Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2006 Emmys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: 2006 Emmys Reply with quote

So... did anyone watch?

I still don't understand how they're voting now. A lot of the wins seemed really... odd.

Tony Shaloub for Best Comedy Actor? What? Hasn't he already won a million times? Now to mention his smart-assy speech about how he was nominated along with such great losers-uh I mean actors was rude. Of course, maybe I'm just thinking that because I was rooting for Steve Carell. At least the show won for Best Comedy, thank god!

Kiefer Sutherland for Best Drama Actor? What? Awesome! I honestly did not think he or the show would win since the whole night was full of everyone I didn't want to win winning.

And definitely worth watching is the hilarious intro to the show. Featuring Conan going into Lost, The Office, 24, House, South Park and Dateline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCOUgjECtI
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Lost didn't win anything I can't believe 24 won best show either really happy for that! but Lost not getting anything has put me on a downer.

That Conan thing was hilarious. Thanks for the link! I've only seen the Lost bit.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorta annoyed Lost didn't get an emmy but I don't ever pay attention to these award ceremonies...I wouldn't care if Lost never got any awards, I'd still watch it...although awards would be nice to help it keep going.

Thanks for posting that link, hilarious. But I hate that kind of "nothing makes sense on Lost" humor btw...not cos it's insulting the show, I mean I know it's just a joke...it's just that it seems every time there's something parodying Lost, it's that same old joke...bring some new ones out!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
But I hate that kind of "nothing makes sense on Lost" humor btw...not cos it's insulting the show, I mean I know it's just a joke...it's just that it seems every time there's something parodying Lost, it's that same old joke...bring some new ones out!

Uh... where was that?
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was there, nowhere near as bad as other stuff I've seen but it always gets me annoyed so I thought I'd mention it.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about Conan's last line? Because I think that was implying that he thinks it's insane that Lost wasn't nominated.
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to This Lost submitted Man of Science, Man of Faith for the Emmys. It's good episode, but I think they could have chose a better one if they wanted to win anything. It says:
Quote:
Let's take Lost, which O'Neil rightly identifies as a flashpoint for critics ticked off at the nominations. O'Neil says the producers sabotaged themselves by submitting "Man of Science, Man of Faith," an early second-season episode that O'Neil describes thus: "A dog runs away into the jungle at night and a couple of islanders go looking for it. Whoopdeedoo. Meantime, a few other islanders blow the lid off a hatch in the jungle floor and we see partial glimpses of a man living in a modern-style apartment down below. Huh? That's it. That's the whole episode."
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is: The Emmies suck! I just don't pay any attention to these award ceremonies. They are NEVER right. Simple reason: Everyone has different opinions. And of course they're judged terribly. That's why lost didn't get nominated and Steve Carrel didn't win. Big flashy award ceremonies SUCK.

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article!

*Rips whatzit"
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Are you talking about Conan's last line? Because I think that was implying that he thinks it's insane that Lost wasn't nominated.

LMAO I totally only just realised that! Sorry about that.

Shankle wrote:
The problem is: The Emmies suck! I just don't pay any attention to these award ceremonies. They are NEVER right. Simple reason: Everyone has different opinions. And of course they're judged terribly. That's why lost didn't get nominated and Steve Carrel didn't win. Big flashy award ceremonies SUCK.

I agree with that, I don't think award ceremonies are a reason to start or stop watching a show. I think they're mainly to award shows that have a lot of effort put into them, which the judges can see...obviously if we submitted "MOS, MOF" for the emmys we weren't gonna do well. I love that episode, but I don't think it has enough huge shocking stuff in it...how could they not submit the finale???

But really I don't care, like I said, it's no reason for people to start or stop watching a show...infact the only reason they show these on TV is for people who want some new celebrity gossip.

no1slayer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost really should have won something i think ! its an amazing show and didnt they win something last year. the emmys air tonight over here so im gonna watch but it sucks lost wont be there !
i did watch live from the red carpet last night (i like looking at all the dresses ) evangeline lilly was there and she looked great !

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shankle wrote:

I don't nitpick often about it but it's spelled Carell.

Now... this is something that annoys me, but are all the people who say the awards suck also the same who were saying how great they were last year when Lost won?
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad colin, my bad

But i must protest, I never thought big flashy award ceremonies were anything more than a gimmick. Why has johnny depp never won an oscar? Why did the shawshank redemption (arguably one of the best films in cinema history) not win a single one of the seven oscars it was nominated for? Because award ceremonies are crap.

*Rips whatzit"
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Now... this is something that annoys me, but are all the people who say the awards suck also the same who were saying how great they were last year when Lost won?

Not me. Never cared the Lost got an emmy...and I'm kinda like Ed, although I do understand the point of having these awards...I just think they'd probably be better if they weren't shown on air and all that, since it makes people get all "ooooh, this movie/show is better than this one! We should see the winner and forget about the rest!" and stuff like that. Sometimes people forget the awards are for the people who work really hard on the show...people work really hard on Lost but I do think the main reason they didn't get recognised for that this year was cos of "MOS, MOF" being sent in...if I hadn't found that out I'd still be wondering why.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: