Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wanted Dead Or Alive" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: "Wanted Dead Or Alive" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"Wanted Dead Or Alive" 10-03-2005
A Sawyer/Kate/Sayid AU Western
Song: Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 4:32 (15.8 MB WMV)

Link: http://media.putfile.com/Aislynn_Wanted-Dead-Or-Alive
http://www.badongo.com/vid/164645
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_WantedDeadOrAlive.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG YAY NEW VID FROM AISLYNN

Downloading now
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat was awesome.

LOL @ the dedication

I was worried for a while that suince you now have WMM2 some of the classic animation and stuff would disappear but it didn't.

Great job. Awesome.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with these family dedications recently bring a tear to my eye hehe Nice vid I'm sure your mom will be touched
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! It's finally here aftenr long adue! LOVED the badge animation, and the Sawyer/Sayid fight was coool I don't know what you're talking about with that clipswith the smash effect Ais' it turned out even better than if it wasn't there!
You will have to teach me how to make such good wanted posters too, because that was a very cool effect
I find it interesting how you kept the hardcore Skate out of the vid until the very end wanted to keep the focus on the big boy, eh? Can't let Kate steal the spotlight
The best part was when Sawyer had the gun at Sayid (well actually Jack, but you know gotta love AU's )

Another superb video Aislynn! Tell the audience what you plan next!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy: Aw, I always appreciate the enthusiasm! ***BIG HUG*** (Even though you are gonna make me old and gray over in the Spam thread... ) No worries about the animations disappearing, no matter what program I end up with. I love doing them too much!

Polarbear: Thanks, Paul, my favorite Skater-bear! As for the dedication: This was actually meant as a birthday present for my mom but she graciously said I could go ahead and submit it to LVI and let everybody else see it, too! Uh, not that I really gave her that much of a choice, of course... "Hey, Mom! Look, there's your birthday vid online at LVI!" *points* Okay, so I did make this a slightly different version of her birthday vid, but the dedication seemed the least I could do! Mom really IS a Raving Sawyerette! Where do you think I inherited my love of Southern bad boys with dimples to die for?

Hobbes: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You know how much I value your opinion, especially on my animations! And I'm really happy that my 3 WMM 2 transitions passed the "they looked okay!" test as well! (The Shatter-In effect being the smash one you mentioned; there were also 2 others I tried to "sneak" past y'all... )

Oh and thanks also for the compliment on the posters! I tried to find some pre-made ones but ended up building these from scratch. Glad they looked okay!

And yes, I wanted this to be more of a Sawyer vid than Skate necessarily. But...you know me, I'm a hard-core Skater and it's gonna show up at some point in my vids!

And as for my next vid...

Let me thank Paul in advance for supplying the Ethan clips and Hobbes for getting me the song! Love you guys! One final word: Animation. Lots and lots of animation...

But as for now, I'm still basking in the Sawyerness of this vid! And, uh, trying to get this song out of my head. I think I may have permanently burned it into my brain or something...

Thanks for the comments!

~Aislynn
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.............let me just say

BEST SAWYER/SKATE VID EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even better than mine kidding

Aislynn.... Aislynn..... Aislynn, wow wow wow

I can't stop repeating myself I can't stop repeating myself see see

well that was awesome and I nice present for my b'day (even though it wasn't intentional )

you know how you said if anyone could sway you to Jate it would be Nate or myself...... well if anything can make me a raving sawyerette.... it would be this vid for sure.... I bet your mum loved it

so since you've finished your vidders break with a bang what can we expect next from the Awesomeness of the Incredible Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Lurch* You rang?
http://rapidshare.de/files/5927296/Wanted_Dead_Or_Alive.wmv.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I havn't commented on your awesome vid yet Aislynn. Please forgive me.
Anyway.....loved it A. The graphics were great and the song is SO Sawyer.
The Wanted poster was awesome.
Great Job yet again.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel: Awww, thank you muchly, Vicky! And that really means a lot to me, what you said about the Raving Sawyerette thing 'cause I know what a serious Jater/Jack fan you are! *big hug*

And of course you may claim this as a birthday present! I'm sure that Mom wouldn't mind sharing in the slightest! I think her goal is to make the whole world into Sawyer fans, lol!

Hobbes: *big hug* Thank you so much for the Rapidshare link!!! You spared me the horror of trying to upload this 15 MB monster again! Hey, no laughing, Broadband people! 15 MB is HUGE when you're trying to drag it uphill with dial-up, trust me!

Hollywood: Oh, no problemo, Holly! Comments are certainly welcome at any time! I'm so glad that you liked it! I've been waiting for the right Sawyer song to strike me for a while now. When I heard this one again recently, I knew it was the one I wanted! I'm just thrilled to know that somebody else thinks it fit him as well! Thank you!

I AM going to try something more complicated for this next vid, so it may be a while before it's done. I'm making up some new animation techniques as I go along! It might come out good or it might come out...as my own personal blooper reel! Hey, there's an idea, maybe I'll put together all of my animation "misfires" and call it "The Outtake Vid." 'Cause, believe me, when my animations go wrong, they go WRONG, lol!

Thank you all again for taking time to comment!

*big hug for everybody!*

~Aislynn
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Outtake Vid? Can we see some of that now?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in good time, MG! After this next vid, I bet I'll have some great outtakes to work with...
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Rapidshare link, Hobbes!

That was great. Love the song and that you used Sayid as the other cowboy, not Jack. Can't wait for your next vid.

Marcus, the "Young'un".

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad you were able to finally see it, Marcus! Thanks for the review!

~Aislynn
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this video gets HUGE FREAKING AMOUNTS of Style Points (tm)!!

Style Points (tm) are for vidders for refuse to follow this genre's rapidly-expanding list of cliches, but instead choose to forge their own path into the uncharted territory that really does need to be explored in order for things to remain interesting.

Style Points (tm) for this video include:

Making Sayid the opposing cowboy instead of Jack.

The whole cowboy motif, with the badge and the flashing images of a sundown showdown.

Saving the big Skate kiss for the ending.

The fades to sepia on the Wanted poster and during the song.

The adorable dedication at the end.

All this adds up to:

* * * * --- four out of four stars!!

Very nicely done, I am DEFINITELY looking forward to more work from you.

___blind.filmmaker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: