over the world. [/quote]
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America gets everything first
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I wasn't impressed by the finale. At all. It just kinda confirmed for me that these guys don't really know what they're doing, they just think of "hey, that'd be cool!" moments, tiptoe past as many high-cgi scenes as possible, and wing it.

The ending to this thing was a farce:

Spoiler:

Remind me again where the option of leaving the earth was brought up? And remind me when Nathan had ANY internal conflict to lead to that moment? Wasn't he determined up until that point to blow up NYC? And why the hell was he planning to do that? WHY was that a good idea? That's the batshit-crazyest, retarded-superman idea I've ever ****ing HEARD!!! What, by blowing up the city he will encourage people to do what? Follow him? To what? What was the F***ing point to that idea? Why did he think having a bomb explode in the city would encourage people to listen to him about curbing the mutant problem (and when did he care about that?)? Wouldn't they think he's batshit-crazy and it's bomb-dropping terrorists they should worry about? Is this some wacky reference to 9-11? Why does Linderman think this is about healing the world?
And back to Peter exploding: wasn't Claire supposed to shoot him? Did she just not do it because she didn't want him to die? DIDN'T HE HAVE HER GODDAMN POWERS SO HE WOULDN'T DIE?! So, nobody was going to die before if someone had just busted a goddamn cap in his head, but now not only is HE dead (in space! woo!) but so is his stupid brother. Wait, wasn't Peter the best character on the damn show? (Because Hiro has just gotten lamer and lamer lately) And if he would have blown up anyway or something, then why did we not know about this at all before that? And why was there no warning? What the hell happened to DRAMATIC FORESHADOWING? They had the whole damn season to do this, they foreshadowed every single possible way this could have happened, but it ended in the stupidest way of them all? What?!
And wait, Syler's alive?! Go him! But why the hell did he lose that battle so easily? Why can't any of these heroes use their stupid powers in a realistic fashion? I mean, I can accept Hiro has time travel, I can accept the bounds of all their powers, but I can't accept how frequently they won't even freaking use them when it'd be useful. Like stupid pass-through-guy (husband of Nikki) - why didn't he grab her and make the bullet pass through both of them instead of taking it? He JUST did that a minute before that! And if he just didn't have time to reach her, why not make that more clear? Where's the consistency? And Hiro - remind me why he can't stop time, stab Scylar to make sure he's dead, then unstop it? (okay, dishonorable, but if that's the case then SAY it.) And Scylar - you can stop BULLETS in fractions of a second (remember, the bullet hits you before you can even hear the sound of the shot), but you can't stop Hiro from stabbing you, which takes seconds for him to do?! Dear God of continuity, smite these people.

The whole show has more freaking loose ends than Lost, and that is saying something. At least Lost has this subtle thing they do of CALLING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. All they have to do is fit it in the bounds of their little world. It's like, if there was some sci-fi movie where people are smoking in a space shuttle (Oxygen rich environment), all they have to do is say "oh, thank god we invented that _______ thing, or we'd be blowing up right now" (this is taken right off the movie "Thank You for Smoking" - sorry). That's all these guys have to do, yet they don't. Instead we're brought a new deus ex machina to solve the situation. Even their dramatic buildups don't make sense. They change the way each character acts in every ep completely different than the one before!!! It's just... ug.

I guess it's my fault for being so used to well-written shows. You come to expect a show as big and promising as this to at least be adequately written. I mean, they have a million deus ex machinas at their disposal that we would accept just fine, yet... they feel the need to create MORE, and change it even further by using ALL their characters like weird little props at every opportunity. What are they even freaking aiming at?! There is no point to this stupid show!! The only point used to be to build up to some awesome good vs evil moment at the finale, but... apparently not!

Sad. Sad sad sad sad sad.

Wow, I've never appreciated Lost so much as I do right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG - He could have just flown himself up, without Nathan!

LMAO
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm right there with you Warren! I thought the finale was horrible. I've been watching this show faithfully since it began and it seems that after 'Homecoming', it ust kept getting worse and worse. I will not be tuning in for season two after this finale 'cause it sucked ass.

Warren wrote:
OMFG - He could have just flown himself up, without Nathan!

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it on my computer LOL
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you know, it's been a while, but I'm still pissed off at this show. Between this and PotC3, it's like it's becoming okay for a plot to not make sense. Ug.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way.
drax
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any sites or forums for folks who make fanvids of Heroes ?
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: