Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

P.S. I hate Mohinder. He's useless, stupid, and as far as I can tell played by a horrible actor .

Yes, well, to be fair I don't see a lot of the cast as having great strengths and talents in acting. Thank God for the Lost cast.

Wow, this is like a "feel better about Lost" show!

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO true, true
but at least (most) of them have cool powers what's this jerk got? Nothing! Just the ability to waste my time longer than anyone else
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So out of the like the 10 people that got the "cheerleader" message, only one showed up huh?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, they needed a narrator

Okay so this week was about Sylar, fair enough. Anyone else think Claire needs to get a new outfit?

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one not so blood-soaked? And more easilly washable?
Or maybe something along the lines of this: http://www.ursulascostumes.com/Adult/5183.jpg
Add some adamantine claws and she could really be kickass

So wait... Sylar's power is he eats brains?

Quote:
Hobbes, they needed a narrator

So did March of the Penguins, but you don't see Morgan Freeman waddling his ass in there, do you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so in review:

Nicki is like Jean Grey, in that her "dark side" or "Phoenix" can take over at any time. But she also has super strong powers, but thats most of the X's.

Peter is like the Leech/Rogue in that he can temporarily adopt the powers of another. More like the leech, since he doesnt have to be touching them to do this. And for the flying:

Hiro- slightly Nightcrawler-ish.

Nicki's husband- sorry dont remember name right now. Kitty Pryde. Walls and stuff.

Claire- obviously like Wolverine in the healing abilities.

Matt- has the whole mind reading thing happening, like Xavier.

Micah- I dont know the xverse very well, so help me out.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More:

Nathan - Angel (without wings)
Micah - forge (so I'm told ) http://www.answers.com/topic/forge-comics
Isaac - eh, anyone with future-sight. Seems pretty basic lol.
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I never thought I'd say this, but that was AWESOME!!

So Peter's the one who blows up....because of too many heroes getting close to him as far as I can tell......and causes the huge explosion? If that's the case, then the heroes would be saving the world by not doing anything. I'm a little confused.

I hate to say this, but I've been more entertained by this episode of Heroes than I've mostly been watching the first 6 eps of Lost. Hopefully that'll change though.

sig by IslandofMystery
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay well, a few really weird things in Peter's "vision"...first of all, why is Matt back in his cop uniform?

Why is Claire STILL in the cheerleading uniform?

Did his brother blow up too?

I dont think it will actually happen, and I dont think Peter is actually dead.

Considering I really dont like Simone, please take this statement with a grain of salt. Did I sense a little something between Claire and Peter? And yeah I know shes only like 16/17, but Milo is really cute...

And how adorable was Hiro giving the Star Trek sign to Isaac?

Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

Considering I really dont like Simone, please take this statement with a grain of salt. Did I sense a little something between Claire and Peter? And yeah I know shes only like 16/17, but Milo is really cute...

I don't see anything wrong talking about Claire and Peter. They have some nice chemistry. I like both of them, especially together, even despite the age thing....

Quote:
And how adorable was Hiro giving the Star Trek sign to Isaac?

LOL, it was also really adorable when he showed Issac how to scrunch up his face for power. But I'm really confused about Hiro suddenly knowing how to speak English perfectly (though with his accent still). I'm not a religious viewer of this show, but did 6 weeks pass by or something, that he learned English in the cafe?

I think Claire was in her cheerleader costume and other things because it was probably an abstract kind of premonition, and Peter imagined all the heroes in their prototypes.

sig by IslandofMystery
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess...but I dont want him to die! There are a couple of others who I wouldnt mind seeing go, but I like Peter. Oh and yeah, hes not THAT much older than she is.

Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out. Best. Music. Video. Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5NkW-LtC0

Peter is SO emo.

sig by IslandofMystery
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it's been a while since someone has posted something about this show, and so much has happened since. But in order to keep the suspense, all I'm gonna say is even though the show is not as cool as Lost at least they get answers. lol.

So who else was laughing hysterically at the mimic "flashback" episode? I couldnt stop laughing. Heroes trying to be Lost....shame shame

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only episode of this so far where I've even considered it to be on par with Lost was Claire's ep. That was niiiice.
The rest though - no, an Ensemble cast just doesn't work too well for these guys, at least not if they want us to care about any of the characters. At least lost has the "one ep for this person - one for this - one for this" thing going on. I actually laughed when Simone got shot which scares me a bit . But there is absolutely no way anyone could tell me they felt sad at that point.
Except for Claire's ep, all I care about with this show is seeing Hiro have cool and/or funny scenes, then seeing the occasional superpower. But as long as they just deliver those things, I'm happy. Anything more would be a blessing .

(and yeah, they're totally trying to copy Lost's Ensemble style forget which ep that flashback one was though lol. They're not very memorable )
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prison Break also did a flashbacks episode and the producers I believe have admitted they took inspiration from Lost. Who wouldn't though it is a winning formula.

Heroes is not anything compared to Lost imo. If you think back how great season one Lost was, it was mainly because of it being fresh and new. The second season of Heroes will be the real test to see if it can sustain. I have my doubts personally. I think they need to up their game on character creation. The concept of the show is so great but I think some of the characters are lame. Isaac and Greg Grunberg's character (so lame I forgot his name lol) are boring for me to watch. As are Suresh and Claire although she is good eye candy. I love Hiro, Peter, Nathan and the invisible man guy played by Christopher Eccleston. I am not a huge fan of Nikki either really that storyline is pretty boring to me, I wish she'd wake up and accept her super power. The whole split personality thing is getting old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: